MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bike rally awards you would like to see...

Bike rally awards you would like to see... - Forums [Biker Match] Bike rally awards you would like to see... - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bike rally awards you would like to see...

There was some debate at the peacock rally about some of the awards so I thought id throw it out for discussion. The cause of the arguments? 1. Furthest travelled female award went to a pillion on a tribe who admitted she had slept most of the way. People seemed to think it should have gone to a rider. 2. The best turnout club award went to a local group who had only travelled a short distance, a smaller group from much further south were a bit put out. I've no real view, but what awards would you like to see? Serious or silly....

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 09/07/2012 20:09  

long distance female should go to the rider not some pillion its rubbish i like getting little trophies its fun but that takes the p**s.i mean you wouldnt give best chop to a trike would you or give best british to a gixer1100.if your going to give em keep it real or dont do it

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 09/07/2012 20:24  

Ditto! Whoever heard of furthest travelled PILLION?! As for 'Best Turn out Club', does that matter what part of the country they travel from or reside in? Surely it goes on head count.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/07/2012 14:02  

i would like to see 'least concious attendee',something i could stand(well just about) a chance of winning! or perhaps 'least quiet snigger at 3a.m. award',as above half a chance.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 10/07/2012 15:39  

We had this problem last year at Kiss. we tryed to do a few things for travel best bike but we gave up due to the constant (thats not fair) from some members. If we can come up with a clear set of things we will implement them this year so be quick with you views on this. p/s Furthest traveled would be calculated on your declared BM membership postcode and must be for rider/driver. would not apply if you traveled by public transport

Update Reply
JP @ 10/07/2012 15:42  

Loudest snorer? Loudest giggler?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/07/2012 18:47  

biggest chopper?.......................maybe not!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 10/07/2012 20:14  

I may have a chance of winning "loudest snorer" apparently.

What about. Furthest travelled learner
Or
First drunk?

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 10/07/2012 21:30  

Nothing wrong with having a seperate award specificaly for the furthest travelled pillion (lets be honest, that requires dedication too) but the 'standard' furthest travelled award should always go to the rider. I do like the idea of a 'loudest snorer' award, and yes, I'm a contender!

Update Reply
centurion @ 12/07/2012 09:12  

Cent, you may get the trophy but just think of the friends you may lose lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/07/2012 10:12  

The Wooden Spoon award, especially for Viking Tel

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/07/2012 10:33  

Cheers, better be a big one for my big mouth then!

Update Reply
Viking Tel @ 12/07/2012 10:56  

tangliest beard with fieldmice,.....no,no reason specially.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 12/07/2012 22:01  

you might just have the edge on that one

Update Reply
centurion @ 12/07/2012 23:34  

after looking at the awards at rock and bike, i would love to see furthest traveled 125...(not strickley learner as you can restrict bigger bikes hp as a learner.) also if you gonna have best ladies at least give it to 1 riding on 2 wheels im sorry it takes no skil to ride a trike. (unless theres a reason to be on it i.e disabled) i think it should be voted for by the public ,give them slips with the catergries on and a box to put them in that way a it wont be mates of mates as winners lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 15:09  

no skil to ride a trike ??? What planet are you on eveshamlad? And no, I dont ride a trike myself, just 2 bikes and nothing else but I would never insult a triker like that, or a combination pilot for that matter whom I'm guessing you would also class as unworthy

Update Reply
centurion @ 15/07/2012 15:43  

aint getting into a argument centruian on this its MY opinion.. there is no skill needed to ride a trike. esp 1's with reverse gear.unless you have a reason to as i said.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 16:22  

Eveshamlad good Idea on the 125cc but I dont think a restricted Lerner can go on the road unless accompanied by a qualified trainer could be wrong but I'm sure we will get one of the many trainers comment soon .

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2012 16:29  

jph. there was 2 i saw at rock and bike inc 1 being a hardtail!!!! and the kid got no acknowedgement for it.... im sorry hes the type you want to encourage as far as i no you cant buy 1 like it so its been built. fare play to the guy i only wish id got a pic of it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 16:48  

Well we are hoping to get a few trophy's for the rally so get your heads thinking folks if you dont ask we cant try and include

Update Reply
JP @ 15/07/2012 16:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email