MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Mozzie season Skin So Soft

Mozzie season  Skin So Soft - Forums [Biker Match] Mozzie season  Skin So Soft - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Mozzie season Skin So Soft

The Mozzie season is here and for anyone heading for Scotland or anywhere else where theres ravenous bitey little critters , here's a heads up Avon Skin So Soft, Soft & Fresh Dry Oil Body Spray is reduced on the Avon website to £2.60....cheap as chips and tons better than any insect repellant on the market I'm an irresistable magnet to midges & mozzies, suffering on countless holidays & camping trips cos the little blighters sound a dinner gong and tell all their mates "Dinner is Served!" when they see me coming! I was told about this by a mate who was in the forces in the far east, and it really works....my daughter will testify. She always viewed me as her first line of defence and she scoffed when we we were camping on a mosquito-infested marshy island. Changed her tune when she woke up covered in bites and I didn't have a single one

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 31/05/2012 14:24  

Great post Minnie I too am a sufferer Reminds me of the line Sam Gamgee came out with in one of the L O R films "What do these things eat when they can't get Hobbits ?" Got a shock at the checkout though £3.50 carriage !!! But it still works out cheap, considering the "list" price of the stuff ( £5.20 ) An if it works as well as you claim it's worth every penny If the summer drags on we may need to put in a BULK order Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 31/05/2012 15:34  

minnie ,sounds good ,but is it heavily scented?if i walk around smelling like joan collins.......not good rally cred. ,as i normally reek of oil petrol and a slight wiff of jack daniels/cider mix,yours,concerned of leonard stanley!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 31/05/2012 15:48  

They've slashed the price to £2.60 and no postage charged through Avon on-line Emzed. For once this wasn't cheaper through Amazon
Jinx, commandos & paras swear by it!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 31/05/2012 17:33  

if its good enough for them its probably far too good for me but will try,cheers minnie!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 31/05/2012 17:37  

insect repellent in Aldi and bite treatment

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2012 18:43  

NOTHING ever bites me.. no matter how much i try!! i prefer it round the shoulder area.. lol

Update Reply
Roo70 @ 01/06/2012 00:34  

Yer Aunty Min says get some Avon Skin So Soft Roo...even if no nibbles result hun you will find your strokability goes up 100%

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/06/2012 01:30  

Well I was looking at their online shop Minnie, which is where I got the shock at the checkout ! Do you have to register with the site to get free postage ? Cos if its only £2.60 & freepost thats half price ! Might as well get 2

Update Reply
Emzed @ 01/06/2012 02:26  

I too have thin skin the insects love which means they can get to the blood easier. Does this product contain LANOLIN? I'm allergic to Lanolin, a by-product of sheep which is the most common skin softener and the most common allergy causer. I wonder if baby oil would do the job just as well? Maybe it's too slippy for the 'critters' and that's why the Avon stuff works.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/06/2012 09:57  

I did register/log in to the site emzed so that could be why I got a better deal
Here's the link: http://avonshop.co.uk/product/bath-and-body/skin-so-sof...spray.html But I see they are waiting for it to come back in stock....oops did I start a panic buying spree! Sandi I don't know if it contains lanolin....I will have a look at the small print if I come across my old one, but I think it contains small amounts of citronella which is the substance the mozzies hate so much

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/06/2012 19:37  

Nope, no chance Minnie I tried your link and it said SOLD OUT leave your email and we'll let you know when its back in stock ? Got an email this morning saying back in stock ! That's wierd, "overnight" ! Whateva ? Follows link in email, listed £2.60 great Thinks .... I'll "register" maybe get "freepost" that way ? All registered up now, logged in an everything Add to basket ... Goes to checkout, smashing still £2.60 Goes to log into Paypal to pay still shows £2.60 GREAT Logged into Paypal ..... + £3.50 carriage !!!!! WTF !!! Tried it again wi me debit card .... Still + £3.50 How did you get yours "freepost" ??? That's 3 times now, I give up You know what really makes me sick ? Until 2 years ago, my daughter was the TOP agent in her area On the "Presidents" list or something ! I could have had a case of the stuff at "agents" price If some toerag hadn't been jealous of her success and reported her for doing it while she was on sick So if anyone who's going to a rally I'm attending, does manage to get any, for Minnie's £2.60 "all in" ? Get me one please an I'll buy it off them

Update Reply
Emzed @ 02/06/2012 11:24  

I (ahem) could be responsible for clearing em out....sorreeeeeee Maybe, I got free postage cos my order was over a particular value You can find your nearest rep via that website & they'll bring it round free of charge I think. But I can appreciate you may not want to do that bearing in mind the history with your daughter emzed I'm starting a little business trading with a rally stall this year and I got a few of em in....just in case Providing they're delivered in time. they will be for sale at the Drove to Drink rally next weekend just outside Carlisle There will be a modest markup to cover my 'carriage costs'

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/06/2012 15:00  

Thanks for your response Minnie

Update Reply
Sandi @ 04/06/2012 12:23  

Skin So Soft has arrived but there is no list of ingredients Sandi, so can't answer your question - don't know if it contains lanolin or not My youngest daughter just walked in & saw the box - she confirms that it was more effective than Deet when she was living on a jungle-clad, mozzie-infested island off the coast of Fiji last year I've also had a leaflet inviting me to become an Avon Lady shoved through my door

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 06/06/2012 19:40  

I've just had a quick Google for the ingredients and came up with this link. No mention of lanolin though, Sandi

http://www.livestrong.com/article/95257-skin-soft-ingre...gredients/

Lots of Avon stuff is "vegetarian friendly" and not tested on animals either

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 06/06/2012 21:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email