MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Hein Gericke UK go into Administration

Hein Gericke UK go into Administration - Forums [Biker Match] Hein Gericke UK go into Administration - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Hein Gericke UK go into Administration

from MCN: Hein Gericke UK has been placed into administration with buyers for the British arm of the German parent company now being sought. The administrators, Moorfields Corporate Recovery are looking to sell the business and have invited interested parties to get in touch by Monday 6th August. Simon Thomas, of Moorfields said “While on-going economic pressures have affected sales in recent years I am confident the business model has a lot of potential with a dedicated customer base and staff who are obviously passionate about working for the company”. The UK motorcycle clothing and accessory retailer trades under a license agreement and is separate from the German based parent company.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 31/07/2012 13:05  

I'm not surprised by this announcement I actually predicted it in Andy's thread about his Garmin I'll be interested to see how many retail outlets survive And how much of their business is transfered "online" Thanks for the info Stella

Update Reply
Emzed @ 31/07/2012 13:12  

Stella, you've beaten me to it!
I've had a feeling all was not quite well for a while...there's been the exchanges on this site about HG backsliding over a faulty Garmin, and they seem to have been discounting like mad over the last few months.
Let's hope someone manages to salvage as much as possible.
Going into administration means that they're still open for business pending a rescue bid, so it's still OK to buy from them in safety.

Update Reply
Wills @ 31/07/2012 13:16  

And Ive just filled in County Court Forms for my Garmin!!

Now what

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 31/07/2012 16:11  

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consum...dation.htm

Update Reply
Wills @ 31/07/2012 16:51  

According to scuttlebut on the PistonHeads forum, they were also a franchise operation. Again, that's something I've suspected for a while, but it would be sad if individual store owner/operators get hammered for decisions taken elsewhere.

Update Reply
Wills @ 31/07/2012 18:20  

Although their behaviour over the Garmin was unacceptable, I for one would miss HG since I've picked up a few bargains at their stores. All the special offers did smack of desperation, though.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 31/07/2012 19:20  

out of every dark cloud there comes a silver lining..

Had just finished sorting evidence and form filling for me County Court summons against HG when I read they in admin......dont panic dont panic!!!! as corp jones would say ..

I took my paperwork and drove to the store at Maidstone where I selected a very nice leather jacket from the displays.
I asked at the desk for my Garmin Refund to be told no its still not sorted out...so I said I would like the jacket FOC in leiu.....staff not impressed!
I asked them to call Head Office customer service manager who was dealing with my refund apparently and said agree or disagree its what I going to do...he promptly told the staff to issue me with a receipt for 1P for the jacket (£440 worth) and out I walked happy to have got something from what looked like being a total loss.

Thankyou Hein Gerrike....a last its sorted! phew

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 31/07/2012 22:15  

Good drills that man!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2012 22:19  

Many thanks to the forum poster!!
I was sooo lucky.....just got a new jacket I hadnt plan to buy!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 01/08/2012 10:00  

Nice one!

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 01/08/2012 18:58  

From their website this evening:

A closing down sale with massive price cuts is being launched in-store, further details will be available via this website in the coming hours.

Doesn't sound too hopeful on the jobs front, but bargain hunters will be out in force!

Update Reply
Wills @ 01/08/2012 21:57  

hmm if I had chanced waiting maybe got jacket and the trousers too!!
but..they might have shut up shop completely...wasnt worth the risk..

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 01/08/2012 23:20  

I've just had to go past the local HG shop, so dropped in for a few minutes. Everything 20% off apart from lids which are only 10% off. Doesn't seem much more than their last sale anyway...when it gets to half price I'll be more interested.

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/08/2012 18:19  

I have just got an e-mail from them. Closing down Everything reduced Everthing must be sold All european stores continue to trade as normal

Update Reply
JP @ 02/08/2012 18:36  

What I still can't get my head around is the fact that they are still trading "as normal" in Europe With the Euro at an all time low (78p) one would expect that the UK would be in a "prime" position to take advantage of the currency difference Perhaps this has something to do with the euphemism "Treasure Island" Where foreign traders saw/see Britain as an easy target for inflated prices Something which I pointed out in another thread, that when credit in the UK was "flowing like tap water" their sales (HG) were holding up But now that personal finances are being "reigned in" by most "ordinary" folk, their prices (HG's) are well beyond the reach of normal pockets without access to credit Would the "average" BMer be able to go into their (HG's) shop and pay the £440 () for a leather* jacket * leather is a "bi-product" of the BEEF industry, itself being one of the largest industries in the "world economy", consequently there is a "glut" of hides Did you ever see so much "leather" furniture on sale

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/08/2012 22:21  

ye tend to agree, leather gear does seem to be overpriced esp when labour costs to stitch it all together are either low or near zero if done by a computerised machine stitcher/cutter.
I for one wouldnt have paid over £400 for a jacket normaly.
Apparently its got a two year gtee against water ingress due to its fancy lining..hmm, just who do i return it to then!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 02/08/2012 23:42  

just been to HG in Brum - got a 2 piece goretex (well, their shelltex)suit for £140....it was their junior range mind, cos I'm such a short arse!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 03/08/2012 12:34  

Thought for a moment you said shell suit

Update Reply
Wills @ 03/08/2012 15:06  

OOh I got some tools!!!!! Every bloke knows you can never have enough tools ;-)

Update Reply
SPESH @ 03/08/2012 17:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email