MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Unmarked police motorbikes!

Unmarked police motorbikes! - Forums [Biker Match] Unmarked police motorbikes! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Unmarked police motorbikes!

Was watching Helicopter Heroes this morning (had a lie in) and one of the features showed a biker, first being followed and filmed by an unmarked police bike and rider and then as the biker was recorded as speeding, he was subsequently 'done'!

I don't know how long unmarked police bikes have been around, or how many of you are aware of them.....I certainly wasn't.....but just thought I'd mention it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2012 13:49  

Probably have too, region by region identify what forces and areas they are working in.. If we post in sightings and areas or type of Bikes, then we all can be aware of them.....me thinks....

Update Reply
markiexs @ 04/10/2012 15:21  

Peelers round Belfast/Antrim have a white R1, no markings except for small decal on lower fairing. All cam kit extremely well concealed. Rider wears black fabric/gortex suit, not leathers and white helmet.

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 04/10/2012 16:27  

Was chatting with one at copcock, crafty sods use all sorts of bikes so you can never really be on the lookout for them...

Update Reply
old red @ 04/10/2012 16:50  

This programme - Helicopter Heroes - which is about the Yorkshire Air Ambulance - was featuring a biker who had crashed at Wetwang in East Yorkshire whilst overtaking other vehicles, and had broken his leg in 26 places!

So this little addendum in today's show re the speeding biker being filmed by a police officer following him, was I suppose to reassure the public that all possible is being done to keep them safe from bikers.

Having said that, the filmed biker was moving in excess of 90 mph ...but then again so was the cop (well he must have been to keep up with him).

So apart from a very, very quick, not quite full, shot of the officer and his bike, I couldn't identify it any more than to say that the bike was black, and that the officer was wearing black clothing.

I have nothing but admiration for the Air ambulance crew who do a very difficult job, under very difficult conditions. But I do object to it, and the programme being hijacked by the biased anti-biker mob.
For I didn't see anything warning the public about horses after it featured a woman who was kicked in the forehead by one, leaving a hoof shaped scar. Or about taking care not to create sparks when working with old fuel containers, as did one chap who received 50 % burns which were dreadful.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2012 16:52  

seen the R1 out in Northern Ireland. Also strathclyde police have a Zx10 i think! its green anyway. also just a thought - i did Bikesafe here a few weeks back. i kept to the speed limit all the time he was riding behind me - when he said he was going in front up a country road he was rarely under 100mph and upto and probably above 110mph!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 04/10/2012 17:03  

Nice Fish and Chips in Wetwang, went there when I was at the Rock and Bike show

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 04/10/2012 18:11  

Nice? that's an understatement Tel, and they were bleddy HUGE portions too. More like WHALE and chips than fish and chips LOL Julz, I reckon if folk don't speed they've got no need to worry about the cops, no matter what vehicles the cops use.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/10/2012 23:59  

Wetwang? That's a real place?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2012 00:56  

Yes Strangely Sane, it's a small village inbetween Big Wang and Wang chung.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2012 01:03  

i had a dream about wetwang last night! seriously theres no punchline! musta been reading it on here!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 05/10/2012 09:01  

The police have had unmarked bikes for a few years around west mids and thay have a Scaina Tractor unit that's unrestricted

Update Reply
JP @ 05/10/2012 09:33  

gloucestershire plods usually on marked bikes,but saw bmw on m5 heading north recently,white but no markings,r1150/1200?rider blue lid camera on fairing ...ditto dark blue bmw 5 series car,only small blue lenses in rear window....up by kidderminster junctions....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/10/2012 10:51  

Looks like its a widespread thing then peeps!

Hey ho!

@Sandi -

Julz, I reckon if folk don't speed they've got no need to worry about the cops, no matter what vehicles the cops use.
That is very true - however, who can say, hand on heart, that when they see a fabby windy, bendy, twisty road stretching out in front of them, that they never, ever feel tempted to open that throttle and go.........

Were you never tempted Sandi????

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2012 12:11  

When I was taxi driving the daughter of one of my mates was in West Mids Traffic Division,she used to let him know about new unmarked vehicles in area,they did have a "busa" for motorways at one time,downside of no longer taxying---no more info! PB yup,all tempted at sometime or other the only thing you can do is guage your "chances" of plod,tractors or t***s using said stretch of road at same time.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2012 12:52  

Were you never tempted Sandi???? PML hell yes Julz, many times, (straight roads tho, being a coward) sadly I had the slowest 125 in the world, got up to 57MPH once but had to slow down due to risk of brain damage from the vibrations.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/10/2012 14:44  

Oh hell yeah - I remember my 125 being a bit of a bone shaker too..... think it was dead on its wheels when I bought it !!!
Managed to get it to hit 63 mph on a downhill run though!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/10/2012 18:48  

Speeding is dangerous and illegal no matter how "tempted" you are!
how would you feel if your temptation led to someone innocent getting hurt or worse?
Same with catching speeding car drivers

It's not "anti-biking" it's anti selfish stupidity!

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 05/10/2012 19:41  

Had a Blackbird here in Liverpool a few years ago not sure what hey're using now but rumour has it that there may be a 'Busa and a BMW S1000RR too

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 06/10/2012 00:03  

Reading back thought this and the details of the unmarked bikes /cars lets all be honest how many of have been done for speeding by police on bike car or a camera ? So those who are now holding there hand up witch will be a very high percentage if you didn't see the Marked car bike or a day glow camera on a pole 8ft high you will just see another bike car in your mirror. We all see then going the other way but when there behind you you just see but dont notice them. Unfortunatly some of us will fall into there little trap of my bikes faster than his

Update Reply
JP @ 06/10/2012 08:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email