MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

nodding

nodding - Forums [Biker Match] nodding - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

nodding

what dose it mean when someone has nodded you? and what do you do in response. sounds silly but i just don't know

Update Reply
jayronivy2 @ 10/10/2012 08:53  

Nod back. It's an acknowledgement of being a fellow motorcyclist/biker. we're not like confirmed car drivers, if you break down, just pretend we havent seen you etc. Obviously only nod/ acknowledge with your hand/ flash your light but only if it's safe to do so. Dont try it banked over in a bend etc. Or if on this site, go into profile of who nodded you and press 'NOD' same effect. Does that help ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 10/10/2012 09:22  

Indeed, it's similar to the real life nod. A sign of respect, a welcome message, etc. Could also indicate that someone has an interest in you

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/10/2012 10:47  

Purely respect and welcome from my point of view

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 10/10/2012 11:56  

Shows respect to fellow riders, nothing more, nothing less.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 10/10/2012 20:01  

I agree......just a sign of respect....like when your on your motorbike.

Update Reply
cnc6000 @ 10/10/2012 20:06  

Yup a nod begets a nod or a wave.......just be aware that some riders from main land Europe use a foot extended to the side instead of a nod.......doesn't mean they mean to kick you lol......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/10/2012 22:17  

@ Johnny . Thanks for the 'leg nod' info . I always thought they were releasing a fart from tight leathers lol . Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 10/10/2012 23:05  

Thanks very much guys, sorry it's a bit late.

Update Reply
jayronivy2 @ 20/10/2012 22:14  

Lol @ dusty

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2012 21:43  

hmmmm just to put the cat amongst the pigeons then so to speak ... if its just like a nod when out on bike.... do those of you that say that nod every profile you look at? as i would guess you do if its just like when you are out on a bike?....... just a thought like

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2012 21:50  

I tend to get nods from folk when they chat to me about tours n stuff, had as many from blokes as woman............ so hope it's friendly

Update Reply
madscots @ 24/10/2012 23:59  

That's when I nod... When I've chatted with someone in the Forums.. or someone has said something outstandingly lush and it's touched a nerve.. or they've just been out and out supportive/fantastic/loving/giving/caring/whatever about someone else...

Mark of Respect..

If I used the Nod because I "fancied" someone.. I wouldn't nod.. because I'm desperately shy at telling a bloke how I feel about him.. and the thought of nodding at someone because I thought they were hot and then anxiously waiting to see if I ever got anything back.. Eughw the thought brings me out in a cold sweat...

Thankfully.. not an issue at the moment... hopefully the moment will continue.. cos eughw.. now read above again...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 25/10/2012 23:44  

That's when I nod... When I've chatted with someone in the Forums.. or someone has said something outstandingly lush and it's touched a nerve.. or they've just been out and out supportive/fantastic/loving/giving/caring/whatever about someone else...

Mark of Respect..

If I used the Nod because I "fancied" someone.. I wouldn't nod.. because I'm desperately shy at telling a bloke how I feel about him.. and the thought of nodding at someone because I thought they were hot and then anxiously waiting to see if I ever got anything back.. Eughw the thought brings me out in a cold sweat...

Thankfully.. not an issue at the moment... hopefully the moment will continue.. cos eughw.. now read above again...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 25/10/2012 23:44  

And

NO if you have not had a nod off me it is NOT because I think you are ugly or boring!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 25/10/2012 23:45  

its nice to get a nod back when u send one

Update Reply
kaycat @ 26/10/2012 10:48  

tis indeed Kaycat...

Can't say that I get that many.. think they view then go "oh crap she's a lunatic" and head off in search of something else...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 26/10/2012 18:01  

Yep I don't bother nodding (on here) unless they nod first, especially if its a guy they usually think it means you fancy them so its easier just not to do it! But on the road its a diff story I always nod to other bikers and if they don't nod back I don't lose any sleep over it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2012 07:02  

There you go. you've all got a nod now. you may read into it what you will. ha ha

Update Reply
petewick @ 27/10/2012 07:51  

Haha cheers Pete, back atcha!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2012 08:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email