MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

I hope you're dancing

I hope you're dancing - Forums [Biker Match] I hope you're dancing - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

I hope you're dancing

‘I hope you’re dancing!’<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> This was written by an 83-year-old woman to her friend. I’m reading more and dusting less. I'm sitting in the garden dmiring the view without fussing about the weeds. I'm spending more time with my family and friends and less time working.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> Whenever possible, life should be a pattern of experiences to savour, not to endure. I'm trying to recognise these moments now and cherish them.<o:p></o:p> I'm not "saving" anything; I use my good china and crystal for every special event such as losing a pound (weight), getting the sink unblocked, or the first spring blossom.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> I'm not saving my good perfume for special parties, but wearing it for visits to the store and tellers at the bank.<o:p></o:p> "Someday" and "one of these days" are losing their grip on my vocabulary. If it's worth seeing or hearing or doing, I want to see and hear and do it now<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> I'm not sure what others would have done had they known they wouldn't be here for the tomorrow that we all take for granted. I think they would have called family members and a few close friends. They might have called a few former friends to apologise and mend fences for past squabbles. <o:p></o:p> It's those little things left undone that would make me angry if I knew my hours were limited. Angry because I hadn't written certain letters that I intended to write one of these days. Angry and sorry that I didn't tell my husband and parents often enough how much I truly love them. I'm trying very hard not to put off, hold back, or save anything that would add laughter and lustre to my life. And every morning when I open my eyes, I tell myself that it is special. <o:p></o:p> Take a few minutes to tell those you care about that you're thinking of them.<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p></o:p>Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance<o:p></o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p> <o:p> </o:p>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/07/2007 06:23  

Thats nice Kwak, but in my opinion it is sad that an elderly person has wrote this. Life is the party that you make it. And whether you are a teenager, 30 something, 50 something, as long as you are old enough to understand the concept, You should live every day as if its your last, but it well could be. Wake up every morning and be gratefull for the things you have, without stressing over things you lack.

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 25/07/2007 07:20  

Hear hear lcotgrave.

Update Reply
Di @ 25/07/2007 07:23  

That is so nice Kwak ... I used to buy new clothes and save them for best, I ended up with a wardrobe full of clothes with labels still on that had shrunk! NOT ANY MORE

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 26/07/2007 14:57  

anyone for a tango???

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 08/08/2007 18:54  

I'd rather have a Newcastle Brown if you're getting the drinks in Tangoman

Update Reply
Oggy @ 08/08/2007 19:52  

peeps still drink that stuff!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 08/08/2007 20:11  

I've always fancied learning to dance the Salsa or Lindy Hop

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/08/2007 20:51  

Cant beat a cold bottle of Newcy on a hot day Tangoman,puts hairs on your chest!!!

Showing my ignorance again kwak but whats the lindy hop?,think i mebe do it on a sat nite,hehe.

Agree with what ur sayin lcotgrave but rather than being saddened that she was old before she realised should you not be happy that she got there in the end?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2007 00:42  

Aye, a bottle of 'Dog' is always hard to beat. So how many hairs on yor chest Cassie .....sorry lol

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 09/08/2007 06:55  

fraid us southern softies like things wiv poofy names like san miguel, beccksvier,an jd with canadian club not bloody coke!! not very patriotic am i! although sometimes have the odd directors bitter!an i have a hairy chest!!must be the directors!no hair on top though, bugger!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 09/08/2007 07:07  

traditional tango is a walkin dance,ballroom tango is more showy,havent tried salsa,my mate goes has to take a change of clothes as he gets soaked in sweat! spech in summer!! love the tango music very relaxing!!although yu can do it to some modern music,

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 09/08/2007 07:15  

Sorry B.B think ur getting confused,us ladies dont have chests(well most of us dont)hehe.We av boobs lol

U must ave led a very sheltered life!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/08/2007 09:08  

yep -it's a beautiful sentiment & something we should ALL head to if we don't already....Tangoman - I would love to learn the Tango,especially the Argentinian Tango, I think that is just sooooooOOO sexy..

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 09/08/2007 16:07  

jd with sprite makes a refreshing change too

Update Reply
witchiest @ 09/08/2007 16:14  

Always fancied learning the Salsa though, that's one heck of a dance.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 09/08/2007 16:15  

Cassie, The Lindy Hop (or Lindy) is a partner dance that originated in 1920's and 30's Harlem, New York. The Dance itself consists of both 8 and 6 count steps and it includes footwork borrowed from the Charleston and Tap. The Lindy Hop is considered a cultural phenomenon that broke through the race barrier when segregation was still the norm. Modern dancers, interested in cultural history are piecing together the roots of Lindy through the tales and film footage of the original dancers, now in their 70s and 80s. Although the lineage and history of Lindy may be muddled, it is certain that it was born from the blending of African rhythms and movements with European structured dance.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/08/2007 00:20  

Wow,ur knowledge is mighty impressive Kwak!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/08/2007 04:26  

And I bet that wasn't cut and pasted from a site after doing a google search as well lol Kwak, I am impressed.

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 10/08/2007 04:46  

holfirth girl i dance trad argentine tango and as yu say its lovely, great music, yu dance with all ages an yu forget age an enjoy dancing there are men even older than me!!!an they dance with younger girls with skill an grace an everyones happy!!unlike if i go to a noisy crowded club pushin past the binge drinkers !!![i agree i am to old to club!an do not go anymore!!]yu step back in time everyone is polite an friendly its great!!an it keeps me of the drink!!an the venues are nice to i am going to the gresham hotell in bournemouth sun night very posh!!makes yu feel good!!!one of my fav dancers is 75!!shes lovely!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 10/08/2007 06:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email