MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

ride to the south of spain zig zag route

ride to the south of spain zig zag route (2) - Forums [Biker Match] ride to the south of spain zig zag route (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

ride to the south of spain zig zag route

oh yes! litres & litres of water - even warm water is better than nowt!...if you're able, get a big bottle of water & see if you can freeze it overnight, then stick it in a cool bag when you set off in the am. By the time you first stop it'll have defrosted a bit but be nice & cold & it'll keep relatively cold for a fair while

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 06/06/2012 17:50  

yes i agree lots a of water will be needed depends on the time of year I was thinking late on in the year say about late september, october and its a quieter time then as well, maybe just out of season and a gentle warmth ready for the long winter in this country when we get back if anyone else decided to come lol :)

Update Reply
earthwind @ 15/06/2012 15:25  

Mid to late September is perfect, warm but not too hot.
Be warned though, early October the temp can drop radically in the north.
On my way back to Santander, it was 32 deg when I started, 25 deg just south of Madrid, by the time I got to Burgos, it was less than 9 deg and I was bl**dy freezing !! Doesn't sound cold, but after a couple of weeks of 30 plus you definitely notice it.

Update Reply
daveg208 @ 15/06/2012 17:22  

yes i agree i have done grape picking in the south of france and moved into spain as the weather got cooler lol all this stuff is good to keep in mind

Update Reply
earthwind @ 15/06/2012 17:42  

a quick bump

Update Reply
earthwind @ 21/07/2012 13:23  

If you really fancy going down through France EW, me and my daughter did Kendal to the Ardeche valley 2 years ago by car and it took 2 quite long days but it was fine. We got the sat nav to plot a route over the other side of the channel that avoided motorways & did it all on routes nationale. French N roads are fab these days-well maintained, easy to overtake and quiet, plus you get to go through the villages You could even go via the Millau Bridge, head to the Pyrennes / Spanish border and then only one more day to get to Barcelona

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 21/07/2012 23:08  

that sounds brilliant minnie, and yes i do want to do this now i have been abroad on me bike (took me long enough) am happy to do it again (and on me own if need be) but nice if i can get this organised and see who is up for it doesn't have to be a race

such a long time since i did the route and its good to get an idead from someone like yourself who has done it recently

As with all the other peeps who seem to have been more active thyan me

I think my next thing to do is pick a route, plan it out (predicted times\) and then date and see who wants to go

I agree about the n roads as well that's the sort of route i want to take really.

so 2 weeks could cover a lot of ground (or ten days) been so busy lately with work had left it hanging

u out anywhere tomorrow

Update Reply
earthwind @ 21/07/2012 23:18  

google maps is really useful for telling you the distance between places
Yup, out on my bike tomoz....Doing my CBT again cos the current one runs out next week! Don't know where the last 2 years have flown to

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 21/07/2012 23:24  

well just keep going :)
you will get there and if you get it done before next year maybe you can join me in france lol

Update Reply
earthwind @ 21/07/2012 23:36  

In March I rode Inverness to Torrevieja (south of Alicante) in 3 days :) End of march was good weather and temp, June July Aug sept too hot. I live there now..
Why Get ferry to Santander just get tunnel.. I thought the Idea was to ride the bike.. not put it on a ferry!!!!
Rode to Monaco, stayed 2 days and rode back in one go, planning to go east of europe in oct, alicante to london anyone coming?

Update Reply
late_voyager @ 24/07/2012 01:27  

funny i was thinking about the tunnel but don't it go on a trailer on there anyway all fun:) yes i was thinking octoberish as still warm but not too hot you in worthing so u a bit closer

so u enjoy living out there

but inverness to alicante is a good run they got a nice church there havent they if I remember beautiful blue roof (????))

Update Reply
earthwind @ 25/07/2012 00:12  

The tunnel is very quick and easy, just ride on, park bike and wait 30 mins and ride off.. Inverness to spain was good run. soz dont know the church..

Update Reply
late_voyager @ 29/07/2012 01:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email