MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I am the Proudest Mom in the World

I am the Proudest Mom in the World - Forums [Biker Match] I am the Proudest Mom in the World - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I am the Proudest Mom in the World

Sorry folks, i had just had to do this :)

My son (who is 25 years old) knew what he wanted to do when he grew up from the age of 7. At the age of 8, his Dad walked out, so we became a single parent family. He worked hard and passed his 11+ entry exam for grammar school. Just before he was due to start my sister passed away unexpectedly, her daughter who is 5 days older than my son, came to live with us. My son gave up his place at grammar school so he could go to the local school with his cousin and support her during this horrible time. 3 years later my Dad passed away, very big influence and part of all our kids lives, My Son and my niece asked if they could go and stay with my Mum for a few weeks so she wasn't alone. He helped his cousin through her GCSEs and tutored others. He stayed on at 6th form to gain the qualification that he needed. He got A*s on all his exams. He was refused a place at all the Medical Schools he applied to. So took himself off to Sussex Uni for 3 years to do Molecular Medicine as a back door into Med School. He passed with flying colours and was accepted at all the Med Schools he applied too. He has given up a social life and all that goes with it to study and guess what ...... today it paid off .....

So proud to announce that from today my Son aka Ian aka Groebs is officially a DOCTOR !!!!

CAN HONESTLY SAY THERE IS NO PROUDER MOM ON THIS PLANET

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/06/2012 15:01  

Woooo Hoooo..... Thats excellent news Jackie....... well done Ian..... xxxxxxxxxxx Who wouldnt be proud eh xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2012 15:06  

YAA PARTY TIME drinks on you then xx Now stop cryin BJ

Update Reply
JP @ 28/06/2012 15:07  

Brought tears to my eyes Jac, so incredibly happy for you both. We all had faith it would be a pass but that doesn't compare to the announcement that he's officially gone and done it. Well done Groebs x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2012 15:08  

well done...great to hear ! bet you have a grin from ear to ear thru all the tears!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/06/2012 15:43  

Cheers folks cant stop grinning and yep have shed a few tears as well :)

V your right, i always had faith but nowt like hearing it officially

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/06/2012 15:46  

Fabulous news BJ....I know you've been waiting for this
Huge congratulations to Ian - his dedication, determination and hard work have paid off at last....what an absolute gem You deserve your pride too and a GREAT BIG PAT ON THE BACK for being a lovely supportive mom!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 28/06/2012 16:00  

Congratulations...Ian sounds like a really great bloke. Nice to hear that his dedication and application have seen him achieve his dream.

A Son to be proud of without doubt !

Update Reply
clarkee @ 28/06/2012 16:12  

Does he do special rates for BMers? ps

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2012 16:43  

Congratulations Groebs and Jackie a proud moment for you both Al

Update Reply
Timeout @ 28/06/2012 17:10  

Brillant news

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 28/06/2012 17:15  

Too right you had to do it BJ ,
it's a magnificent achievement for both yourself and your son, and I'm so very glad for you both.

Warmest hearted congratulations
.x.x.x.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2012 17:18  

Wow! Wow.. wow.. Wow B.J.!! You could write a book.. it is an amazing life story to hear... Hugs and lush to both of you.. and HUGE Congratulations!!!! You are bloody amazing Lady.. as is your Son.. xxx

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 28/06/2012 17:50  

Huge respect and love for you both. Couldn't be happier or prouder if he was one of my own !!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 28/06/2012 17:57  

Yea yea! As Han solo once said along time ago in a galaxy far far away....... Don't get cocky kid! You've done him proud Jackie. A role model for single mums everywhere. But wot am i supposed to do with all this apple crumble? Ah well, more for me.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 28/06/2012 19:55  

BJ,

I'm not sure there's much I can add to what everyone else has said, so I'll just say "DITTO"

You milk it all you want, if we can't be proud of our kids then there's something wrong.

XX XX

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2012 20:32  

Excellent Jackie. You both must be very proud and deserve the achievement. Who said hard work never pays . Now about my back.........

Update Reply
davidneale @ 28/06/2012 22:28  

Well done Jackie, and huge congrats to your son. You should be very proud of him, and some of the kids around where I live should take a leaf out of his book. Bit concerned that Ann thinks he's an amazing lady though; lol.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 28/06/2012 23:34  

Fantastic news BJ and bestest congratulations to Ian, sooooo pleased that hard work and dedication, with mum support, paid off x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2012 00:29  

Well done Jackie's son!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/06/2012 02:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email