MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Ride the lakeland passes late July camping weekend

Ride the lakeland passes late July camping weekend (8) - Forums [Biker Match] Ride the lakeland passes late July camping weekend (8) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Ride the lakeland passes late July camping weekend

Did someone mention the Crimmymeister Oh yes , i'll be there Got my voddy Nodz and ready to party hic Looking forward to meeting up with the rest of you guys too .. see ye Friday

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/07/2012 07:34  

As JustJerry said there's the Wainrights pub in walking distance and think theres another nearby. Hope you guys are ok for saturday morning and tackling them passes going to be challenging folks.... See you friday Just so your all aware of facilities at campsite and the reg's here's the link to their website http://baysbrownfarmcampsite.co.uk/

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 25/07/2012 13:38  

As JustJerry said there's the Wainrights pub in walking distance and think theres another nearby. Hope you guys are ok for saturday morning and tackling them passes going to be challenging folks.... See you friday Just so your all aware of facilities at campsite and the reg's here's the link to their website http://baysbrownfarmcampsite.co.uk/

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 25/07/2012 13:40  

not gonna make this now unfortunately as i have to run down to the midlands to look at a bike.....another time guys...have fun!!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 25/07/2012 13:41  

The site rules look ok to me Rooster.
At my age by the time I walk back after a refreshing drink, I'll be ready for me sleep.
The passes will be there all day, as are a bunch of other fun roads I want to go play with.
The secret will be avoiding the tourists.
To that end I suggest we bring some cones and "road closed" signs....

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/07/2012 18:41  

The secret will be avoiding the tourists Hmmph this is the Lakes in July Steve...major pedestrian lurching out into road hazard in Ambleside & Keswick Did the road approaching the Honister pass yesterday and it was quiet enough with not too many cars around although the honeypot towns are chocca The weather has been atrocious the last week although it remained dry today. The forecast for the weekend is looking a lot better than earlier this week....we totally missed out on the sunny heatwave enjoyed everywhere else in the UK The best weather will be on your ride over on Friday. there's scattered showers & bits of sun fore cast for saturday....but it is the Lakes so that's about what you can expect....and the fells and mountains look just as magnificent (well, just so long as you can see em )

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 25/07/2012 23:12  

longs I got some jd and good company sure rest will fit in somewhere lol

Update Reply
madscots @ 25/07/2012 23:32  

Well put madscots . Sorry you can't make it Kwakgirl hope you get that new bike sorted and thanks for letting me know. Welcome aboard Dean-o

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 26/07/2012 00:21  

I'm thinking of "killing two birds with one stone" Riding overnight Friday to meet you lot for breakfast Whilst checking out the route for a "night ride" It's only about 130 miles from me so about 100 from Squires So don't be surprised if there's a blue Ducati sitting there That wasn't there when you went to bed But I don't think I'll be attempting the passes With the clutch and carb in their present state

Update Reply
Emzed @ 26/07/2012 18:51  

It'll be good to see you there emzed.

Anyway me bikes packed and I'll be going straight from work so should be over there about 7:00. In plenty of time to get the tent up and get to know yer all before we head to the pub.

Look out for a red TDM.

Anyone planned any routes yet for the Saturday ride?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/07/2012 19:23  

What's the itinery...am thinking of maybe coming up Saturday morning..

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 26/07/2012 19:26  

Wake up, sober up and go for a ride
I expect that wrynose and hardknott will feature although after that I don't know what's planned.
A run up to Hartside is always good for a laugh if people want something spectacular.
It's Rooster's gig, I'm sure he'll be online later with suggestions.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 26/07/2012 19:34  

Hi folks, the plans for saturday are to ride the Hardknott and Wrynose passes which means we will end up on the coast road, from there we can either head north and then cut across to Keswick for a stop, and from there we have the option of going onto the Hartside pass and cafe. Alternatively we can head south on the coast road and cut across to Windermere for those who don't want to do to much riding. If anyone doesn't wish to take on too many miles and those 1in 3's on the passes we can meet up at Keswick or Windermere. We're lucky to have Minnie with us who lives locally who no doubt may have other suggestions if needed. Set off by 10am if possible depending how everyone feels at the end of the day we can discuss this further when we meet friday. May I take this oportunity to thank you all for joining us look forward to meeting friends old and new ride safe and see you friday or saturday for those turning up later. I plan to be at the campsite around 3 to 4pm. p.s Will log on to BM in the morning before I set off if you have any queries.

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 26/07/2012 23:27  

How about this for an idea? After getting to the west coast head north up the A591 then turn back east inland to Loweswater, Crummock water & Buttermere and then back towards Keswick via the Honister pass. Or alternatively head to Loweswater then back to keswick via the Whinlatter Pass. From Keswick you can take the A66 to Penrith if you fancy Hartside as well

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 27/07/2012 00:20  

Yep good idea Minnie thank you, I knew you'd come up with something we can put this to the group tomorrow

Update Reply
Rooster roo @ 27/07/2012 00:24  

And on the way to hartside how about the old mill at little salkeld for serious soup and artisan breads. I won't get you (too) lost I promise.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/07/2012 06:44  

have a good weekend you guys ride safe and see you all soon i hope

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 27/07/2012 07:49  

Just setting off

Update Reply
madscots @ 27/07/2012 08:11  

Me too, see you all up there

Update Reply
justjerry @ 27/07/2012 08:12  

Finally, AT LAST! The cloud has lifted and Cumbria has sunshine! Whoop de whoop! Enjoy the ride over. I'm off to work But see you later

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 27/07/2012 08:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email