MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Insurance cover for bike and car.

Insurance cover for bike and car. - Forums [Biker Match] Insurance cover for bike and car. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Insurance cover for bike and car.

Due to the fact that both my bike and car insurance is due in the next few week's, thought i'd pop the question is there any good dual bike/car insurer's ? Any idea's ??? Regards Brathu

Update Reply
Brathu @ 10/09/2012 21:02  

One of the insurance companies used to do a thing called the six wheeler policy. I can't remember who it was, but a search should come up with something.

Update Reply
timhall @ 10/09/2012 22:32  

Try Carol Nash They do a six wheeler policy

Update Reply
Emzed @ 11/09/2012 00:32  

My bikes are covered by C Nash and I am very pleased with their price, however asked them to quote me for a car and they were the most expensive by far, even the staff member I was talking to couldnt believe the cost, he double checked and it was 110 percent dearer than the most expensive quote I already had.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 11/09/2012 00:40  

I am with Carol Nash too, one car and now 2 bikes, never had a prob with them, even get free breakdown cover which i had to use. Only thing is, they never told DVLA about insurance, so when I needed to tax my car, I discovered acording to DVLA I wasnt insured. And it took them 2 months and 3 phonecalls before I had the paperwork for my key care insurance. With the 6 wheel cover you can have one car and up to 5 bikes

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 23/11/2012 17:14  

+1 for Carol Nash 6-wheel policy, been with CN with classic and modern bikes for years and have had a 6 wheel with them for the last couple.. although this year I might have a shop around as I'm sure I can probably get a better deal on the car alone now that i'm 'old' but yep Brathu as a new customer its worth looking at as they normally offer good deals to new business rather than current customers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/11/2012 18:26  

I'm even older than NeilD3! (probably) and I look around for a deal
every year, even if it's just a 'new business' discount.
Last year I paid £88 fully comp for the bike and was going to renew with
eBike but I had a very close look at the Carol Nash cover for £163 I got free recovery and breakdown cover (AA) free security marking (like SmartWater) thus saving me just over £100 per year. So the insurance part of the deal is costing me £61. I knocked off the bike in May by a dimwit in a V8 Vectra and the bike had around £1400 damage plus I needed a new jacket (and underpants!) I had the bike back fully repaired inside two weeks and my uninsured loss cheque within the month. So pretty damn quick.
The downside is that their six wheel policy as far as I'm concerned is horrendously expensive. Almost three times the premium for my car than Tesco's!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/11/2012 16:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email