MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Get your bike on the Centre Stand

Get your bike on the Centre Stand - Forums [Biker Match] Get your bike on the Centre Stand - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Get your bike on the Centre Stand

Is there a knack to getting a VFR800 on the centre stand, I never had a prob with my CBR. Or am i just a wimp ?

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 27/06/2012 15:41  

I have no idea-tried getting my er5 on the centre stand but cant manage it no matter how much i huff and puff with my lardy 7 stone frame lol

Any tips?? Bearing in mind i have short arms lol

Update Reply
mizzi @ 27/06/2012 15:52  

It's not about "muscle" peeps It's "technique" I'm quite slightly built and only 5' 8" 11 stone and I can get "almost" any bike onto it's centre stand The majority of modern bike have what are called a "tread down" stands If I was there I could show you how Try to "stand" on the extender and let the wieght of the bike roll backwards whilst just "steadying" the bike with 1 hand on the bars and 1 on the grab handle or other convenient holding point DONT try to "LIFT" the bike (you will only hurt yourself) Sorry I can't be of more practical help at the moment I did a few "demonstrations" at the "novice maintenance day" which BM had at Squires a couple of years ago Maybe it's time for another one

Update Reply
Emzed @ 27/06/2012 16:31  

EMZ I'll give that go when i get home then in the privacy of my own garage lol in case i eff it up. Cheers

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 27/06/2012 16:54  

Emzed is right. Not about strength or height its technique.
I'm only 5' 4", bit heavier than Emzed though. Once you get it, it's there for good.
Had a centrestand fiited to my bike and I just put my right foot on the "sticking out bit" and then put all my weight on that foot, while easing the bike backwards. Make sure both feet of the stand are on the ground though
Just like he said

Update Reply
clarkee @ 27/06/2012 16:55  

Two things i would like to add. 1, Do not pull on the bars. 2, Make sure your toes are lower then your heel, so your weight goes down your leg to your toes, if your heel is lower your your weight goes they instead.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 27/06/2012 18:09  

emzed you are correct hun.me im 5"5 and can easily get my zzr1100 on to the mainstand.brute force and ignorance only makes it harder.just relax let the bikes weight do the work

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 27/06/2012 18:40  

its easier to show than explain

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/06/2012 22:19  

no centre stand on tiger or speed four,but g5 guzzi has best design ever,no effort required whatsoever,nyah nyah !!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/06/2012 22:45  

I still cant get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe give me a demo if your at the pilly day ??? Mines the hideously yellow one.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 28/06/2012 09:44  

Hi I re-read all your comments on here again................just been out in me garage SUCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did it 3 times to ake sure. Chuffed now. Thanks

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 17/07/2012 09:20  

Nice one A J

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/07/2012 11:33  

Brilliant news AJ I knew you would "suss" it eventually And I'm even more pleased that you've done it on your own

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/07/2012 11:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email