MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

have your bike got you into trouble?

have your bike got you into trouble? - Forums [Biker Match] have your bike got you into trouble? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

have your bike got you into trouble?

Hello friends

I've only started my adventure with motorcycles. It's been quite rocky rode so far. I passed my test last year and had been looking for small bike for while. When I finally got a creature that I could easily tame I'm not able to drive it because of my neighbours.
I'm not really sure why they behave as they do. We have a big shared yard and I squeeze my little donkey (honda cbf 250) in a part they wouldn't be able to use for a car anyway. Only twice I managed to start it in the yard as I don't like causing noise.

Soon they set up trampoline for the children (on a brick yard!), lock the big gate and asked my to use the wicket.

Now it's very difficult for me when the engine is not running and even then a bit awkward to manoeuvre. Behind the wicket I would have to use a wide pedestrian path (illegal?) or risk scratching my bike on a stony wall along the 3ft wide path.
So I've been trying to approach them politely and sort the problem. It always ended up in a drama scene suddenly ended by them and a minor damage of my bike couple days later (punctured tire, broken mirror).
I asked them to help me find a garage near by where I would have easier access to the road as I want to start driving and I don't want to wake them up in the morning. They agreed...
2 days later I was charging my battery and although I locked the wheel I forgot to chain the bike to a fence. Over night it magically moved out of the premisses to a pedestrian path and had it dash panel and light broken...
Now I'm moving out and just wonder if all ppl are allergic to bikes like my current neighbours. I'm having my bike repaired this week and will store it at the garage till I find a flat. I guess it will be cheaper than repairing it every weekend.
Have any of you have similar experience or is it really exceptional situation and I shouldn't worry?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 12:52  

for gods sake call the police its illegal and its criminal damage.if you need help i am more than willing to have words.if you share the yard they cannot stop you putting your bike there.you need to speak to the letting agency/landlord an tell them you will involve the police if something isnt done.dont let them bully you.whereabouts in mansfield are you as i lived there for a while

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/07/2012 13:01  

If I am reading this correctly it is a shared yard so you have ever right to use it. If thay have locked it and are blocking your access thay are braking the law. Now the big one if thay moved your motorcycle without your consent it is attempted theft even if thay only moved it a few feet.If thay damaged your motorcycle in moving it that is criminal damage. So move your motorcycle into the yard and start the engine to move it why struggle? there are 100s of BM members that would be more than happy to call round for a chat and a cuppa with you on a Sunday afternoon lol it will show then thay cant push you around. And if thay move your bike again call the police thay will be happy to have a chat with them about 2 attempted thefts and damage to a motorcycle in the area. Oh and welcome to the BM Family hope to see you about soon

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2012 13:11  

here here jp.this is ridiculous,illegal and totally unfair.it makes me so angry what gives them the right to treat another person this way.none whatsover.they need a nice little chat with some nice people i think god im just so angry i could just get zebedee out and ride up there right now

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 15/07/2012 13:43  

Totally with JP and ZZRBabe on this one!
IKate this is despicable behaviour of your neighbours. How dare they touch your bike hon!
Not everyone is like this at all, they are breaking the law and harrassing you into moving, please tell the police or get some of your friends or family around you to support you in this hon. There are some brilliant warm and caring people on this site who will help you out with advice etc, wish I lived nearer I would be there with ZZR too!
xxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 13:50  

Dont think we would even need tp speak to them by just turning up for a cuppa would make them think

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2012 14:58  

Sadly there are some people that you just can't reason with.
Fit a disc lock with an alarm on it, stand your ground and invite a load of motorbike riding friends round for a brew. Do not sink to their level but do robustly stand up for your rights and do let people on here know how it goes.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 15/07/2012 15:02  

Totally agree with all the above. I'm guessing you don't have any proof to hand to the police that it was your neighbours who actually damaged your bike, even though it sounds almost certain. Having a few us around for a 'supportive' visit may be the best move, so whens the party?

