MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What do you remember about the 80's

What do you remember about the 80's (2) - Forums [Biker Match] What do you remember about the 80's (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What do you remember about the 80's

OMG!!!!

American Tan Tights!!!!

Dying here.. please please please not 20 denier ones?!!!!! The really really crepy granny skin kinda ones... omg.. it hurts to laugh so much!!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 26/09/2012 21:20  

Shell suits ops Winkle pickers lol white sports socks all the rage ewww oooo and a superb Pager that clips on your belt

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2012 21:35  

The smell of castrol R :) oh yes !!!!

Update Reply
big zed @ 26/09/2012 21:50  

My oh so cool box jacet Matching tie and scarf Pod shoes and to top it all my mullet with a body perm to give big hair,, blonde streaks at the front. Thinking I was the dogs doo daas looking oh so cool with my gold ID bracelet. looked back at a picture and thought oh my god did I really go out like that Good thread

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 26/09/2012 21:52  

I was already a wife and mother by the mid 70s (stupid bugger) bet my poodle perm was bigger than yours sweeny highlight of my 80s was getting into university with 3 pathetic O-levels, no A-levels and becoming a student age 30...there started the best 3 years of my life.....and a i got a full grant & no fees. Bloody brilliant ooooh and my red Fiesta XR2

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 26/09/2012 22:06  

Getting drunk on pernod n black way too many times........still can't go near the stuff!!

Update Reply
forever red @ 26/09/2012 22:26  

I would imagine your perm was bigger than mine, I never braved the curly perm,, mine just gave hair more volume all very Spandau ballet.
One occasion it was over processed as went to back of salon for a coffee and a ciggie or 2 went a bit frizzy..

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 26/09/2012 22:38  

Great music and great bikes. Started my love of Kawasakis. Z650B, GPZ750 (air cooled), GPZ900R and GPX750.

Update Reply
timhall @ 26/09/2012 22:54  

Elvis dyeing
and all of the above

Update Reply
kaycat @ 26/09/2012 22:59  

Passing my car test & my first wheels - Hillman Hunter GLS with a Holbey engine and twin, twin choke webber carbs....roar, what a great big wolf in sheeps clothing...I needed a cushion to see over the steering wheel. Triumph GT6....burble, burble, burble, 2 litre Ford capri (co-ordinated very nicely with the poodle perm).
No speed cameras on the M6, no traffic on the M6....ooh the fun I had

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 26/09/2012 23:10  

The Eighties?? Mmmmm that's marriage,kids,mortgage,long hours,running the 350b nearly into the ground cos it was cheap n' cheerful to run but still went like s*** off a stick! Still had loads o'fun and perverted the next generation onto "horrible smelly,noisy,dirty motorbikes!!"

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2012 06:45  

A serious drinking problem

Update Reply
JP @ 27/09/2012 07:54  

Kaycat......Elvis died in 1977!!!!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 27/09/2012 08:09  

1982 got wed 1985 gave birth 1988 moved to Gibraltar for 2 and a half years

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/09/2012 12:51  

Starting to visit night clubs Starting to drink White Stilettos (still in the loft) Being a size 8 Billy Ocean Men wearing blazers with the sleeves rolled up and trying to look like Crocket and Tubbs from Miami Vice Really really really bad fake tan Men wearing as much gold as possible so they looked like BA off the ATeam Women trying to look like Dallas and Dynasty wannabees

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 27/09/2012 13:15  

Money for nothing, beer being cheap, Large crowds at the TT, shit summers because of St Helens blowing (volcano that is, not the town) how did we miss the argies sailing up past Ireland to invade thoose islands!!!!! Falklands and where abouts they were on the map! and working to hard to remember

Update Reply
markiexs @ 27/09/2012 15:56  

Leaving school, getting my first job and attending college. Losing something I could never get back .
Passing my driving test having kangaroo-jumped down the road.
Getting married (really young ok!)
Salt and peppered hair.
Being embarrassed that my neighbour was Bobby G from Bucks Fizz
Watching Black Sabbath rehearse
Going abroad for the first time
Thinking Suggs was gorgeous (I'd just moved on from Adam Ant so this WAS an improvement ok!).
Buying my first AC/DC album.

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 27/09/2012 16:34  

well sported kwak .............. u read the thread not just post xx

Update Reply
kaycat @ 28/09/2012 21:30  

Acid parties . Magic mushroom parties , speed parties. Racing to catch the ferry to France , stoned off my cross , 60mph feeling like 60 thousand mph.
Pretty much the same as the 70's but a different wife on the back.
The 90's was like that too, different wife again.

By the nought's I'd realised that I couldn't keep getting married and divorced every decade.

I thought about my past , looking for a clue as to what I could have done differently to save all the heartache.
Like a ''bolt from the blue'' I had an epiphany, It was so obvious , so simple.
"you can't get divorced if you don't get married''
BRILLIANT
Party on dude
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 29/09/2012 18:57  

Britain being a much more free place.
Coppers with a sense of proportion.
No speed cameras.
LSD / grass / booze .
GnR first materializing.
My first big bike - KZ1000H.
Female foreign exchange students staying in our home (cheers mum).
Being dragged to bed by an Italian girl (see above) and repeat with girls from all over Europe.
Not having any worries or responsibilities.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/09/2012 20:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email