MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

'Humour...or is it?'

'Humour...or is it?' (2) - Forums [Biker Match] 'Humour...or is it?' (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

'Humour...or is it?'

Yes i liked dave allen too.............. one of my faves just now (and no 'F's in it) is the big bang theory. Sheldon is just like my neighbour who lives two doors up. Ha ha Other one i like just now is lee Mack in 'Not going Out' Hilarious.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 05/07/2012 04:57  

lawnmover - you're thinking of Jennifer Saunders (Edina)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/07/2012 10:36  

Bernard Manning`s humour is still with us,Jo Brand has nicked his joke book and subsituted men

would sit and stare in confusion at my older relatives in histerics over Tommy Cooper and never understood why Rush Abbot continued in his style

Dave Allen has made me laugh to the point of seisure and cracked ribs

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/07/2012 16:29  

Tommy Cooper - morecome and wise dont think there was ever a bad word said could be wrong but dont remember my nan ever telling me to go out of the room at christmas

Update Reply
JP @ 05/07/2012 17:53  

tommy cooper,"man walks into a bar,broke his nose,iron bar",what's not to like? fyi very talented magician/illusionist,despite appearances.only funny man who could make me laugh by just looking at the camera,something about that dementedface under a fez.........?hair styled by banshees.clothes by wrong fit.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/07/2012 18:24  

Not like that but like that , ha ha ha ha , egg bag , bag egg ......... where is my fez gone ...........

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 07/07/2012 13:22  

I'm really not into mainstream "comedy"

I like wordy clever stuff. Daniel Kitson is easily my favourite "comedian" not many people have heard of him, probably mostly known for being Spencer in Phoenix Nights but when he does his stand up I'm wetting myself. He also tells fabulous stories that can have you laughing one minute or sobbing your heart out the next.

Billy Bailey & Ross Noble are high on my list. Always used to love Dave Allen too.
Tim Minchin, Mitch Benn, John Shuttleworth & Victoria Wood for clever funny songs

For pure silliness, but still quite clever The Young Ones and Bottom tickle my funny bone

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 07/07/2012 18:34  

Mrs Browns Boys.

Slightly naughty on the language stakes, but makes up for it in ooooohhh so many ways.

Can't beat watching it with me mam and me sisters.

My kids just don't get it though - particularly my 14 year old lad.

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 09/07/2012 16:29  

Absolutely Mrs.Browns Boys !! All of them make me lmho... Big time .... Hysterical imo....x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/07/2012 18:11  

I used to really like Frankie Boyle on Mock the week. Then I went to see him live ... paedophilia, girls growing up imprisoned in cellars and repeatedly raped by their captors....Madeleine McCann..... I didn't expect good taste but that was beyond the pale. I can't find anything to laugh about in his source material, it isn't my idea of comedy and he won't be getting my ticket sale again

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 09/07/2012 22:37  

he's definitley an acquired taste minnie,true.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/07/2012 22:44  

Agree totally Minnie. Nothing funny about any of those topics which he makes light of.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/07/2012 22:50  

Well dome minnie and lulu. You have observed what i did and have moved this thread to the direction i was aiming originally at (although it is nice to hear of who makes people laugh). There are limits in my humble opinion to which i can, in all conscience, allow myself to be humoured/entertained. Paedophilia, rape etc etc darken my soul and make it impossible for me to see it's content as entertaining, as does belittling others in order to make oneself funny. I grew up with a relative that made themselves bigger by making others feel or look smaller and that is no joke, it is a form of abuse and is not humorous. I hope to hear more thoughts from others and would like to take this opportunity to thank all and everyone for their very valued input thus far...Thank you very much indeed... ..icey

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 10/07/2012 20:54  

Icey, what I also find particularly chilling about the use of humour on subjects such as what Boyle makes light of, is the fact that we may become de-sensitized to these horrendous crimes, plus if the comedian is getting enough publicity on TV etc this is demonstrating that 'mainstream society' thinks it is ok to laugh at this stuff....the danger then is that those who are outraged (quite rightly) are thought of as weird for not finding it funny.
Hey I know what you mean about those who belittle others then try to make it seem like a joke....I knew a few people like that in my past, the best way to deal with people like that is just avoid them if you can and do not have them in any part of your life.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/07/2012 01:55  

excuse me ,i need a new pair of glasses ,please.......you certainly do,madam,this is a butcher's shop!..............no smut,no expletives,no worries.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/07/2012 05:27  

What about visual humour? I can look at funny pictures of weird and wonderful things with the thought provoking captions. However when those pics get a little bit beyond bad taste I can see no need for them. I really don't want to see pictures of men's private parts being extorted to make a grotesque mimicry of Santa. ( That mean don't shove your mobile under my nose and say "see this" when you get them, you know who I'm referring to!)
I agree change channels if you don't like what's on.

Update Reply
kookydeedee @ 11/07/2012 10:56  

We shouldn't have to change channels in order to watch something without foul language or X rated acting. I think most of society has grown TOO open minded and anything seems to go these days. What happened to morality and decency, does everything have to be OTT to be enjoyed?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/07/2012 12:12  

Ross noble and jack white are two of my faves but mrs browns boys is definitely sheer genius....

Keep trying to come up with jokes about uti's but think my sense of humour went down the pan along with my ability to convince my bladder that it doesnt need a wee about 2am.... Think its tmi wednesday today coz my hot topic is bladder, kidney and ureter spasms and whether a catheter would be seen as being too dramatic as a short term solution to manage uti's

Answers please to:- happilyignoringbladderthankstococodamolandgoingtopassoutnow@bed.co.uk

Update Reply
mizzi @ 11/07/2012 13:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email