MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What do you remember about the 70's

What do you remember about the 70's (2) - Forums [Biker Match] What do you remember about the 70's (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What do you remember about the 70's

Long denim sheepskin lined jacket, looked like a reject from scooby doo, Picking up my suzuki B120 at most roundabouts and bends, lot better now though. Apprentice wages of a tenner a week before tax and N.I. My lovely long hair. Uriha heep Atomic Rooster Supertramp

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 27/09/2012 21:50  

I was at school until 1978, but i remember the music, but best of all at 16 you could climb on board a sports moped (FS1E, AP50 or SS50) and tear off down the road without traning. Weather that was a good idea or not is open to opion. Luckily I lived in the country and learned to ride before I was 16 in a field. At 17 you could climb onto a 250cc bike. Again I had practice off road before my 17th birthday. Also no speed cameras.

Update Reply
timhall @ 27/09/2012 22:43  

THE 70'S
Meeting and marrying my ex. Mini dress and over knee ,purple suede,platform soled boots for the wedding :>> (loved those boots )

Long hair, tank tops, flowery shirts, platform soles,mini skirts and maxi coats, my first bikini

Bri-nylon sheets (orange of course)..they sparked when you got in and out of bed!! Crimpelene ..yuck!!

Carole King, Simon and Garfunkle, Cat Stevens,

Pac man ??? That computer tennis thing !!

The Good Life

Proper snow in winter!! And the stand-pipes whilst pregnant :<

Enema and a shave... the peri-natal delights of the 70's!! Oooh...and that bloody legs-in-the-air-hoist thingy. (None of this birth plan stuff in those days !!)

My first gorgeous baby ...awwwww

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 27/09/2012 22:48  

I've just remembered something else, cheesecloth tops, I loved mine. So comfy.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/09/2012 23:15  

THAT's what they were called!! couldn't remember name when I put hotpants etc on list.Saw shakey at Opposite Lock in Brum,think it was 1977! That drunk when we came out nearly fell in cut!! April 1977 went to rally in hills near Bala, no "helmet law" then and met a girl(who shall remain nameless),had 3 wonderful days hoonin round Wales at great rate of knots with her wearing my helmet,me WITHOUT! Disco unit/sound to light playing across trees while chillin in evenings with beers listening to Oldfield,Santana etc, Ohh what a misspent wickedly fun time!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2012 07:08  

You jogged my memory too Pete, I saw Shakin Stevens performing at Portsmouth Polytechnic but he wasn't called Shakin Stevens then. I can't remember the name he had then and the odd thing is I can't find any mention of it on the net. It deffo was him tho, he spent most of the gig sat on a piano, cos he'd split his trousers shortly after he came on stage.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/09/2012 07:22  

When we saw him in Brum he was just "Shakey",did the same that night too!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2012 07:24  

Ah, I thought folk just called him Shakey, I didn't know he shortened the name himself. Oo it's so frustrating, I wish I could remember the name he was performing with at the Poly. To be honest I'm amazed I remember the gig, it was so long ago.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/09/2012 07:29  

In the early 70s going to the garage to get fuel for a Field bike with 20p and nearly filling the can

Update Reply
JP @ 28/09/2012 07:34  

That was last week wasn't it, JP? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/09/2012 07:36  

2 star 3 star 4 star 5 star Now we just have unleaded and super rip off

Update Reply
JP @ 28/09/2012 07:39  

first gallon I bought was 3/6 (17p nowadays), got 10 No 6 fags for 1/3 (6p).

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2012 07:50  

used to be able to buy single fags then.....................never see that any more.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 28/09/2012 09:05  

70's....oooer....too many memories for just one page.....cb750/4's...z1 kwaks...dunstall decibel "silencers",commandos...flares(tight)...being indestructible(being proven wrong)...hair down to waist in plait .....multiple girlfriends at once...triumph twins ,mum dying,two stroke takeover in gp's....on and on and on.....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 30/09/2012 10:21  

Seeing Jimi Hendricks at the first Isle of White

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 01/10/2012 19:43  

Decimalisation, Glam Rock, Miner's Strike, Space Hoppers, Mary Whitehouse First package hols to Spain. Oh an endless list lol, too numerous im afraid....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2012 09:54  

Flashing Blade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ZEDNkZ2L4
this is my new life mantra for 2012..... (soz can't work out the technology to actually put the link right in..)

Belle and Sebastian

Champion the Wonder Horse

and the closest we came to reality tv was Steptoe and Son.... aaaah those were the days.

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 02/10/2012 10:23  

See if this works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-ZEDNkZ2L4

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/10/2012 17:35  

Was 'Champion the Wonder Horse' still running in the 70s I remember it as being shown in the late 60's? The net states the programme ran from 1955 to 1956 I wasn't born til 1958 and I remember watching it, so looks like we had repeats in those days too. The Lyrics Champion The Wonder Horse lyricsChampion the wonder horseChampion the wonder horseLike a streak of lightning flashing cross the skyLike the swiftest arrow Whizzin from a bowLike a mighty cannonball he seems to flyYou'll hear about him everywhere you goThe time will come when everyone will know the name of Champion the wonder horseChampion the wonder horseIf you hear a clap of thunderBut there is no sign of rainThen you know it must be ChampionGallopin across the plainIf you feel the wind arisinThen it's like a hurricaneThen you know it must be ChampionGallopin gallopin Gallopin across the plains Champion the wonder horseChampion the wonder horseLike a streak of lightning flashing cross the skyLike the swiftest arrow Whizzin from a bowLike a mighty cannonball he seems to flyYou'll hear about him everywhere you go The time will come when everyone will know the name of Champion the wonder horseChampion the wonder horse

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/10/2012 17:39  

Bath Blues Festival...Led Zep, Pink Floyd and Steppenwolf on one bill!
Losing my mum.
Climbing Mont Blanc and the Matterhorn.
To Rome with Liverpool FC,
Ratty old Brit bikes before they became classics.
Platform soles, sideburns...the full works!

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/10/2012 23:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email