MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

First experiences

First experiences - Forums [Biker Match] First experiences - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

First experiences

My 11 year old son has just been on the back of a bike for the first time. Thanks shavedhead52.

After gearing him up and chowing him how to get on I watch them go. I figure they will either be back in a couple of minutes or not. They are gone for about 30ish I hear the bike pull on to the drive meeting them at the door he is either gonna be white as a ghosts or grinning like a Cheshire cat. Take his lid off to see the biggest beaming smile. He loved it.

Not gonna hear the last of this.

What's your first experience on a bike and how old was you.
I was 13.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2012 15:14  

i was 8yrs old when my sisters boyfriend bought me my first little 50cc fizzy it was fab and ive never looked back thanx to paul bonsall he was an amazing guy who taught me to ride bikes

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 09/09/2012 15:17  

I was about 19 on the back of moped, absolutely hated it, borrowed helmet didn't fit and it jumped up everytime we went over a bump. Swore I'd never go on a bike every again.

Fast forward another 19 years, met Dave, and he bought me a helmet, lent me a jacket and took me out on his bike. I was petrified but no way was I letting him know that! A few rides later, I was hooked.

My eldest was 16 and got his first scooter and my youngest was about 9 when he was taken from Filey to Olivers Mount. Two new experiences in one!

Update Reply
Barbara @ 09/09/2012 15:40  

Like most kids first experience was on an old moped on some waste land, then at 17 bought a 120 cc Suzuki £225 brand new.
When insurance ran out couldnt use it on road so while saving up for the premium took it up waste land to mess about on it and wrecked it. Then came cars and boats, then the dreaded mortgage and DIY getting my home sorted and having no spare cash. Then at 40 decided to get back into bikes as always admired and longed for another. Now could never be without one as my bikes have changed my life back to one of freedom and fun, vowing never to return to the dark side without one.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 09/09/2012 16:32  

My dad had bikes when I was a little 'un, so I used to sit up with him on it as he rode it around the yard, and he also took me, mum and big bro out in the side car.

Then, when I was 11, I went to live with an American family for a year or so in Indiana, USA. The eldest lad (there were 9 of them) had a bike - he was around 14 - and he DARED ME to ride it.......could never resist a dare!!!

Loved, loved, loved it, and have been riding ever since!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2012 18:25  

Was about 15 and borrowed my mates 150 lamberetta. Fine in a straight line, chucked it on the first bend. Picked it up, rode it back to him and swore i would never ride another. Still haven't, stuck to proper bikes since then.

Update Reply
xj @ 09/09/2012 20:28  

I was 36 when I had my first ride on a bike! My daughter (12) had her first ride yesterday, thanks to my lovely Andy. She absolutely loved it. I followed in the car, and before I had a chance to get out she was jumping up and down telling me how much she loved it. She can't wait to go again

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 09/09/2012 20:52  

i was 15 and pillion on the back of some tearaways rd250 - he scared the shite outta me and i dumped him but i was hooked completely on the bike!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 09/09/2012 20:57  

I remember going to a Chip shop in my Pyjamas when I was 5 in my Dads Watsonian Adult/Child Sidecar attached to a BSA Goldflash, The first Solo I remember was on my Uncles Race Triumph Trident when I was 13 at a Dragstrip.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 09/09/2012 20:58  

What's your first experience on a bike and how old was you. If memory serves...it was a Norton and I was about 14 and the weather was so cold my lip split.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/09/2012 00:46  

Think i was about 12/13 when i had my first "backy" on a bike, and oh boy that was it ..i was sold forever ! Norton Commando, Triumph Bonnie, and an Ariel Leader came a little later, not forgetting BSA... the list goes on and on...Seventh heaven and still is......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2012 07:20  

And now for the oldies it was a james captain I think I was about 10. But the bigest smile was when I got a Maico 440 rode it liked it 2nd time I got on it I pulled away changed into 2nd and my back hit the field and I was looking at the sky lol. That was 1 very fast bike

Update Reply
JP @ 10/09/2012 07:46  

My first time on a bike , wow i was 17yrs old, was a scooter , my friends , didnt really enjoy it , but then i got to experiance a real bike,
zooming down the motorway, had to go back and pick up my heart! ha , but i was hooked.
oh by the way as a pillion!

But im 41 and my daughter is going to be 17yrs old next month, so for 18yrs.
i have only had the pleasure of seeing the bikes pass me !
looking forward to be the pillion and just experiancing that shear excitment and freedom you get !
if that sounds right xox

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2012 15:02  

First time for me was pilly on Dad's Velocette GTP when I was about 7,sitting on a little foam pad bolted to a frame over rear mudguard(not much different to a pilly on R1 or Blade now!)He worked nights and used to take me to school on bike before he went to bed,great!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2012 16:12  

i was going out with a older man i was 13 he was 18. he took me home i dont even remember what it was all i rember is it was a 250 . his name was pete blay. my mum hated him lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2012 16:30  

My first experience of motorbikes I saw a Norton Commando & thought WOW! I was just a nipper..then my first go was on a motocross bike on my friends farm...Ive never looked back!!

Ive had a lot of firsts recently..my first night camping at my first rally (2nd KISS Rally)...see youre never too old to try new things!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/09/2012 16:39  

first memories,christ,....my dad's 650 triumph outfit chugging over shap fell road,passing all the cars going up the side of the mountains....no contest ,tiger 110...double adult.....busmar?chair i think,all other early stuff field bikes cobbled together from what we could scrounge,villiers 2 strokes mostly and bantams...first road bike(illegal)350 triumph cafe racer built from 3 tea chests of bits ,a birthday gift from my uncles/cousins,all rockers/greasers.i built it more by instinct and dumb luck,but more than a match for local plod on his crappy le velocette.hahahahhaahaha,passed test on cz175,250limit in force.....passed,traded same day for 1970 tiger 100......yeeeeeeeeeeehar.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/09/2012 09:21  

Jinks do you remember the Villers 175? single with the big flywhell on the side. always had the woodrough key shearing off think it was a james framed bike

Update Reply
JP @ 11/09/2012 10:14  

yeah ,two models used that engine ,james captain ,first type i think.....bit hazy also cadet 175 i think, could be wrong .james paint scheme used to be weird at one time /blue with yellow and red/yellow i seem to remember taking the piss a lot.....................xx

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/09/2012 11:57  

James Captain 1st bike I ever rode and 1st bike I ever fell off lol

Update Reply
JP @ 11/09/2012 12:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email