MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

hi from Long Startton

hi from Long Startton - Forums [Biker Match] hi from Long Startton - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

hi from Long Startton

figured it was time to introduce myself, I'm Cliff, the wife is Julie we have 5 kids youngest is 13 eldest is 22 I finally took my test last year and now enjoy cruising around on my Honda Nighthawk. I recently built the wife a trike as she is unsafe on a bike lol I use the bike as daily transport mainly to and from the workshop I spend most of my time fixing cars, bikes, trikes and trucks, usually doing the jobs that others don't want to do. we have had a decent selection of American motors for which I have a website www.bigyellowtruck.me.uk where most of them can be seen. I'm more than happy to help anyone that needs something fixed or shifted, so if ya need a hand feel free to ask. I tend to get myself in trouble on these forums by being a tad sarcastic, I mean no harm and just try to see the funny side in things so you've been warned lol I'm a bit of a loner and find it difficult to join in with group activities, feel like an outsider most of the time but always willing to join in and help out if asked (I guess I'm a tad shy) dog lover, non smoker, have my opinions on most things and fully understand that others have their opinions. hate drink drivers and those who think insurance is an option. prefer people to ask me questions or tell me what they think rather than talking about me behind my back, I don't bite. I guess that's about all I can think of at the moment but if there's anyone with any questions about me please ask, and it should read Long Stratton (never could spell lol )

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2012 16:03  

Hi Cliff, welcome to the madhouse Sounds like you'll fit in just fine mate Have a browse around and jump in Opinions are like "ar******s" ,everyones got one Yours will be no better or worse than the rest Loads of events and meets to tempt you Have a look on the events calendar I'm sure you'll find something that gets your attention

Update Reply
Emzed @ 13/08/2012 17:45  

Hi Cliff, welcome to the site mate, decent bunch on here, plenty going on to keep you occupied between fixing jobs

Update Reply
old red @ 13/08/2012 18:29  

cheers guys, I'm sure you'll be thinking "I wish he'd shut up" soon enough lol. the two local shows/rides clash with our car show on bank hol weekend (NASC nats) but we plan on leaving a day early so we can come to the fenman show, hope to see a few there

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2012 22:35  

Hi byt and welcome to the club, hope you enjoy your time here with us. I think we may be twins lol cos it was like you were describing me when you said... I tend to get myself in trouble on these forums by being a tad sarcastic, I mean no harm and just try to see the funny side in things so you've been warned lol I'm a bit of a loner and find it difficult to join in with group activities, feel like an outsider most of the time but always willing to join in and help out if asked (I guess I'm a tad shy) dog lover, non smoker, have my opinions on most things and fully understand that others have their opinions. hate drink drivers and those who think insurance is an option. prefer people to ask me questions or tell me what they think rather than talking about me behind my back, I don't bite.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/08/2012 23:31  

nice to know I'm not the only one then, one of the forums I use is rebel-v8, they call it the forum with no decorum and believe me anything goes, well almost anything, I still managed to upset everyone lol, they didn't get my sick sense of humor and voted me the site c**t, not that it really bothered me. hopefully gonna do a bit of touring in the UK next year and then europe the year after, always assuming I get some much needed experience of longer runs, did a run to huntingdon earlier in the year (anti EU protest) but other than that I've not managed to get outside norfolk/suffolk. wife works odd shift pattern so difficult to find the right run out when she's not working, she tried booking some hoilday but her boss is a bitch and said there was no dates available this summer???? she's looking to change job but it ain't easy finding anything localish.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2012 09:43  

hi i have not long been on bm .but loveing it hope to see you and wife out and about .and big

Update Reply
wantedpillyseat @ 14/08/2012 17:16  

Hiya and welcome to the madhouse :) Best way to meet folk is to get yourself to the BM KISS Rally 31st Aug, soley for members and guests. Any questions then just PROD A MOD, list of site staff is at the bottom of the page BJ x

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/08/2012 19:16  

I'd love to do BM KISS but the wife can't get time off, next year we'll make sure it's booked early as poss. this year has been hard work as by the time I find a show it's too late to get the time off.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/08/2012 20:27  

Hi welcome to BM. if you can pm me some date's Julies not working, i'm sure I can sort something round you guys

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/08/2012 12:30  

sadly her boss does the rota and she's lucky if she gets two weeks notice of her days off. however she's been on lates lately as she hurt her shoulder and apparently lates is the "light duty" shift (think it's the one nobody wants to do) we're hoping to be able to pop over this weekend and meet a few of you guys n gals, might be able to sort something then.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2012 00:11  

Bring your diary Cliff, we should be able to fill in all the free dates in it.

Update Reply
old red @ 17/08/2012 13:07  

hi welcome jump in enjoy

Update Reply
kaycat @ 30/08/2012 12:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email