MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

NEW! T V Documentary, Superbikes, July 4th 2012

NEW! T V Documentary, Superbikes, July 4th 2012 - Forums [Biker Match] NEW! T V Documentary, Superbikes, July 4th 2012 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

NEW! T V Documentary, Superbikes, July 4th 2012

The golden age of superbike racing will be showcased when a new TV documentary, Superbikes! When Britain Ruled the World, gets its first screening on ITV4 on July 4th, 7pm /19:00Hours The programme includes contributions from riders including Carl Fogarty, Frankie Chili and Neil Hodgson. Documentary producer and writer Dan Moore, of Greenlight Television, said: “The 1990s saw World Superbikes become, without doubt, one of the most popular sports in the UK. The British round of the series would regularly see more than 100,000 people pack the Brands Hatch race track to cheer on British racing stars such as four-time champion Carl Fogarty; the biggest crowd attendance of any sporting event in the British Isles. “The Isle of Man also drew the crowds as the circuit champions ventured out to the Island to race neck and neck on the infamous TT circuit. It was a decade of madness and mastery for British racers. “We saw an opportunity to lift the lid on a decade of magical moments, hair raising racing, personality clashes, inflated egos and rivalry that often went a step too far. “Our team has managed to bring together some of the sport’s most controversial and colourful characters, priceless anecdotes, superb archive footage and a very cool Nineties Britpop soundtrack.”

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/06/2012 16:11  

Thank you for this Sandi I will be watching this for sure .. Bet its brilliant... ..x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2012 16:35  

Y W Jen, I hope you enjoy it. I forgot to add, in my first post, it's a WEDNESDAY, so if it's a bike nite remember to record the programme. I mean others, I know it's not a bike nite for you Jen lol I may even watch it myself

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/06/2012 16:47  

Would love it to be a bike night lol.. but hey ho ...i can watch instead eh ...x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2012 21:15  

Thanks for the heads up Sandi. Not sure if the powers that be have changed the TV listings but according to Virgin it's on at 8pm.

Update Reply
gixergal @ 30/06/2012 23:24  

Y W GG Crikey it's not even aired yet and already it's a repeat

Update Reply
Sandi @ 30/06/2012 23:26  

Sandi its not on at 7 its 8.Wondered if you could change time.

Update Reply
MG Bandit @ 01/07/2012 18:48  

Sandi its not on at 7 its 8. Wondered if you could change time. I know I'm called 'Magic' but sadly no MG, I'm not able to change time

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/07/2012 00:50  

Providing nothing else breaks down in my home, I will watch this, oh yea and hoping the TV licensing company don't cut my telly off. I paid some bills yesterday and when I got home I realised the girl in the shop had paid my Home Contents Insurance instead of my TV payment! FGS!! I don't have loadsa dosh so I've asked the insurance company to refund it, they say it could take 4 weeks! If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/07/2012 10:29  

This documentary is on tonite folks, 8pm. It's also repeated on Saturday the 7th July same time 8pm, same channel ITV4.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/07/2012 17:23  

am watching it now lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/07/2012 21:07  

Watched it and it brought back memories.
Thanks for posting

Update Reply
Gloom @ 04/07/2012 21:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email