MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Stupid is as Stupid Does..

Stupid is as Stupid Does..  - Forums [Biker Match] Stupid is as Stupid Does..  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Stupid is as Stupid Does..

Myself and another BM member late one night came up with a similar topic called.. "I Am A Plank Because..."

Well they got deleted.. along with the thread and I miss it.. but I'm not a plank people.. I'm blindingly kick myself stupid.. Oh the shame...

Glorious Sunshine out there.. two days in a row.. the best weather for weeks... ~ Health is spot on.. so ready.. willing and able to ride my bike..

'Cept.. Where's My Crash Helmet?!!! SWINDON!! Beyond Gutted and kicking myself big time... For sure no one here would do anything as stupid as leave their crash helmet nearly 500 miles away!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 09/10/2012 14:13  

And yes.. I've even tried squeezing my head into Ellie's crash helmet...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 09/10/2012 14:15  

And the moral of this story is .............. Always make sure your helmet stays with the bike Or a simpler solution ......... Get another helmet One which stays with the bike and one which can travel with you Raised a smile for me though Well done Anne, I can rely on you for amusement

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/10/2012 16:11  

Well I'm glad I can raise your smile Emz lol..

Another thought occurred to me too.. and officially my second "stupid is.. as stupid does.." ~ What would I have done had I been able by the some grace of god to squeeze my head into Ellies crash helmet.. only to find myself stuck after the event?!!

Can imagine the scenario down at A&E now...

Actually.. they know me.. I'm on video footage... ~ Had gone down late one night to get a broken wrist x-rayed.. my aged uncle couldn't work the car park barriers.. I got out of the car to help get his "coin" only to be knocked out by the barrier after walking under it infront of his car and needed assistance into the hospital...

Next day to be fitted with a cast.. every department I went to was.. "ohhhhhhhhhh you're the girl..."

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 09/10/2012 16:36  

This could be called 'Madness reigns' One off my best friends, coming out of a pub after a session, declared he couldn'nt find his gloves and his helmet strap would'nt do up. Neverthless a group of us forced his helmet on to his head so we could get back quickly, as you do when you leave a pub. Still complaining of not finding his gloves, we shot of round to a mates house, only to discover when we got there that the friend's gloves where still inside his helmet, along with his head!!! That was a howly hoot.......

Update Reply
markiexs @ 09/10/2012 17:29  

L'ingMAO!!! Markiexs.. that is classic! ~ He's not a member by any chance lol.. he would fit in so so well

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 11/10/2012 20:54  

Cleaning windows is more dangerous than riding motorcycles.... Yesterday, used a chair to climb onto a desktop to get access to a filthy, cobwebby window. I forgot that we never actually screwed the desktop down when we moved it there....it's a very heavy desktop Climbed up, knelt on desktop...In a split second the arrangement in that small room changed completely The whole thing tipped up and deposited me on the floor. A very large tv, the old variety, not flatscreen slid off the desktop and pushed aside a cabinet on castors which then wedged the door into the room shut (it's a tiny room)....I was trapped with my foot under the edge-on desk top (very heavy)...I was also wedged in behind me by the wedged in tv (heavy). The chair I'd had one foot on was wedging me in the other side. I was in the house alone but nobody could have helped anyway cos the door was wedged shut by the cabinet Serious injury to my foot was saved cos the bottle of flash took the full force of the impact of the edge-on desktop and lay squashed with contents ejected....all over my foot After nearly an hour of inch by inch moving all these wedged objects I finally escaped! I really can't understand how I didn't get hurt - I'm very, very lucky Bloody idiot that'll teach me to attempt ridiculous challenges like cleaning windows....Extracted the tele but I don't know if it still works cos the pins in the plug were bent by the impact, so I've got to put a new plug on it (years since I've changed a plug) The window is still filthy and door is shut on the carnage cos I don't know where to start cleaning it up lol Very dramatic, very stupid but very funny

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 11/10/2012 23:04  

Oh heck Minnie, sorry for laughing as I am sure it wasnt funny but its like something out of a comedy sketch, glad you are ok. Sadly a lot of serious accidents happen in the so called safety of our own homes. The bad bit is you still got to do the cleaning.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 11/10/2012 23:29  

This could be called 'Madness reigns' OR Some Mothers do have 'em

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/10/2012 08:42  

Putting in my contact lenses, going to put my helmet on, wondering why it won't fit.....cos I have left my glasses on the top of my head! You'd think I'd learn after the first time...but nooooooo

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 12/10/2012 13:16  

PML Rowan, are we related?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/10/2012 13:27  

Sandi, if you can walk into desks and walls and columns or anything else that is stationary and that have been there forever or fall over your own feet (its the carpet's fault) and are a complete clutz....then there is a high possibility

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 12/10/2012 13:38  

Hey you two above me... I'm a Triplet!! Whoooooooop whooooop!!

And Minnie.. ouch ouch ouch!! That's not stupid lovely.. it's tragic

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 12/10/2012 14:14  

....when you hook your phone up to charge it, come back a couple of hours later and wonder why it didn't work and then realise you forgot to flick the plug on...!!!!!!!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 13/10/2012 23:35  

been there done that,got the why me ? t.shirt....x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 16/10/2012 13:31  

Hoovering up in the living room, ( yes I do know how to use one girls ) when running it round the computer desk things start to fly off onto the floor a high speed for no apparent reason, coffee mug (half full), ash tray, tobacco and lighter and numerous other items and to cap it all the hoover starts making a noise likened to the death rattle of a Morris 1100. 'What the hell just happened?' thinks I, upon further investigation it turns out I had run the hoover over the cable to my headphones. The rotating brushes started to reel in said cable and as it got shorter it proceeded to drag things of the table behind which I had draped it.
You live and learn they say......no, didnt I go and do the same bloody thing about 6 months after. Who said living on your own is paradise? Oh wait a minute that was me, must be true then, see ya playmates.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/11/2012 03:25  

Years ago, when my girl was only a baby, I felt a right plonker in a supermarket car park. Got out the car, got baby out the car in my arms, shut the car door with my fingers curled over the top...... ( need I say more...?) well, trapped my fingers in the door as it shut and locked. Stood there like a lemon, one hand trapped in door, baby on the other arm, not a third hand anywhere in site to get car keys out my pocket to unlock and release my hand... I don't have blond moments, I have intellectual pauses....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 27/11/2012 08:59  

not sure how, but instead of nodding to Minnie, just just managed to nod at myself!!!!!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 28/01/2013 13:47  

Hope you had the courtesy to nod back at yourself?

Update Reply
centurion @ 28/01/2013 13:57  

Trying to put my prescription sunnies on and wondering why I couldnt see ....oh yes I'm supposed to take off my normal glasses off first

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 28/04/2013 00:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email