MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

embarasin moments

embarasin moments - Forums [Biker Match] embarasin moments - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

embarasin moments

no 1,startin in gear wiv no clutch!shootin forward an hittin a car an spillinall my oil [stupid harley push fit cap!!]on he ground in front of a huge crowd of bikers!at west bay [were yu there?]no 2,gettin of at a fillin station wiv no stand down again in front of fellow bikers!!!!! whats yours?

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/08/2007 07:40  

Many years ago, i used to ride an old air cooled gpz750. i went to the R&B rally. The front wheel went into a rut in the ground and i ended up pinned underneath the flipping thing! I did it right in front of a load of blokes and they had to pick it up off me

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 07/08/2007 08:26  

Not 'bike' related, but..... Well, being graced with an uncanny gift of putting my foot in it, I was sat at work bitching about the dress code (blokes wear shirt and tie - women wear whatever they want) in particular a certain female who dressed in raggy T-shirts and jeans. Not fair when you have to suffer with a tie on!! Unbeknown to me her husband was sitting right behind me and heard every word. Note to self - put brain in gear before putting gob in motion

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 07/08/2007 08:38  

Trying to take off with disc lock on!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2007 08:50  

You're not alone there chuck, did that once in front of a field full of bikers. Oh, how I laughed lol

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 07/08/2007 09:05  

did that to was there for ages thinkin me gearbox was shot!!!gearbox did grind to pieces with a terrible noise once broke everythin but it wasnt embarssin cos noone was there!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/08/2007 09:36  

gettin on someone elses bike wonderin why the key wont fit then realising your bikes 5 bikes down street

Update Reply
ladyrider @ 07/08/2007 09:47  

If you are a little bit short like me you'll understand this one :) This happened years ago on my old CB750, despite having cut about an inch of foam out of the seat, i was still only on tippytoes when sitting on the bike. I pulled up to park alongside a long line of bikes after a ride out and happened to pull up in a bit of a dip - i of course couldn't touch the ground AT ALL - me and the bike went over - and then so did about a dozen others - like dominoes - OOOOOOOOOOOOps - VERY EMBARASSING

Update Reply
Dulali @ 07/08/2007 09:50  

so yure the one i should send the bill to!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/08/2007 10:01  

"Girls" ever called out the wrong name

Update Reply
dragon @ 07/08/2007 11:12  

Went to town in my dad's car, sister was driving, we parked the car and went off and did our shopping, then got on the BUS to go home We take after our mum, the original BLONDE. She mis-dialed a phone number and when she put the phone down she said.... ..."why do they answer if it's the wrong number?" One of my most embarrassing moments (there have been many lol) has to be when I was a teenager and was sent home from school cos I had taken 'poorly', on the way home I passed out and a man gave me a lift home in his car; when he walked me to the door my mum said "thanks for bringing her home, I expect she's started her monthlies" TMI Mother!!!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/08/2007 12:30  

BMW boxer..rider not wearing boots on a warm day. Pull up at traffic lights, put right foot down. Flapping trouser leg hooks over the top of the carb, foot can't get down in time...WHOOPS! I've never lifted a dropped bike so quickly! The following story is true and over a pint I could name names. Back in the 70s we had a company depatch rider who couldn't belive his luck being paid to ride a big BMW. One winter he gave a colleage a lift home. Imagine the scene...pilion passenger in a lounge suit with ill-fitting emergency crash helmet. It's brass monkey weather and the chap on the back is clinging to every bit of warmth he can possibly find. Eventually they get there and the passenger climbs off and offers thanks through chattering teeth. Suddenly he rolls over backwards on the pavement. So what do you think had happened? (scroll down for the answer) These were the 1970s, remember. In an effort to keep his feet warm, he'd rested them on the exhaust pipes and not the foot pegs. But plastic stacked heels and platform soles can melt in the heat....

Update Reply
Wills @ 07/08/2007 15:47  

in answer to dragon, men can do the same!!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/08/2007 16:09  

sheaaggie work out who i was with!!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/08/2007 16:12  

Mine was a few years ago, I was at a petrol station and my bike wouldnt start, the local hells angels rode in, tried to help me , OH GOD I THOUGHT, still not start, suddenly it hit me.......engine cut off switch was on. Doesnt say much for me, i worked as an instructor for two years.!!!! Actually Tango man it was on the way to West bay......good fish and chips.

Update Reply
milemuncher @ 07/08/2007 17:30  

You were probably with neither Sheila or Maggie which is even more embarassing With regards to the bill - all bike owners were there and only one wing mirror was damaged (how, i don't know!) so you best keep searching Tango Man

Update Reply
Dulali @ 07/08/2007 19:00  

generally the bike falls over cos of me!!!have yu tried liftin a harley so fkn awkward or wat!!!!an heavy!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/08/2007 19:12  

maggie was my exs name guess the rest!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 07/08/2007 19:28  

Shaun???

Update Reply
Dulali @ 08/08/2007 06:36  

Talking about dropping bikes...... While riding round Scotland last Year, we stopped at a brewery north of Inverness for a tour round. Both me and the ex were on a very well loaded Sprint ST. Slowed down in the car park looking for a space and just plain forgot to put my feet down. Never has a Triumph hit the floor so gracefully, however both the ex and I had our right legs trapped under the bike so we were flapping round like fish out of water. Several people ran over, but it took a fair bit of lifting. Luckily the panniers full of clothes took most of the brunt so damage was minimal. Yup.....pride was the most damaged thing there. And that was BEFORE the free dram!!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 08/08/2007 11:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email