MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Do you trust your first instincts?

Do you trust your first instincts? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Do you trust your first instincts? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Do you trust your first instincts?

first instinct/gut feeling.....always listen to it these days having not always taken heed in the past, but will always give someone/something a chance to prove it wrong/right before acting on it.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 16/10/2012 14:18  

hmmmm instinct says XK is a right tw*t....... of course reality proves his just a bit of a twit! if not a very cheeky and often inappropriate twit!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 16/10/2012 16:01  

Oh, FFS. Always someone ready to push down and ridicule " troo lurve" which is a shame! It happens, you fell out of it, get over it. Don't take it out on the rest, or you'll be permanently miserable!

As for instinct, I would like to say go with the first gut feeling but I have been proven wrong. I think Minnie summarises all that is right about instinct for me

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2012 21:42  

Gut instincts upto now have worked for me Lisa love...Hope all is well with your lad ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2012 21:45  

i think our opinions on "trooo lurve" are mainly tainted by experience. Maybe im wrong but if youre the wrong side of ...well lets say 30...and on here... then u invariably have "baggage"...wot you do with said baggage is mainly about how you deal with life and of course how miserable/happy you are...i think its maybe a bit unfair to those who dont/cant deal with things to dismiss their self preservation instinct...ie the one that says beware til proven wrong.... as opposed to the optimistic lets go in with both feet til some bastard chops em off instinct.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/10/2012 21:57  

I would agree with that and so I get your perspective and I'm sorry if my comments trod on the toes of anyone. It's not just bikers/rockers that get their hearts stomped on though - that happens in all walks of life and should be taken into consideration, IMO. I think that bikers do tend to be more introspective though & wear their hearts on their sleeves at an early stage, and I think this is what gets us into trouble.

BUT! I think that experience should caution, not ask you to take revenge on the next. I agree that most people over the age of 35 certainly have baggage - it's whether you choose to put it in the overhead locker or cart it around with you plus the extra you gather for the rest of your life - This doesn't include kids, obviously.

It is too easy to go in with a feeling of apprehension. I feel that to go in open, keep an observational eye out for your comfortable timeframe and to observe through action tells you all you need to know...I hope!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/10/2012 23:48  

I dumped my baggage in the river with some stones. And provided nobody finds her I can move on with my life.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/10/2012 00:05  

lol @ SS - ur a bad man!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 18/10/2012 08:43  

yer, put your kawasaki in the river tooo.....

Update Reply
markiexs @ 18/10/2012 21:35  

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/10/2012 21:45  

Hmmmm....my gut instincts have never been wrong, I've just never taken much notice when it suits me not to I just kick myself later when I hear"told you so" from the depths of my psyche

They are there for a reason.....

Update Reply
VFRSue @ 19/10/2012 23:55  

lol VFR Sue i know that one!!! we have a handy knack of ignoring ourselves dont we... pmsl .... wonder if life would be too boring if we listened to our own good advice

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2012 11:49  

If our instincts were any good , wouldn't we all have perfect partners . Wouldn' we all have avoided the bad ones.
In other words , young or old , experienced or naive .
DO NOT TRUST YOUR FIRST INSTINCTS .
People are too complicated to be judged in an instant.
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 20/10/2012 18:44  

Wholeheartedly agree with you there Dusty...well said

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2012 06:29  

@ Dustin.....I could have avoided the bad ones if I'd listened to my sensible side

Suzi - if I listened to my gut instinct I wouldn't have had half the fun in my life or have half the stories to tell

Update Reply
VFRSue @ 22/10/2012 22:52  

Matt, wheres the like button? KG \m/><\m/

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 22/10/2012 23:50  

Matt, wheres the like button? KG \m/><\m/

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 22/10/2012 23:51  

BTW not everyone over 35 has baggage. Skeletons yes

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 22/10/2012 23:52  

I think people are complex, [one man's nightmare is another man's dreamgirl]. A relationship is the mixing together of two people, two personalities. [One woman's nightmare , is another woman's dreamboat] The result is a new 'entity' Two pieces of the 'troo lurve' jigsaw. Do they fit? Are they a misfit? There really is only one way to find out. Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 23/10/2012 10:26  

I think people are complex, [one man's nightmare is another man's dreamgirl]. A relationship is the mixing together of two people, two personalities. [One woman's nightmare , is another woman's dreamboat] The result is a new 'entity' Two pieces of the 'troo lurve' jigsaw. Do they fit? Are they a misfit? There really is only one way to find out. Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 23/10/2012 10:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email