MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

BMers in the South - Where are you?

BMers in the South - Where are you? - Forums [Biker Match] BMers in the South - Where are you? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

BMers in the South - Where are you?

I've been to several of the BM events now. All of them in the north or midlands. I've had great fun and made good friends through this site. After doing a member search in the Southampton area, I found it came up with 447 results. Don't you think it's a shame none of us ever meet up? I suppose we could make a start with the usual biking places like Poole Quay, Loomies Cafe and Bury Hill. They're all cliches, but you've got to start somewhere.

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 22/07/2012 08:25  

PB, usually it's about as much use as whistling up a dead donkey's a**e, trying to get those who live in the South to join in, let's hope they respond this time. What's that expression?... 'You only get out what you put in' Come on you lot or do I have to come visit ya and force ya into it?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/07/2012 08:35  

Cheers, Sandi…It's the thought that counts. TBH, I've made a liar of myself by going out for the day on a ride out with LittleFecker and Potnoodles. We should to more of this stuff.

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 22/07/2012 19:23  

hi Pete,
Why don't you contact DaveVM or Bill306, as they're both on the south coast at Bexhill on sea. If you look in the rideout/events section, they've started a new thread for a ride out meeting at Whiteways cafe!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/07/2012 20:02  

Thanks Betty, I've been to Whiteways Cafe on a ride out a little while ago. It would be fine for the weekend, but it's a little bit too far away for me to be able to make it during the week. I work out at Porton Down near Salisbury and don't finish until 5:00 pm. It would have to be in the Hants, Dorset or Wilts area for a weekday evening.

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 23/07/2012 00:06  

sandi: Come on you lot or do I have to come visit ya and force ya into it? we in the south dare you to come down here. lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2012 02:44  

Hi all. Many thanks to PB for the plug about Whiteways Cafe . Pistonbroke72 hi there, perhaps i should have been a bit more specific in my post, i was'nt thinking about an evening meet but more a day meet. i'm trying to encourage members to put some suggestions, feedback regarding dates/times etc and a route for a ride, try and get members involved, i'm not that familiar with that area. thought we could use Whiteways as a start/finish point or both ??. You would be welcome any time Sandi, bring it on, come and try to do your worst . Regards Dave

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 23/07/2012 05:28  

Well I'm north from you, but I must admit that I get the feeling there are more peeps up North than down South of me, or Maybe Northerners are more Sociable on these Forums? Tel.

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 23/07/2012 14:43  

Having the same problems in Kent. Keep trying to arrange things but to no avail. Time to plug the south east camp (in events calendar) on 3, 4, and 5 August - should be a great weekend. Everyone welcome

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 23/07/2012 16:31  

Seems to be the way of things down here. Dave, Whiteways would be a good ride out and it's at the better end of the A272. I had a good day out that day and we rode from Loomies Nr. Petersfield, across the A272, stopping at Whiteways for lunch and then back along the coast, through Brighton.

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 23/07/2012 19:55  

You could be right there Tel it does seem as though there are more members up north who venture onto the forums than down here. Don't think its a shortage of members cos i believe there is nearly 70 pages of profiles across the southern part of the country. Who knows ????????

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 23/07/2012 19:57  

Have just managed to get up to 11 (including me and Andy) for the South East camp!!!

Update Reply
W.M.F. @ 23/07/2012 20:05  

i have only met 2 members from north east,

Update Reply
wantedpillyseat @ 23/07/2012 20:06  

Pistonbroke, time you emigrated north ... you spend more time up here with us lot anyway .... get your passport applied for at watford gap

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 24/07/2012 00:28  

PML @ bill306's comment (is that a Peugeot 306?) lol and PML @ Dave VM's comment. If I could afford it I'd move down Sarf, back to my honorary home town in Hampshire. Thanks for the invite, afraid it's a bit too far for me and I can't afford the petrol for my broomstick. (No transport, no dosh)

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/07/2012 12:06  

i have only met 2 members from north east, Actually wantedpillyseat, you'd been talking to 4 of us after the bike show on Sunday!

Update Reply
centurion @ 24/07/2012 12:35  

You'll have to trade your broomstick in for a more economical model Sandi .

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 24/07/2012 23:26  

sandi.....I looking fwd to when I get me free bus pass...like you not long to go...
wnt need a broomstick then huh

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 25/07/2012 11:54  

sandi.....I looking fwd to when I get me free bus pass...like you not long to go... IF you live long enough! to collect it, you cheeky sprog Ok, I guess you're right, time passes so quickly these days 6 yrs will be up in no time. I wish I could get a bus pass now tho, in 6 yrs time I'll be more knackered than I am now. Do you think there will be such a thing as a bus pass in 6 yrs time? I don't. I knew my son's old skateboard would come in handy one day.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/07/2012 08:20  

Re Pistonbroke72 original question " where are all the BMers from down south" Well where the hell are you all then ? The response to the Whiteways cafe and rideout thread on the Events and rideout page has been to coin a phrase crap, is there no one who would like to meet up for some light hearted social banter and a brew, and get to know some more BM members and have a gentle amble on our bikes through the Sussex countryside ??. Come on you Southern BMers shake a leg. Regards Dis-Heartened of Bexhill

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 27/07/2012 17:55  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email