MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Affordable Training

Affordable Training (6) - Forums [Biker Match] Affordable Training (6) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Affordable Training

I'd like to echo JP's sentiments loner An extremely selfless gesture you are making there mate It's a brilliant example of how BMers like to help each other Come on folks this venture just gets better and better With an offer like the one above Someone must be tempted surely

Update Reply
Emzed @ 27/07/2012 15:00  

hi loner . again id like to thank you for your offer, its very sporting of you . my idea was to wrap up the lesson around 4pm on the sunday (depending on tiredness of students) .. but everything is flexibled .. reguarding the hazzard perseption test i kept failing it the first few times for the exact same reason . you need to wait till the hazzard actually develops into causing you to change your speed or direction . you have to put your mind into the head of a learner and not an advanced rider/driver.

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 27/07/2012 16:34  

Ta lads,just wanna see more bikes on the road(despite the government).One final thing about people going just so there's no cries of favouritism can anyone who wants to go please put their name on forum FIRST and then pm me regarding pick up time and place and remember date is to suit majority,Cutty Sark has been there 50 years,they just spent millions on her,she ain't going nowhere in next few months.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2012 20:40  

i think the only thing missing now is a definate date . so im going to suggest . the 1st week in september .. arrive friday 31st aug evening. train on sat and sunday , go home monday 3rd sept .. ??

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 27/07/2012 22:46  

OOPs sorry forgot KISS is that weekend and I'm going to that one too! My fault! ANY other is fine,KISS & Friskney I,m busy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/07/2012 23:06  

yep i picked up on that in the main chat room tonight . so once again im asking you gals to get your heads together and come up with a mutual date suitable to most ??

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 28/07/2012 01:58  

met my first BMer today . made steady progress through the cbt syllabus . well untill the heavens opened lol .. ive never seen such a small girl throw a cb 600f onto its center stand .. after a bit of coaching offcourse ..

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 29/07/2012 21:03  

just goes to show Buzz that with the right coaching, little girls are capable of big thinigs!!

Update Reply
Annie C @ 29/07/2012 22:47  

I have the last week in september off, if thats any help I can also take people in the car if anyone would like a lift!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2012 20:13  

I'm still up for this, hope others are

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2012 16:08  

Come on folks grab a bargain on training next year it get all that much harder and more expensive. I recon you will save enough for a good deposit on a bike at this price

Update Reply
JP @ 05/08/2012 16:43  

Annette Cookson Thank you sooooo much for all your patience and encouragement, and the extra hours you had to put in to get me ready for today. Massive thank you to Emma too for constantly putting me at ease with my riding and being there with me today, I ... had the best training team I could have asked for. Will now be telling EVERYONE about how great Rochford motorcycle training scheme...eme is!!! You guys just need to set up a a school up north now ;) thanks annie . hope you dont mind me copying and pasting from our fb page

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 05/08/2012 20:46  

Don't mind at all Buzz!!

couldn't have done my CBT today without you guys

For those of you BM'ers still thinking whether the afforadable training week-end with these guys is worth it, the answar is YES, YES, YES!!!!!! Today was my first day EVER on the road and thanks to these guys I got up to fourth gear and 40mph at one point. Don't seem like much, but it's only because of the confidence my team instilled that I felt confident enough to do this. I even carried on riding in a rather horrific downpour of rain!!!

I just wish now I'd have done my cbt sooner, so that I too could take my test with Buzz and the team this year

If I have enough road experience between now and next year I will deffo extend my visit down south and attempt my mod 1 with The Rochford Motorcycle training scheme

Thanks again Buzz,

Annie

Update Reply
Annie C @ 05/08/2012 21:16  

your welcome and thankyou

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 07/08/2012 22:03  

i think this is what annie was talking about http://youtu.be/7dUYgXH3SXo

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 09/08/2012 22:17  

I'd love to join in, but can't make September, so maybe another time in the future.

Got my CBT on 26 August, which is fine, done it before (twice, well 2 and half if you count the time I was trying on a 125 and ended up in the big metal fence around the schoolyard!). The last CBT I tried again on a 125 but struggled so finished on a scooter.

My husband bought me a 125 but I still couldn't manage (it was a marauder so it seemed to be very long, a bit like a baby Harley!), so he sold that and got me a 125 automatic scooter. I tried but I was frightened to just go around the block on my own. Bless him he never complained or moaned, just said it was one of those things, yes he would have loved me to get through my bike test but if I didn't feel confident, that was fine as I could still ride pillion.

Now I am widowed so if I want to be on 2 wheels I have to do it myself.

My son, has some holidays due and he is taking his CBT on 26 August as well so he could well be interested.

When you have some firm dates, let us know and all being well one or both of us could come down. My son and I both drive (and both have cars) so we would be happy to do a car share. We are in South Yorkshire.

Update Reply
Barbara @ 10/08/2012 19:05  

You know what? I'm stupid, we are talking about ladies only training and I say my son would be interested! I'm not even going to claim a senior moment, it was 100% Barbara moment lol.

I suppose I could always put him in a dress!

Update Reply
Barbara @ 10/08/2012 19:47  

LOL Barbara, you fit in so well, and so quickly, I haven't had to knit a virtual 'blonde' wig for a while. A Barnsley lad wearing a dress? Mm rarer than hens teeth I'd say.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/08/2012 21:27  

hello barbara thanks for your post . Are you doing cbt on a geared bike this time ? have you got anyone to spend a bit of time with you before cbt to gain the confidence with clutch/gears .. i dont have a problem with your son being involved , this weekend initially was suggested as "females only" but i dont think that really applies now . You both will be looking for mod 1 training for this weekend if we can get it arranged . with a bit of mod 2 thrown in for good measure . have you started looking at the theory /hazzard perception test yet ? its something that you need to do either b4 cbt or very soon after . buzz

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 10/08/2012 21:54  

Hi Sandi, thanks for the offer of a virtual blonde wig, starting to think I may need one. Guess its my age, well that's the doctor would say anyway.

We aren't natives of Barnsley, which is becoming cosmopolitan - even has a Costa now - we are originally from Leeds. Must admit, yet to see a Barnsley lad in a dress, tends to be shorts in all weathers, not a pretty sight,

Buzz, hi. Will be doing my CBT on a scooter again, need to build up my confidence again, and thinking about gears as well could be a step too far at the moment. This will be the first time I have been on 2 wheels since May last year.

Thanks for saying Gary would be welcome, he's only just 20 so will be keen.

Will be looking at doing Theory test shortly, I did it before in 2009, so have a good idea what to expect.

Update Reply
Barbara @ 11/08/2012 21:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email