MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Dent in the Dales

Dent in the Dales (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Dent in the Dales (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Dent in the Dales

Would love to come but I am skint lol ....and it's my birthday on Saturday so it would have been nice..never mind there's always another time!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/09/2012 22:45  

I see we got another possible, hello Hell's Granny, so I'll see you all there.
I heading down after work so should be other there between 7 and 8.
Weather looking a bit naff for Friday so chances are we will be in the pub, suggest the Sun Inn.
I'll try and check here tomorrow before I set off.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 06/09/2012 18:17  

oooerr...must admit I'm getting the collywobbles looking at the weather for tomorrow evening I have to ride via Sedbergh which is pretty high altitude...lovely road when the weather is good but you need your wits about you cos it's very twisty, wild and isolated.....and fog is forecast tomorrow evening Also it was really gloomy & dark at 5pm today....instincts are kicking in and saying nay....tad too much of a challenge for little me on my 125 on my own-y-o

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/09/2012 21:28  

Well bring the car and get the bike saturday after your lesson. We owe you a drink or five after your taxiness in the lakes.

Anyone heard from Roo? He's gone kinda quiet.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 06/09/2012 21:41  

Im here Steve no worries should be up around 5 or 6pm all being well. I'll bring the sun up with me as it's out already down here at Costa Del Leicester see you guys later ride safe

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 07/09/2012 09:23  

Sorry,won't be able to make this one..Have a great time in Dent...there's some great biking roads round there.

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 07/09/2012 17:24  

Hi all, sorry cant make this one now due to family commitments, but hope you all have a great time, i will be thinking of you. Ride safe.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 07/09/2012 17:56  

Sorry folks I'm not going to make this after all Duke is in need of a clutch And C1 has gone off to the insurance assessors Have a great time, I hope the weather holds See you all sometime soon

Update Reply
Emzed @ 07/09/2012 20:12  

Woke up in Dent to glorious sunshine! You'd feel at home here Emzed, we're sharing the camp site with an MZ owners rally!

Update Reply
centurion @ 09/09/2012 10:30  

Hey, home after my gruelling errrrr 17 mile drive. Dent is stunning stunning. Such lovely weather after such a foggy start Usual fab laffs with old & new friends, Salkeld soup and the home made bread lived up to it's reputation, Brough ginger crunch ice cream was out of this world....we really are such a sophistocated bunch aren't we. Cheers for navigation down (and up!) some amazing roads and cheers for the pilly due to poorly little bike, and glad me and a certain irritation are speaking again.....just don't push it eh! The stars last night on the stagger back from the pub....amazing. That's what I call a proper sky Another first for me...riding on my own two wheels carrying all my camping gear. I am really rather chuffed with self.....just a shame I couldn't ride home on it too! Oh well, fingers crossed my bike is fixed soon without too much damage Great to meet Centurian & Hells Granny & Simon. A fab weekend Steve- thanks for pulling it together

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 09/09/2012 14:24  

Cor that was good fun.
What next?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/09/2012 15:15  

I'm gutted to have missed this MZ's too Thanks Centurion For telling me what I missed I just knew the SUN would shine this weekend Well done Minnie Glad you all had such a great time Shame I didn't get to partake of the soup, bread and icecream Looks like I've got some "catching up" to do Roll on next weekend

Update Reply
Emzed @ 09/09/2012 16:50  

Good fun indeed, shame we couldn't make it over in time for the ride out and soup but still a good weekend none the less. Dent's WELL worth a return visit sometime, judging by the event photos there'll be at least one sheep awaiting my return!!!!

Update Reply
centurion @ 09/09/2012 18:43  

Nice one, Steve; really really enjoyed it But I'll give the sloe gin a miss next time........................................ and stick to my usual half a shandy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2012 20:14  

Yes sorry about that XK.

But it was good to see you marching up and down outside the pubs with your "repent ye sinner", and "beware the demon drink" flags.

I think it's fair to say that the inaugural meeting BM Temperance Society was a huge success.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/09/2012 20:24  

But I think we'll have our work cut out getting that drunken hussy Pauline back on the straight and narrow.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2012 20:40  

Pauline says,
"Cheeky bugger, I'm DEFINITELY going to nick your bike now XK!
And Steve, the Sloe Gin was very nice thank you, hic!"

Update Reply
centurion @ 09/09/2012 21:22  

Cracking weekend spot on Steve Really enjoyed it and meeting up with everyone everything was well thought out and organised from the rideout which was brill on some fantastic roads and scenery and legendary soup n ice cream at Brough Castle. Thank you all for your great company and roll on the next one can't wait..... Even enjoyed riding up there in the dark n fog Can highly recommend any event rideout Steve organises in the future.

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 09/09/2012 21:59  

I have a super sized 'slap' available for any who require it to be sent to any person, annoying or otherwise.......just let me know, 'tis a thing of beauty!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/09/2012 22:54  

At the weekend you guys made lots of suggestions of bikes that had a low seat height and that could be lowered further. I got so stuck in the way of thinking that my next bike would be a cruiser...but now I'm starting to think a bit broader. My best 125 riding buddy just bought an er5 and I'm jealous as feck lol Can you recall some of the suggestions? Cos I think I'm ready to do a bit of research Cheers xx

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 11/09/2012 01:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email