MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scots borders camping weekend 24-27 Aug -CANCELLED

Scots borders camping weekend 24-27 Aug -CANCELLED (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Scots borders camping weekend 24-27 Aug -CANCELLED (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scots borders camping weekend 24-27 Aug -CANCELLED

Been on the blower to ,,, ''They call me Mr Tibbs'' from the film .. ... .... .. ... ..... answers on a post to this thread.
has said he'll contact me shortly about the weekend.
You'd think a couple a dozen happy people with pockets full of cash would be most welcome in this economic climate . Dusty

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 07/07/2012 20:18  

you would wouldnt you.......what are they frightened of? ....actually dont anyone answer that! a load of marauding geriatrics on bikes........

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 08/07/2012 14:02  

I don't think it's the bikes as much as the geriatrics. His out of town plumbing probably can't handle four days of tena lady and tena for men .
I've been in contact with him twice , tomorrow I'll look for an alternative campsite . It is a lovely road to travel on but I am not going to stop at the tibbie for lunch or even a cuppa .
I deliberatel chose that weekend coz the pub has no planned events for those days . Dusty

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 08/07/2012 20:49  

Thankfully , still no word from the 'Tibbie'. I say thankfully, coz I've just read some reviews for the site. OMG . What a pigsty, 3dirty portapotties and lukewarm makeshift showers in an old horsebox.
I'll email some other sites in the area but I'm not hopeful about camping .
We could still have a rideout to the loch and cafe if any one is interested . Please post your name and put RIDEOUT CAMP or BOTH.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 13/07/2012 17:20  

mmm , just received two mails from the Tibbie . They both welcome us with open arms for the friday to the monday . Both mails , very apologetic for the delay .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 13/07/2012 20:04  

excellent.....obviously sending the boys round worked well! lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 13/07/2012 22:56  

Speaking as a good Catholic , I thought our boys were wonderful.
Debs , based on the reviews on 'ukcampsite.co.uk' would you still be willing to camp here ? There are better (more expensive) sites between Gretna and Moffat.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 13/07/2012 23:16  

Hiya Dusty, Why not take a ride out that way? It's only about an hour for u. Check the pub site out, and if it is a 'pigsty', then look at some others nearby. And as it's only for the weekend, we won't require 5* facilities. NB. a pub within staggering distance is a 'must have'

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/07/2012 09:33  

Oh - I'm feeling excited about this! Will check with work if I can get a good few days off.
Dusty - do you feel brave enough to get it put on events listing?

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 14/07/2012 09:49  

xk , yeah , good plan . Mon or Tues will have to do . Riggy hopefully soon , the borders are very lovely in a gentle sort of way. Rolling green hills , they look like different shades of green velvet. sparse population. Small towns and villages looking very Scottish. Driving past Moffat now , in mi truck . It really is gorgeous .ps I haven't just had a shag or anything , the place is truly beautiful . Lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 14/07/2012 14:20  

Ya wait all day for a bus and then ,,,,,,,,
three sites put out the welcome mat .
Of the three , the Tibbie would probably be more suitable( open fires by the lochside) a minimum of idiot holiday makers. HOWEVER the guy insists that you cannot bring booze (other than that bought in the pub)on to the site . Large btl of coke anyone?
I'll check the sites as soon as poss. and post the results.
Whatever happens , this weekend is now a goer.
Need mi laptop to do a post on the EVENT PAGE

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 14/07/2012 16:39  

@ Dusty....you tryin to say im a wuss and need 5* accomodation? lol i am but if im camping then one site is much the same as another...if im really desperate for all mod cons at some point i'll happily go gate crash a hotel! lol but i think i can manage a weekend without the straighteners! lol the Tibbie sounds great!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 15/07/2012 10:20  

I don't mind 'roughing it' for a coupla days. Even if the loos arent brill. there's always the pub. And unlikely I'll need a shower, as I'll probably end up being chucked in the loch! And wot's the landlord gonna do if he finds us drinking by our tents on the sat night...ask us to leave? OK then, first thing in the morning. Ha ha.! ps we wont be staying fer breakfast either!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 11:12  

Debs ,,, apologies , it's just that I believe womens hygiene standards are way higher than us blokes. I'm gonner check out the tibbie tomoz , as long as it's reasonable we will stay there.
I couldn't forgive my self if any women checked out the facilities and said ''Dustin!!! ARE YOU OFF YOUR FECKIN HEAD"
The bad reviews may just be bitchy or on a bad day
let you tomoz ,,, Dusty

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/07/2012 18:00  

Dusty in the ladies loos...there'll be talk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/07/2012 18:31  

Won' t be a problem XK I'm used to being in the sh*t . I'm expecting everything to be ok
looking forward to a btl of something with a freshly roasted sausage or two in a firepit by the loch.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 15/07/2012 19:30  

OMG , I'm gonner pack up my tent and live at the Tibbie campsite. Very beautiful views .the loch was like a sheet of glass today .
The showers (3) were clean as were the toilets (women 3 blokes 2 )
The meals were pricey, £8.00-£11.00 but Moffat is only 15 miles away .
At the moffat mill a 5 item breakfast is £3.00 8item £5.00 they also do two meals for a tenner off the specials menu .
The tibbie bar seats about 25 peeps , about the right size for a good laugh with close company .
There is an excellent level area , furthest away from the pub, partially separated by trees , a pond and a river that will make an ideal BM camp. ,,, Dusty

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 16/07/2012 20:11  

I'm interested in this.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 20:28  

You camp in the pond if u want Dusty, I'll take the high ground Sounds good, tho

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/07/2012 20:46  

Hi XK,
I'm pleased to see you've reverted to your previous profile pic. You look full of the joys of spring with a smile a mile wide. [give us a kiss] Gonner have a play on the event page now , see if I can persuade a few happy people to join us at the Tibbie. PS. No euphemisms were harmed in the writing of this post.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 17/07/2012 12:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email