MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

4 wheel advice please!!

4 wheel advice please!! - Forums [Biker Match] 4 wheel advice please!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

4 wheel advice please!!

I'm sure there are plenty of 4 wheel experts out there too

Does anyone have experience of the Hyundai i20 ?? Like the look of this and it seems a good buy with decent spec BUT I'm no mechanic and it would be great to hear about this car from the garage/mechanic/parts perspective before \i commit myself.

Hoping to test drive a pre-used 2010 or 11 model this weekend and it would be good to hear from anyone who has been there/done that and either bought or rejected !!

Thanks

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 22/06/2012 23:43  

Good luck with this Alice... nice car too...x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2012 23:47  

My brother bought one from new 2 years ago and hasn't had a problem yet. It's economical, stylish and so far 100% reliable! His dealership was a bit hit and miss at first but have got their act together now.

The warranty is excellent but don't forget to haggle for an extended one, especially as you're after pre-used. Hope that helps.

My brother still misses his van though!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2012 10:38  

Thanks guys :>> been haggling already with the price and love the 5 year warranty that is linked to the car and not just first owner!!!

Anyone else ?? Keen to know availability of parts if this becomes an issue at some point .

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 23/06/2012 10:49  

4 wheel advice? Buy two bikes!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/06/2012 11:23  

just phone up you local dealer and ask for part's dept then ask for the price for water pump or some other part then ask if thay have it in stock if thay say no how long but to be fair I dont think you will have a problem unless it's something like an internal gearbox part and you will have that problem for any car

Update Reply
JP @ 23/06/2012 12:05  

When Excalibur (now back in S Africa) came over here he had me aquire a Hyundai for him and Claire He had been driving them for 10 years at least and said reliability was excellent Also another mate who bought several in New Zealand and 1 over here said they were (along with Toyota) about the most reliable and bulletproof cars/vehicle on the road (had several pickups too) So Alice, obviously the choice is yours, but I would recommend doing the best deal you can with the dealer Remember that "cash is KING" YOU are in the position of having the cash and he has a yard full of cars and very few customers Good luck with your search Alice BARGAIN HARD

Update Reply
Emzed @ 23/06/2012 12:45  

Thanks, everyone :>> Had a little drive in one today and happy to go ahead with this one....so hopefully will be back in me own can again soon !

Now.......apparently I will have a blue tooth !! What the heck do I do with THAT !!!!!??????

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 24/06/2012 22:17  

Maybe its an "anti telegraph pole" device Don't worry Alice It's nowt a good dentist can't sort out for you But seriously I hope you are happy with what you get Most modern cars are pretty reliable, just look at the warranty they put on them 5 even 7 years Unheard of in the motor trade 10 years ago And NEVER on a bike Take care

Update Reply
Emzed @ 24/06/2012 22:30  

thanks emzed

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 25/06/2012 22:12  

Bluetooth is a hands free phone kit normally,on fancy modern cars it also lets iphones and ipods play music through the car hifi

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 25/06/2012 22:14  

Alice get one of the grandkids to sort it for you. I have found most 4 year olds know more about teci stuff than me

Update Reply
JP @ 26/06/2012 12:30  

with you there jp

(thanks Sprint )

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 26/06/2012 13:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email