MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

breakdown cover

breakdown cover - Forums [Biker Match] breakdown cover - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

breakdown cover

hi all , can anyone recommend a decent breakdown/recovery service ? any advice would be great . regards kev

Update Reply
mickyd @ 14/07/2012 19:49  

I get mine included with my insurance But there are the "usual suspects" AA and RAC plus Green Flag Most bike insurers will "add" breakdown cover at a small fee Usually for less than joining "individually" based on "volume" of clients they get better rates I suggest your insurer as a first ""port of call

Update Reply
Emzed @ 14/07/2012 20:13  

Dont know whats the difference is now, when i was RAC i was covered for me on any bike or car, my mate was with AA and it was his bike that was covered no matter who was on it, things might have changed now.
I have just changed to AA no reason other than its in with my insurance now as emzed mentioned.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 14/07/2012 20:26  

I have fount that the offer from the insurance companies are not as attractive as they first appear...I have used the RAC for a number of yrs now as they cover the person as opposed to the vehicle.. i think the AA might offer the same system...i was present when the aa recovered a motorcycle, very impressed with the service...touch wood never had to call RAC for the bike so unable to comment on response, service etc...i would shop around and see what suits you best. there are dedicated bike recovery service around but never had any dealings...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2012 22:43  

im with the aa. they cover the person. dos'nt matter what your in or whose it is. ive used them for cars and the bike. take about half an hour to get to you. last time was at tan hill on the bike. the rectifier packed up and flattened the battery. (they'd been recalling busa's to fit a new rectifier and i did'nt know about it) anyway they put it on the truck and took me back to blackpool. only thing is now they're getting a bit expensive. ive just had my renewal quote and its £126. im going to check out green flag.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 02:48  

Chack your bank account some give you a basic cover on your acount just road side with a 10 mile recovery

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2012 10:04  

Read the small print and check the level of cover. My mce/Rac cover gave me 10 miles free recovery but it was £ 7.50 a mile after that :-(( I've. Upped the cover to national for £37 I think European would of been an extra £73.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/07/2012 10:23  

Anyone who has had a bike for more than a year will know that it pays to shop around EVERY year when insurance renewal looms. All insurance companies seem to offer a low first time buyer rate then oik the price up year on year. It's literally a juggling act. As has been mentioned already, and I strongly agree with, make sure the policy you're getting covers you for everything you need, ask now not once the policy is sent to you. Check the details as soon as it arrives, any errors not amended could result in a non payment if you need to claim at a later date. Hi Kev I was with Carole Nash for both my 3PF&T and breakdown recovery and never had to wait long to be recovered, which is excellent if you're a female on your own at nite, altho sometimes the person on the other end of the phone didn't always listen closely and I've had to guide the mechanic to where I was, via the *mobile phone, cos they were given the wrong details. *Keep your mobile phone charged and with you on all journeys. I'm assuming that breakdown cover would be cheaper if added to your insurance but, as insurance companies seem to differ greatly, I would advise shopping around, it may be that it's cheaper separately. Also ask if there is a distance limit to the breakdown recovery, it could prove costly if there is. My policy covered me even if I broke down outside my home lol not as funny as you may think, the bike I had did just that a couple of times. Let us know how you get on.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/07/2012 11:19  

I've been with the AA 30 years, I'm now a free gold member and get free homestart etc, They have been used many times over the years, from basic breakdowns to blown engines to retrieving my wrecked bike from a Salvage yard in 2k after an RTA. Always been spot on for me!

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 29/07/2012 16:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email