MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

grumpy old git having a moan, what the f

grumpy old git having a moan, what the f - Forums [Biker Match] grumpy old git having a moan, what the f - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

grumpy old git having a moan, what the f

is this leg waving tosh about? cant no one be bothered to raise a hand anymore? sorry just an old fashioned biker, who remembers life before computers,mobile phones and funny leg waving.....................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2012 23:01  

From conversation in the past, on here, leg waving, if I remember correctly, is done by those who ride sports bikes, cos of the riding position; it's easier than nodding. I've seen riders do it, when the vehicle in front moves over to let them past, as a kind of thumbs up For future ref you may like to use the Random Rant thread? http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=1787

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/07/2012 23:29  

That's partly right Sandi, although from my days with the Guzzi Club I'm led to believe that is's a continental thing, particularly in Germany. Don't know how accurate that info is but something to do with going to fast to take a hand off the bars; lol.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 29/07/2012 02:20  

Its continental europe behaviour- as the rider passes by, a raised left arm would not be seen because they drive on the right - lift their right arm woudl release the throttle and slow down the bike - so leg is easier.

Update Reply
garymontego @ 29/07/2012 20:48  

why would a raised left arm not be seen if riding on the righthand side of the road. its on the best side to be seen?

Update Reply
JP @ 29/07/2012 21:10  

Yes its a European thing, they did it in France when I was there, and I rather like it. At end of day, a nod, a wave, a leg "wave", its all a friendly acknowledgement to other bikers so what's it matter how its done? Its better than being ignored

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 29/07/2012 23:47  

I can't wave, I nod or flash my lights, but If I pass someone on the same lane I stick my leg out . If you wonder why I can't wave then read my profile. Tel.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 30/07/2012 06:38  

well as i aint german or french (- - - - - - - - -) insert as applicable lol and being a grumpy old fashioned kinda guy i'll stick to the age old method of raising my left hand albeit at times with the 2 fingered salute to the many idiots on the road, and or flashing me headlight or nodding and if the modern trendies dont like it erm tough luck ;-D

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2012 12:43  

bin scotland last 12 days or so glasgow, edinburgh isle of sky and various other places north of the border lots n lots n lots of bikes some amazing roads and scenery done 1800 miles and not a waving leg in sight TF lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/08/2012 10:47  

I do wave my leg to cars that have moved over to let me get past when in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place>Europe</st1:place>, it's the left leg as I don't want to let go of the throttle

Update Reply
Roughie @ 17/08/2012 08:59  

But Roughie If you're overtakin them on "their" left Cos they drive on the right Your "left" leg, is further away from them, than your "right"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/08/2012 10:46  

Glad it's not just me emzed, i appreciate Roughie not wamting to let go of throttle etc but erm you dont hold throttle with yer left, or do you? was pretty amazed at all the bikes up in bonny scotland last week and pretty much everyone waved with their left hand, quite a few nodded i did'nt see a waving leg anywheres lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/08/2012 18:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email