MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Heiine Gerrike

Heiine Gerrike  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Heiine Gerrike  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Heiine Gerrike

Good luck with this one Andy I think you will have no trouble proving the validity of your claim Keep us informed please, as it may help or encourage others to "make a stand"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/07/2012 10:47  

One-year guarantee (I presume). Unit packed up after seven months. That's all the evidence you need.

Update Reply
Wills @ 17/07/2012 19:33  

"Merchantable Quality" was the term in the old "Sale of Goods" Act I'm not sure if the "terminology" has been changed but the protection under the LAW is still the same, only now it is better as, (as far as I am aware) the new "Act" leaves no room for doubt It makes it clear that it is the "Retailers" responsibility to honour the contract which you made "at the point of sale" They are NOT ALLOWED to refer you to any manufacturers warranty (implied or otherwise) Your "contract" rests "solely" with the retailer

Update Reply
Emzed @ 17/07/2012 19:45  

If all else fails I have a spare baseball bat!

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 18/07/2012 10:47  

just to keep u guys informed....still NO reply to my e mail to Head Office and the shop in Maidstone...
good huh!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 18/07/2012 12:37  

I was in the Stoke on Trent shop this week .BIG sale on but no sat navs like you say , Assistant was vague about the price and availability of Givi luggage and they,ve also stopped stocking Arai helmets .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2012 19:07  

They'll never survive in this current economic climate as I said before They were doing OK while "credit" was flowing like "tap water" But the majority of bikers are far too "canny" these days We are all "cash strapped" And shopping where the "real" bargains are I still think the full wieght of the law should be brought down on them If it only makes them settle quickly to avoid "negative " publicity Have you informed them Andy, that you are part of a huge "NATIONAL online network" of bikers who are "aware" of their tardiness ? It might just sharpen up their response Plus, now might be the time to send an email to Garmin, informing them of your disappointment with one of their retailers I know it's not really their problem (Garmin's) but I'm sure they will be interested to hear about your trouble with HG Just my 2 pennorth as usual I'm sure you are onto it in your own way Best of luck mate, I hope it's sorted soon

Update Reply
Emzed @ 19/07/2012 19:27  

Thanks |Emz..heard no more today and just too busy to sort the next step....ie Trading Stds/County Court.
BUT it will be sending a polite reminder by e mail today....agaiin.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 23/07/2012 14:18  

Your consumer rights – products must be: of satisfactory quality - last for the time you would expect it to and be free of any defects fit for purpose – fit for the use described and any specific use you made clear to the trader as described – match the description on packaging or what the trader told you. Not having any luck with sorting out problems? Then call 08454 04 05 06. Info off TS website Andy, you have to go through the CAB now

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 23/07/2012 18:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email