MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I am the Proudest Mom in the World

I am the Proudest Mom in the World (2) - Forums [Biker Match] I am the Proudest Mom in the World (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I am the Proudest Mom in the World

Jackie I am SOOOOOO proud for you. You have a wonderful Son & it's all down to you & the way that You've brought him up. Gooooooo DR Groebs ***shakes pom poms in the air & does a back flip***

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 29/06/2012 06:49  

How wonderful, congratulations.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2012 07:28  

Stella , did tell him that Spesh wants him to use Dr Potter, but he is not convinced lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/06/2012 10:10  

Jackie said:

My son (who is 25 years old) knew what he wanted to do when he grew up from the age of 7. At the age of 8, his Dad walked out, so we became a single parent family. He worked hard and passed his 11+ entry exam for grammar school. Just before he was due to start my sister passed away unexpectedly, her daughter who is 5 days older than my son, came to live with us. My son gave up his place at grammar school so he could go to the local school with his cousin and support her during this horrible time. 3 years later my Dad passed away, very big influence and part of all our kids lives, My Son and my niece asked if they could go and stay with my Mum for a few weeks so she wasn't alone. He helped his cousin through her GCSEs and tutored others. He stayed on at 6th form to gain the qualification that he needed. He got A*s on all his exams. He was refused a place at all the Medical Schools he applied to. So took himself off to Sussex Uni for 3 years to do Molecular Medicine as a back door into Med School. He passed with flying colours and was accepted at all the Med Schools he applied too. He has given up a social life and all that goes with it to study and guess what ...... today it paid off .....So proud to announce that from today my Son aka Ian aka Groebs is officially a DOCTOR !!!!

Jackie, your son seems a wonderful person, so thoughtful and caring, so no surprise he became a Doctor. You have every right to be proud of him, and of yourself.

Congratulations Ian, your hard work paid off, good luck for the future

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/06/2012 15:51  

Thanks all, i know i am biaised thinking how wonderful he is lol Mums perogative.

Few of you folks have met him, he came to Amsterdam with us and joined us at the Xmas party in 2010, were i hasten to add Sumo and Ned were a bad influence lol

Taking him down to Plymouth tomm so he can house hunt before he starts work at Plymouth General, so for those of you who live that way be warned :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 29/06/2012 16:15  

Brilliant glad to hear it all come good in the end Jackie, and so you should be over the moon he's a credit to you, hope Ian has a long and successful career

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 30/06/2012 16:16  

Dropped him off in Plymouth to house hunt, god help the neighbours lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/07/2012 14:46  

That is fantastic Jackie...With all that he's done i.e place at G school given up for his cous, then both going to stop at your mums after the loss of your dad to help her through it, helping cous through her GCSE's then facing med school rejections & finding another way of proving his worth till they HAD to accept him, jeez if I ever need a doc I want him!!! Good reasons to be proud of him Jackie....And I hope he's as proud of his mum who had to be there to get him through it....

Update Reply
old red @ 02/07/2012 15:05  

Are you sure Red lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/07/2012 15:14  

Just so you know who to avoid, this is what the Doctor looks like now lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/07/2012 15:17  

Fosters in one hand, scalpel in the other.....Just so long as he knows what he's doing with at least one of them, he's the doc!!

Update Reply
old red @ 02/07/2012 15:29  

Tell him to get his hair cut, the scruffy oick!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2012 16:58  

Wow B.J. your boy is *coughs* truly handsome.. Think the heartrate of more than a few Nurses are going to go up...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 02/07/2012 17:04  

In the second pic Ian reminds me of a singer, I can't remember the name of. lol Edit: Ooo I've remembered, James Blunt, only Ian is better looking. http://people.famouswhy.com/james_blunt/

Update Reply
Sandi @ 02/07/2012 17:19  

But then, Rockchicky always had a pendent for toyboys ....esp ones wiv big... eyebrows

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2012 17:19  

What a lovely outcome for you both BJ - you have every right to be proud lassie. Wishing him many years of happiness doing what he always wanted

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 02/07/2012 17:47  

Hey BJ i'll let family know that there's an excellent doc going their way; daughter's partner works in Plymouth x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2012 17:50  

Sandi i'll tell him what you said :) Wee One yep for warned is forearmed. Just have to compose myself for his graduation now, have had to promise not to shout out 'Thats my Boy' when he walks on stage

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 02/07/2012 18:40  

Only just caught up with this one, but congratulations!
I used to be great mates with a broad Brummie medical student when I was at uni, a lad who could drink and generally raise hell to Olympic standard. I gather he's now a terribly senior consultant...one day I intend to confront him about his past

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/07/2012 22:36  

Congratulations Jackie to both of you

Sometimes they just make you feel fit to burst dont they xxxxx

and us single mums are not so bad after all ...good job well done
hes a credit to you and just shows if you put your mind to it and work hard you can achieve our goals

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/07/2012 23:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email