MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Joey Dunlop

Joey Dunlop - Forums [Biker Match] Joey Dunlop - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Joey Dunlop

Surprised no one picked up on this earlier but today is the aniversary of Joeys Passing. 12 years ago today. Still the best!

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/07/2012 17:17  

12 years! dont seem that long

Update Reply
JP @ 02/07/2012 18:19  

nice almost religious debate who`s the best TT rider ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2012 18:20  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eepKg6ZfR_U&feature=...e=youtu.be

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 02/07/2012 18:55  

Yes a truly great man, i had the pleasure of seeing him race in the NW 200 back in 2000 just before he sadly died. I remember going to joey's bar for a drink and looking at race bikes in there. Im the proud owner of a signed limited edition drawing of him and have a replica model of his SP1 also ltd edition. R.I.P (ride in peace) Joey.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 02/07/2012 21:39  

Blimey, if you'd asked me I'd have said about five years ago. RIP.

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/07/2012 22:24  

was indeed 2000.....there was a ride out on the IOM last sunday to raise money for the Joey Dunlop Foundation i understand 1500+ bikes turned up....quite amazing when you think of the size of the place. If you'd like to know more about the work they do http://www.joeydunlopfoundation.com/

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 03/07/2012 08:56  

sounds bad but I knew nothing about the foundation untill today thanks for the link Kwakgirl

Update Reply
JP @ 03/07/2012 10:02  

ur welcome JP..... i think what a lot of people dont know about Joey is he did a lot of charity work...not high profile stuff but frequent runs out to eastern european orphanages with a truck load of food, toys and medicines....usually paying for the trip out of his own pocket and driving the truck himself. his OBE was given for his humanitarian work not his racing achievements.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 03/07/2012 10:50  

Went to nw 200 this year and very devoted to him are the locals, fab statues and grave sites, sad loss, got his stickers ready to put n my bike, looked a fab person/family.

Update Reply
kazninja @ 05/07/2012 20:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email