MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Manchester Blood Bikes

Manchester Blood Bikes - Forums [Biker Match] Manchester Blood Bikes - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Manchester Blood Bikes

Caught this today on Radio 4 about a charity organisation called Manchester Blood Bikes its starts around 24.20 in on the bbc i player link http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01mdg9w/You_and_Y...rket_wine/ seemed a worthwhile cause and good to see volunteer bikers get some recognition and airtime for the charity work they do.

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 05/09/2012 23:51  

Yes the guys are doing a damn fine splendid job in and around Manchester

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 06/09/2012 00:48  

Nice one Roo As an inverterate Radio 4 listener I was surprised that I'd missed this But well worth a listen A good "positive" story about bikers for a change

Update Reply
Emzed @ 12/09/2012 03:01  

Some years back (30) in North London, yes London where we're all hobby bikers ;o) I was part of an organisation called the Emergency Voluntary Service [EVS] doing much the same thing, transferring stocks of blood across the capital and sometimes beyond.
We'd do a 12 hour 7pm - 7am shift from the base in, as I recall, a converted potting shed on an allotment that somehow we'd managed to get a phone line installed in.
It was ok in the summer but my god it was awful in the winter.
The team unfortunately folded but I'm wondering if the Manchester Blood Bikes are part of the National Association of Blood Bikes, got me looking for London branch now !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/09/2012 21:52  

hi im a member of serv we are the biggest group of blood runners in the country i been delivering blood for 6 years in sussex we are getting more puplicity since the honda advert but the best reconition you can get is when you turn up and parents are standing there waiting and thank you personaly you then rember why you do it baza

Update Reply
baza 2458 @ 12/09/2012 23:43  

Baza, is there a london specific wing of SERV or is the capital covered by the outlying counties ?

Graham

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/09/2012 12:46  

Yes I also think that this is a great thing that these bikers are doing & "Well Done"

Update Reply
kawasakininja @ 16/10/2012 18:28  

Top chaps

Update Reply
xXx_J9_xXx @ 17/10/2012 13:25  

This sure did bring memories back of the 60s/70s when bikers used to ferry blood all over for us. Brilliant guys too.
Well done lads , keep up the great and needy work...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/10/2012 21:32  

The website for the northwest blood bikes is http://nwbloodbikes.org/

Update Reply
Phil @ 20/10/2012 00:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email