MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

have your bike got you into trouble?

have your bike got you into trouble? (2) - Forums [Biker Match] have your bike got you into trouble? (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

have your bike got you into trouble?

Ditto PB's comments

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/07/2012 13:19  

totally agree with PB as well

I haven't retaliated either, not even raised my voice, wont stoop to those levels, but will be glad to get myself and my boys away from here

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 13:43  

Definitely report every incident to the police, they might not be able to do anything but each incident will be logged and contribute to the reported area crime figures. At the very least you should receive a visit from a PC or a CSPO. This may put the bullies off or at least think twice!

I think tea, biscuits and a BM Trampoline Tournament!

Now shall we sort a date for the "event"?

Maybe we could all make it a weekly get together until you move ikate?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 14:15  

Personally I think the 'trouble' will follow her if she does anything to annoy the varmints. Is it worth it? Best to walk away, if you can and want to.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 16/07/2012 14:43  

Well Kate hasn't come back on here yet to let us know what she thinks so Kate what do you think?

Personally I agree with PB, better to move away unless you have someone with you 24/7 to be your bodyguard.

Sometimes in life it is better to be happy than 'right'.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 15:07  

This is unbelievable, I'd be setting up some sort of cctv to catch the swines tampering with the bike. Then get the police involved, if they move it you could have them done for attemted theft of a motor vehicle or taking a vehicle without concent. I really count myself lucky I keep my bike garged at my parents house and have to use the neighbours back garden and driveway to access the road.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 15:08  

flippin eck ikate , your surrounded by lunatics, i agree with whats already been said .. i dont think a show of strength would go amiss, count me in if your havin a tea party, single girl on her own bloody typical there behaving like cave people

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 16/07/2012 16:46  

I have been very lucky in the places I have lived, but a friend I used to have back in Milton Keynes had the same problem. his bike was vandlised 4 times. He lived in a culdsack we never did work out witch of the 7 houses around did it, and noone ever said anything. he used to keep his bike CBR out the way under a cover didnt like to start it before 10 infact if we had plans he would bring it round to mine so he didnt wake anyone up on an early start. After the 3rd time a group of us about 20 showed up parked up and had a BBQ then went round nicking on each door asking if anyone had seen anything and handing out a leaflet with the police crime number and phone number asking them to call as we where keeping an eye out for who was doing it. Nothing happened for a couple of months after then it started again and he got fed up and moved.Like every one here I would like to show up and if you ever throw a party please invite me. but alas I dont think it really helps not in the world of selfish rude ppl we now live in. So you can do what he did park you bike at a friends, you can leave it at mine in derby in a month :) or move put it behind you and enjoy haveing a bike with the rest of us lovly ppl :)

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 18/07/2012 22:59  

I agree with PB and emzed,moving is best way out BUT how about an "houseleaving" party for a finishing touch and hopefully their next neighbours are the ULTIMATE pains/pests/rodents!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2012 20:11  

A friend of mine had kn*bhead neighbours and had a housecooling party when he moved out,we ran his gs750 with no silencers outside said neighbours house at 2 am.
Only recommended on the actual moving day....it did the job of
P*ssing of said neighbours nicely!

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 20/07/2012 20:44  

Kate I have every sympathy for you on this one. I agree with most comments here. The whole thing makes me angry as I went through nine years of bad neighbors. I tried everything,police included and it came to physical blows. These people were that thick and ignorant nothing made a blind bit of difference. We were tempted to move but decided to stand our ground. This put a huge strain on my marriage and was the catalyst in the breakdown of my relation ship, even though we stood together it destroyed us. Sorry but with hind sight it is better to move and be happy. I hope it all works out for you

