MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Skydiving for Blesma

Skydiving for Blesma - Forums [Biker Match] Skydiving for Blesma - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Skydiving for Blesma

On 11 September 2012, my sister, Imogen, and I are each doing a Tandem Skydive with 'Fall for the Fallen' in aid of BLESMA. 425 people in total will be jumping on the day in order to represent the life of every British soldier killed on operations in Afghanistan. Imogen is a little scared of heights and is being very brave to even contemplate this jump( and she get sick on the rides at Alton towers) and whilst I work on the MERT (Medical Emergency Response Team) I am quite averse to jumping out of an aeroplane!BLESMA (British Limbless Ex Service Men's Association) is the national charity for limbless serving and ex service men and women and their dependants and widows.It is the charity that directly supports all our service men and women who lose limbs, the use of limbs or eyes or the sight of an eye in the service of our country and we are with them all whenever we are needed for the rest of their lives. Our work starts with rehabilitation proving that there is life after amputation. Our work is about amputee helping amputee - the fellowship of shared experience. Our work is about life long welfare support, about campaigning for what they deserve and about being there when old injuries come back to haunt.So please dig deep and donate now and thank you for taking the time to visit our JustGiving page, Elisabeth & Imogen x Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.Elisabeth-India Burns is fundraising for British Limble...n (Blesma)

Update Reply
petitepillion @ 04/09/2012 21:15  

Really good cause,can't understand why you want to jump out of perfectly good aeroplane though???????? (Said same to my daughter when she did it,she called me eejit!!)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2012 08:05  

Sorry the link didn't work anyone that would like to sponsor me this is the correct link thanks x My sister Imogen & I are doing a Tandem Skydive on 11 Sep 12 for as part of the 'Fall for the Fallen Team' in memory of every British Service person who has lost their live in Afghanistan. Please sponsor us by clicking on the link below!

T...See more
www.justgiving.com Elisabeth-India Burns is fundraising for British Limbless Ex-Service Men's Association (Blesma)

Update Reply
petitepillion @ 05/09/2012 22:10  

Always wanted to try it and it's in aid of such a good cause that felt just had to do it, you only live once got to make the most of it

Update Reply
petitepillion @ 05/09/2012 22:11  

Does the new Link work? I have used JustGiving but usually pay by Paypal, the first link doesn't allow it?

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 05/09/2012 22:16  

Should work tried it today...don't know about paypal but if you got to just give and put in Elisabeth and Imogen fallen angels donate on there thank you

Update Reply
petitepillion @ 07/09/2012 22:00  

Still think ya Mad

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 10/09/2012 16:49  

So mad viking planning on single skydive next (must off been pissed to agree to that one lol )

Loved it ..amazing feeling

And big thank you to everyone that sponsored me raised £755 and still going..will put some photos on here after I've removed the totally gormless ones

Update Reply
petitepillion @ 13/09/2012 22:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email