MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Northumberland and the Borders

Northumberland and the Borders - Forums [Biker Match] Northumberland and the Borders - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Northumberland and the Borders

Anyone fancy a ride in the Northumberland / Borders area?
Possibly a bimble round the back of a Cheviot?
I'm thinking a Saturday ride, nothing complex but with options for coffee and toasties on the way.
Anyone interested or should I go back to sleep?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/07/2012 17:34  

STAY AWAKE THAT MAN!!! You can count me in for starters

Update Reply
centurion @ 08/07/2012 17:56  

There is a ride out to the Borders and camp at St Marys Loch 24-26 Aug

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2012 18:22  

Well that looks like a good start.
It won't next weekend cos SWIMBO and me are off to Cairdow, and there is a camping do in the Lakes at the end of the month.

So Saturday 21st July could be it.

I was thinking Rotherbury, Wooler, Yeltholm, Carter Bar, Otterburn and home. Although that's no guarantee as to where things would actually end up.

Wuss that I am it will be weather dependent because it's a motorbike not a motorboat.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/07/2012 19:09  

Sat 21st works for me, tropical mosoons permitting!

Update Reply
centurion @ 08/07/2012 20:29  

I will be on the scootaboot in Fort William that weekend.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2012 20:59  

Would have loved it but going away in the caravan then

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 08/07/2012 21:28  

I saw this and was ooooooooooh... but I want to ride my bike.. can't on the Sunday as at an event so won't get another opportunity that weekend and gaining confidence in my own riding is gonna stand me in better stead to join in on things like this... So sitting here half excited for knowing that I'll be off somewhere on my bike because it's what I've been desperate for for such a long long time and half gutted because you are wickedly good company!! Have fun though and take lots of pics so I can lean more towars the gutted side than the excited and well.. you know what I mean

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 08/07/2012 22:02  

What we need to do then missus is organise a ride-out more suitable for 125's and newbies sometime.
You think there would be many interested in the area?
If so I'll put me mind to it.

Either that or you could just go for it

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/07/2012 18:25  

Already started this... This is how the rideout you joined started.. to get us all together and check out a North East Base up here... Have a Possie of Folk who will help with the Learner Ride Outs.. about half of whom were on the rideout. It's in the General Chat Forum... I'm moving on Saturday.. so have said when I get sorted that the Learner Pool will be found... Have three already before some tosser came along and tipped my life on it's ass... But Matt is going to help with a database search... so it shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks and we can get the first one sorted... But like they say.. great minds think alike eh... As for your Rideout.. I checked it out on BBR Motorbike Rides.. it is 5* for bends.. I would be in a hedge before you knew it or about 500 miles behind you all lol

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 09/07/2012 19:04  

Might make it to Rothbury and meet you for a cup of tea then let you all on your merry way..

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 09/07/2012 19:07  

Link to Learner Discussion... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...c_id=10336

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 09/07/2012 19:09  

OK I'll check out the learner link...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/07/2012 12:29  

I've tried to add this ride as an event... I may have made a pigs ear of it

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/07/2012 12:30  

Update, this run is now not only dependent on the weather but also me getting the back wheel fitted again Friday night.
And it hasn't made to the event's forum so I obviously got summat wrong.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/07/2012 16:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email