Update Reply
davidneale @ 20/07/2012 21:11  

I'm afraid I don't believe in what goes around comes around - by god I wish it did :). And I'm afraid I can't just walk away and let the 'offending party' off scot free. I agree with the folks who are suggesting a nice social event, except in the week or two prior to leaving (and I'm afraid that's what it will boil down to) there should be a daily 'celebration' of your departure. So BBQs, parties, showing of peoples talents e.g. doughnuts, wheel spins etc, Saturdays/Sundays of everyone fixing their bikes in your yard, finished off with an all day/night party preferably on a Sunday into the Monday morning (or whatever their working hours are). I've 'returned a few favours' in my time. I once put the stereo on really loud, turned the speakers to the neighbours wall, put the track on repeat and went out for the evening till the early hours and the next day, promised to repeat the exercise daily until they played ball. I also introduced the offenders to my brother Another time, leaving a house with the offending people still in it, maggots (with meat) placed in various parts of the house where the temperatures where different so there would be flies constantly, fish pieces in little holes dotted around the house that they couldn't get into, melted lard and sand in the sink pipes, holes drilled in the rubber around the windows, tiles knocked off the roof from the inside, 2 solid days of the bath running a quiet little stream through the kitchen ceiling. Later, cress seeds dropped in through the letterbox with water sprayed in too (in early hours of morning). Ooh, there are a hundred and one ways to punish people who deserve it . I also agree with the CCTV comment earlier - but obviously before you start 'celebrating your departure'. Some people just need to pay from all directions. Wish I was nearer, I'd love to come and party and I bet I could come up with more 'party games' as the days went on . Good luck with it. Turn the tables and have some fun

Update Reply
sharla @ 04/08/2012 17:03  

Oo-er. Sorry about the long post - I just get a bit 'enthusiastic' about 'returning favours' and having other people do the same

Update Reply
sharla @ 04/08/2012 17:05  

Woman scorned by any chance lol Note to self dont Piss sharla off

Update Reply
JP @ 04/08/2012 18:18  

Thank you all for the support
I've been busy sorting my new place out. I'm moving in on Monday. They gave me great fare well party last night. 'Someone' has throw a cigarette to the girl's below bathroom and set up a fire. Thanks god nothing major happened. There was more smoke than fire but well... this time...
My donkey has had a face lift and is ready to frisk. Next Sat I'm picking it up from the garage.
I'm not sure if I remember how to control it he he
See you on the roads folks

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2012 14:35  

ahh I'm glad you found a better place life is to short to put up with this type of thing. hope this means you will be out and about more once you settled will be nice to meet you.

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 05/08/2012 15:31  

I think Ikate's done the right thing in moving.

It's an unfortunate fact of life that the police and the courts are usually pretty useless in these sort of scenarios. For the police to act they're going to want something more substantial than circumstantial evidence or coincidence. They're going to want proof and some eye witnesses that are prepared to turn up in court to give evidence - otherwise it's just another lot of annoying form filling and effort for nothing. And even if they have all those things and they take it to court they know that nothing much will come of it by way of a sentence or fine.

When you examine the actions of the other party much of it boils down to civil disputes that are better directed to the landlord. The rest is just petty vandalism. And despite the assertions of some on here moving a motorcycle is not attempted theft. Even riding away on someone's motorcycle is difficult to prove as theft. Theft involves 'intent' to permanently deprive the owner of their vehicles. This why coppers usually charge people like this with Taking Without the Owners Consent (TWOC-ing if you're of a certain age).

It's infuriating that the local scumbags act like this and cause so much distress to ordinary folk. And I can appreciate the empathy from folk on here whose hackles are raised - mine were too. But to the police it adds up to a whole bundle of nothing. This is further underlined by the sort of sentences and fines the local magistrate will hand out. Unless violence occurs pretty much all Ikate could have expected them to suffer was a fine that either wouldn't be paid or would be paid in such ridiculous installments that it actually costs more to administer the paperwork than is paid in.

And after all that you're still living next to a bunch of ignorant tossers who have felt the full impotence of the law and will just carry on the same as before - perhaps even worse as in their moronic eyes you've no r'spec for THEIR rights and 'grassed' them up.

Sadly the only language these sort of people understand is violence and plenty of it. All this talk about turning up en mass for a 'party' is just sabre rattling piss and wind to this type of people. Only a bloody good kicking registers. And frankly I find it pretty silly for people with their mugshots up on line to be talking about taking the law into their own hands on Ikate's behalf - if it isn't bluster then it's pretty much a signed confession.

Back in the real world ...

Ikate doesn't strike me as being the sort of person that can communicate with these people on their level so moving is the only realistic option. I know that isn't fair or right but in domestic disputes such as these the law only works when the parties are otherwise nice middle class types that respect the law. Society's 'understanding' and lenience has brought us to this sorry state.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2012 17:08  

If you think myself and Meany other members are all piss and wind you are very much mistaken I find your comments towards me and other members very offensive

Update Reply
JP @ 05/08/2012 19:15  

No offence meant and I deliberately didn't single any person out but if you want to accept offence I can't stop you.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2012 20:51  

And Im sure we can still have a pint at the kiss rally

Update Reply
JP @ 05/08/2012 21:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email