MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Lindisfarne BM Event..

Lindisfarne BM Event.. - Forums [Biker Match] Lindisfarne BM Event.. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Lindisfarne BM Event..

Gutted.. as will Simon be.. ~ Had wanted to organise an Event on Lindisfarne itself.. but they don't have Camping Facilities for more than Five Tents... and the one just off the causeway has a no noise policy at 10.30pm.. and I can imagine trying to keep it down would cause much hilarity but likely find us homeless in the middle of the night... Any ideas as to what folk would and wouldnt do.. i.e. further afield.. B&B's.. how much would you pay... What facilities are a must on a Campsite if I can find one that lives after dusk.. is a pub/club house essential.. bands had been mentioned.. and just generally if anyone would be up for this next year... Does it interest you at all at all at all... Ps. The Northumberland Coastal Route has some beyond beautiful ride outs

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/06/2012 16:22  

Hi honey, the only thing I need is a loo I'm not worried about a band or club house. Be nice to be able to have a drink, so pub would be good!! Well done you for this post!! Just remember you will not be able to please everyone. I find its best to go look around a place and if it feels good to you, then job done!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/06/2012 17:10  

Ohhhhhhhh thank you for your words of encouragement Elliemay!! Top Tip too for looking around there.. and getting a feel for it... that I can doooo Oh.. and the Loo.. yeah.. can guarantee one of those too!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/06/2012 17:53  

Oooooh...Northumberland, wanted to camp there for a while now and not got round to it yet. My parents and grandparents are from that neck of the woods, and I spent a fair bit of time there as a nipper. Would be good to stay a while again...

And what Ellie says goes for me too...A loo.
Has to be to 24hr though, and ideally not a chem, what with the way my guts play up
Not fussed about a pub either, I'm quite happy not to go anywhere near one...

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 01/06/2012 17:59  

Hmmmmm... soooo it could be a simple as finding a field.. turfing a granny out of her cottage for the weekend and bobs your uncle... 24 hour toilet facilities and a larder full of cake... Will get right on it.. Oh the cake is a must for me.. no event would be complete without it... and I truly appreciate the comments too.. think I might have been making this harder for myself than it actually needs to be.. Thank You Sharky!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/06/2012 18:15  

The barn at beal was hosting a bike rally recently, they are close to the island. Don't know how that went or what is like ( I had kid commitments) . Anyone got more info....?

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 01/06/2012 22:56  

Keep at it girl You get my vote For sheer persistance

Update Reply
Emzed @ 01/06/2012 23:00  

Wonder how many of us we could squeeze into that hut on the causeway, it would be cozy!!!

Update Reply
centurion @ 01/06/2012 23:13  

We could go for a "Guiness World Record"

Update Reply
Emzed @ 01/06/2012 23:56  

How about hiring a caravan or more? Privately-owned caravans are available at Haggerston Castle Holiday Park, Beal. Approx £200 for a weekend off peak ie mid- sept to end oct; 3 bedrooms.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 08:15  

Caravan & the facilities at Haggerston sound good. Like Sharky i'd love to have a stay around that area (and about the loo as well ). Definitely count me in - with good company it'll be a great event where ever you arrange it Anne. Can't wait for this one, a new area to explore, Lindisfarne has always been on my list of to do's, to date haven't managed it yet. If I can help in any way, just give me a shout

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 02/06/2012 10:59  

Laffo posted in your learner ride thead RC. Bless him he's over-worked The Weardale in is home to the Mad Axeman Rally for the last couple of years, good meet up point and not far from decent roads, Hartside cafe, Hawes, Sedbergh, Devils, Durham etc... Perhaps give them a bell and ask for a deal like Squires, ie: we eat and drink at your place/we camp for free?...I cant do anything untill Monday but would be happy to oblige in helping out with owt'. So there's that one to bear in mind. But could also be worth considering the Tan Hill Inn. I know it's a long way from Lindisfarne...42 miles from Newcastle. But there's free camping & use of the pub. We've had bm events there before and sometimes there's a band on. last Saturday there was a band which had original members of 'Lindisfarne' in the line up, interestingly enough. It was also full of Geordies lol....you also get free entertainment from the the whacky and rather unique pub staff You could organise a ride out via Middleton in Teesdale / High force and then on up to the gorgeous Northumberland coast Just a suggestion.....

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/06/2012 14:45  

Ohhhh please don't do this untill i've got a bike. I went to Warkworth in Feb, and explored by car. I'd love to go back by bike. I demand tis on hold till i pass my test, or someone gives me a pilly!!!! Pretty Please.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 15:43  

looks a good un

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 17:12  

WARNING !!!! DO NOT BOOK INTO ROBINS NEST !!!!! LONG STORY BUT JUST DON'T ! TRUST ME ! lol HB x

Update Reply
honda baby @ 03/06/2012 01:11  

There is some good camping sites in Alnwick which is a great base for the area. The town is gorgeous. The castle and gardens are amazing and since it's just off the A1 it's easy to get to.
This is a good setting off point for Lindisfarne, or Seahouses, or Rothbury......

And...for the literati, it's got the best bookshop in the whole of Britain, in the old railway station

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 05/06/2012 23:02  

Oh that bookshop is AMAZING! Forgot all about it. I love Alnmouth and the Famous Schooner Inn (haunted....but charming rather than spooky), Craster Kippers and those funny little fishermen's huts made of half a boat stood up on it's end with a door on the front!, Dunstanborough castle, Seahouses (bestest bestest old fashioned metal beach spades just like when we were kids)

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/06/2012 00:10  

Oh and Tan Hill pub ... however far it is from Lindisfarne.... the clientele!!! I love pubs where sheep and chickens can wander around..... I do !!!

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 06/06/2012 00:51  

It must be close on 100 miles, Cathy...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/06/2012 01:02  

Lindisfarne is mind blowing - you can feel and breathe the history of the place. Met the teletubbies there once (long story, but absolutely true). Bamburgh castle and beach are lovely too. Took the kids to Haggerston caravan park many moons ago. They had a great time, but wondered why everyone "talked funny" - they dow spake loike us theeer.

Definitely a "maybe" from me on this one subject to kids, dosh, wheels blah blah yawn.

x x x

Update Reply
lawnmower @ 06/06/2012 08:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email