MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What did it for you?

What did it for you? - Forums [Biker Match] What did it for you? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What did it for you?

Way back in the seventies when still at school(honest!) I was listening to all the usual stuff like slade, T-rex, Mud. Untill one saturday afternoon when listening to Alan "fluff" Freemans request show he played "Achilles Last stand" from Led zeppelins "Presence" Album. It blew me away. I couldn't believe what i'd been missin. Never looked back since. Waderin if anyone else has had a eureka moment like that?

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 05/08/2007 18:50  

Live rock'n'roll'n'poetry with the Liverpool Scene in O'Connors Tavern...the Who live in Bath...Stomu Yamash'ta and the Red Buddham Theatre at Liverpool Uni...Mahler's Resurrection Symphony at the Liverpool Phil...I've got wide tastes!

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/08/2007 19:15  

Steve Marriott at Dingwalls,think it was 1989 What a great singer

Update Reply
Oggy @ 05/08/2007 20:27  

Posting above started me on on a nostalgia trip...coupla links for those with any interest: http://www.mekons.de/home/liver.htm and i was here too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_Festival

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/08/2007 20:45  

The first time i heard dark side of the moon in proper stereo!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/08/2007 01:39  

the first time i walked into the demont bikers pub in leicester,to be greeted by sweet smell of weed,cider and leather,accompanied by live music from whoever happened to be there and by the friendliest bunch of people i ever met.

Update Reply
witchiest @ 06/08/2007 05:32  

a family friend fetchin me home from school in the 70s n stoppin off at a bikers pub called the grapes in sleaford, my dad went mad but it was too late i was hooked lol

Update Reply
ladyrider @ 06/08/2007 06:29  

Stopping off at Devil's Bridge, Kirkby Lonsdale in 1976 (age 12) and feeling like I'd just discovered who I was. Was there yesterday after a 200 mile run out with my fella, the sun was shining, the place was heaving and it still feels as good going there

Update Reply
witchypoo63 @ 06/08/2007 06:42  

In 1973, at the grand old age of 15, I met my mate Sue, who was heavily into Rock n Roll, and she introduced me to her local pub 'The St Mary's Arms' at Fratton in Portsmouth. I've been hooked on rock n roll ever since. The resident band was Shazam, lead singer Pete Presley. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v-mRcsxxHPg9U

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/08/2007 07:49  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRcsxxHPg9U oops lol try this link

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/08/2007 07:52  

oh that's easy - it was in 1976 - 6 week hols - I was bored sh*tless! noticed in the paper that there was a film on at the local picture house...Led Zeppelin - Song Remains the Same - thinks to myself - hmm I think I've heard of them - I'll go see it - stood in the Q with a load of Hairy people (feeling quite scared!!)...was just agog through it all - & yes I'm sorry - but Stairway to Heaven was my favorite!....came out the flicks & made me mam buy me the double album...never looked back since

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 06/08/2007 16:01  

at 60yrs got hooked on tango i saw notice on a lampost advertisin tango lessons went along an fell inlove wiv it,yu can do it to ac dc!!spend my wknds travelin to tango venues!!on me bike ofcourse!!two passions, wonderful!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 08/08/2007 20:01  

Thought the first live gig (Gillan @ Newcastle City Hall) was awesome until I had my first outing to the Monsters of Rock at Donnington (can't remember the Year). Just the whole atmosphere blew me away. Album-wise...gotta be 2112 by Rush, can't get enough of that album.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 09/08/2007 09:00  

Oh my god B.B u've just taken me back bout 25yrs!!!

Newcastle city hall,Leeds Queens hall,heavy metal barn dance,donnington,reading oooohhhh those were the days,sigh.

Grew up in Yorks by the way.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2007 09:36  

Greetings to you all. If Achilles last stand doesn't make your back bone tingle not much will. Mettalica's Enter Sandman and Nothing Else Matters with a little Il Divo's Isabelle thrown in for good measure (yeh don't laugh) does it for me.

Update Reply
fossil @ 09/08/2007 10:06  

Greetings Fossil and welcome to B.M.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2007 10:14  

Cheers cassie

Update Reply
fossil @ 09/08/2007 10:16  

ahhhhh BB - now ya talking - 2112!!!!...based my English Mock 'O' level around that.....got a B for me efforts aswell... Based the real 'O' level around Hemispheres - but only got a C for that one lmao.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 09/08/2007 13:20  

in 70s i was into Elvis Presley, still am today in a big way, i love all rock & roll, Duane Eddy, Bill Haley Led zepplin just to name a few. never really grown out of it

Update Reply
tagon @ 09/08/2007 13:34  

First live band.........Led Zeppelin 1979 @ Knebworth park i can still smell the blow now! If ya like LZ Get the Joe Bonamassa cd "you and me" does a cover of "tea for one" you won't believe!!

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 09/08/2007 13:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email