Update Reply
centurion @ 15/07/2012 15:16  

Do any of these neighbours have a car? A few bikers leaning on it might get the message across.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 16:30  

ikate,sadly i used to suffer the same sort of crap when in a flat with shared access and parking,many moons ago.when i started getting to get involved with a large mob of eejits,like myself and inviting them round for tea and biccies on a regular basis for a few weeks....hey presto,no more hassle.......no 'accidental' things or cars blocking me in,strange that ,i'm available for weddings and bar mitzvahs too!!tea party deffo good idea!ride safe,jinx

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/07/2012 16:48  

mansfield......mmmmmm not to far out the way for a ride out from mfn....lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 16:54  

not too far from Brum either so long as you buy the cakes

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 16/07/2012 00:33  

its no good contacting the cops. they wont do anything, they just say you need proof, there's nothing they can do. they're all to busy hiding in the hedges with their speed cameras waiting to persecute bikers. you did the right thing moving out. but if i was you before i'd gone that trampoline would have mysteriously got a hole in it and so would a few car tyres.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 00:46  

oh so as human beings with rights we are just meant to give in and run away im sorry but thats a pathetic thing to say your endorsing what theyre doing.and you are wrong about the police they maybe a waste of space at times but this is criminal damage and they have no choice but to investigate.i cannot believe as a free person running away would be your only option.thats what they want her to do and i say no they have no god damn right

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 16/07/2012 05:58  

I'm with YOU on that point Deb There are a few BMers around that area too Why dont we "arrange" a little "tea party" Or a "cheese and wine" evening Or a traditional "bikers BBQ" All in the "shared yard" I'll be up for a visit What about others

Update Reply
Emzed @ 16/07/2012 06:10  

Can sympathise with you ikate I had a similar experience when I lived in Forest Town in Mansfield although the damage was to the property and not my bike (I parked that up in my hallway) Tried contacting the police all I got was a crime no. confronted the asbos a few times and it died down for awhile but if your up against your neighbours and every asbo aged from 5 to 25 in the area it's no fun. Hope your new neighbours are alot better

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 16/07/2012 08:07  

For sure. I fancy a play on the neighbors trampoline for starters

Update Reply
centurion @ 16/07/2012 08:07  

Count me in for a visit, and will gladly, accidently headbutt their car windscreen with my lid on!!!! Baseball game in the shared yard anyone????
Seriously, maybe we should take a trip over, a few burly biker blokes and us ermmm larger loopy ladies!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 16/07/2012 09:05  

I have had similar problems with my neighbours ( both sides ), on and off for years, about the bike, the car, the boys pushbikes , the wheelie bin, beer cans on the grass verge and on and on every tiny little thing.

Only they tend to send the police to my house, as we are blamed for everything that's wrong with the world i think and I am apparantly the worst neighbour you could wish for .

The police really don't do very much I found Previously had the tyres slashed on my car and graffiti on my house, couldn't prove who it was so just had a crime number for the insurance. Having the boys round, just caused repercussion later on anyway for me.

I will be happy to have my house sold and move out Hopefully they will get a much worse neighbour move in .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 11:31  

Having read and agreed with everything said here as it is so understandable , I can only say, through personal experience, that the best thing is to move.
Yes, they are committing illegal and criminal acts, yes, why should you move, yes, they may behave when the BM crew goes round, but......the police expect YOU to produce the evidence, and IF you can, and it GOES to court, and even iIF you win, you STILL have to live next door to them.
Afterwards when you are alone, you are vulnerable.
People like that never change. They remain ignorant, nasty and sly, whereas you, the victim, you do change. You become harrassed, anxious, withdrawn, ill (I developed an ulcer) and you think about nothing but what they will do next, for you are engulfed by them.

But why the hell should you move - you shouldn't. However, I did, and I swapped 5 years of terror for a peaceful, tranquil life ...and it was the best thing I ever did. I never retaliated, so I walked away knowing that even at his worst, he never reduced me to his level...... we are better people than they.

Not everyone behaves badly, I've found myself in an amazing place, with good neighbours..... and so will you.

And remember, what goes around, comes around . Karma is all around us, and one day they may find their selves in a similar or worse situation , and then possibly, just possibly, will realise what a good neighbour they had in you.

Good luck and hugs for you ikate.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 12:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email