MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Kirkby Lonsdale- the Bridge tomorrow with Mizzi and Minnie

Kirkby Lonsdale- the Bridge tomorrow with Mizzi and Minnie - Forums [Biker Match] Kirkby Lonsdale- the Bridge tomorrow with Mizzi and Minnie - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Kirkby Lonsdale- the Bridge tomorrow with Mizzi and Minnie

Mizzi & me are meeting up at Devil's Bridge tomorrow (Tuesday) at 12 noon. We'll be goin for a little pootle somewhere (dunno where yet) at Minnie's 125 speed but you're welcome to join us if you fancy

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 28/05/2012 23:31  

Ooohh, that sounds tempting

Update Reply
Wills @ 29/05/2012 00:36  

Will be great to see you Wills. Hope you can make it Another pal is tagging along and can't get to the bridge till 1 pm so no need to rush to get there for 12 wayay...shaping up nice. Put thinking caps on where would be a nice bimble

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 29/05/2012 09:07  

Wish I could girls - burnt my spare fuel yesterday. Have a lovely run and be safe.

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 29/05/2012 11:13  

As I didn't want the 2 plod who showed up looking at my bike too carefully, i made a hasty exit. I told Minnie to meet me at Newby Bridge Service Station, but after an hour waiting - no show??? And no contact despite calls/texts.... An explanation please.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/05/2012 18:58  

perhaps they were entertaining the plod instead

Update Reply
havfun @ 29/05/2012 19:17  

No we weren't entertaining the plods...we're all road legal We had to wait for Debs to arrive before we could set off from the bridge....there was no way we would dream of leaving without her When we decided to head to the Lakes I planned to take the others via the Crook Road....we had planned a bimble after all XK, instead of a relaxed bimble along a quiet, leafy rural road we went to the Newby Bridge Service station as you requested. This involved riding significant stretches of a major trunk road including the long pull up Lindale Hill. Remember there were four learners present including a lass on a Honda C90, so we were struggling to maintain 50....not particularly pleasant and by no stretch of the imagination a relaxing bimble I guess when you phoned we were on the road??? We got to Newby Bridge Services and you weren't there....looked at my phone & there was your text, "Fed up waiting so gone on my own, Cheers!" Believe me you were better off not getting a response to your text when I saw it....your name was mud I couldn't have made it any clearer that this was a ride meant to be enjoyable for learners...instead the first part was hijacked by an irresponsible T**T....get your friggin riding credentials sorted you idiot! Is that sufficient explanation xk?

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 29/05/2012 20:04  

on a more pleasant note and once minor irritations were a distant memory...... What a bloomin Brilliant day out! Fabby dabby company with some old pals not seen for ages....it was sooooo lovely to see you all And what a grand old chinwag lying on the grass in the sunshine....cheers all for coming and joining Mizzie and me

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 29/05/2012 20:13  

Glad to hear you had a good day out, Minnie and all, a Tuesday ride out, oh luxury. I was up to my ears in it at work, can only dream of bike riding this week. Next week may be another story though

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 29/05/2012 20:53  

Great day out Minnie. Nice steady ride. Good to meet old friends and make new ones. must get them on the site so they can join us again. Totally agree with your post about Xk. i heard you tell him that wasn't the planned route but you would change it for him. Why didn't he use the petrol station we stopped at as we left Kirby he must have passed it. Enjoyed the ride from Devil's Bridge to Clitheroe aswell. 285 ml. round trip, not bad for a weekday.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 29/05/2012 21:42  

Just shows how something arranged at just hours notice can be a great success

Update Reply
Wills @ 29/05/2012 21:53  

Good to hear the contingent heading onto Clitheroe had a nice ride too....lovely route Those remaining at the bridge had a grand cackle session with Sharon (Roo)

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 29/05/2012 22:04  

Why did no one text me to let me know there was a delay, to which I was unaware? I could have backtracked if I had known. And there was always the option to say 'no' to my Newby Bridge request. I had an excellent bimble from there thru Grizedale to Hawkshead and back via the ferry. instead the first part was hijacked by an irresponsible T**T....get your friggin riding credentials sorted you idiot! Name calling is never pleasant. And all this could have been avoided if u just rang me! I was waiting from 1pm til 2pm, when I came to the conclusion that you'd decided to stick with your original plan, and to hell with me.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/05/2012 22:37  

And I posted at just after 9 this morning that Debs couldn't get to the rendezvous till 1pm, so there no need to rush. We all knew we were waiting for someone else to join us.... Like I said we were riding when you rang / texted. I don't have your number so couldn't have rung you if it had occurred to me or anyone else, but it didn't It probably took us a lot longer to get to Newby Bridge than it took you cos we were riding at learner pace, plus we needed to stop for some riders to fuel up at Kirkby....so you were wrong in your assumption that we'd decided to stick to the original plan....we stuck to yours And as for name calling...ooops xk, "only joking"

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 29/05/2012 23:01  

An explanation please???

(perhaps the following might explain)...

I didn't want the 2 plod who showed up looking at my bike too carefully

(YOUR BIKE)

i made a hasty exit.

(YOUR DECISION)

I told Minnie to meet me...

(YOUR RUDE)

And no contact despite calls/texts....

(YOUR NOT VERY THOUGHTFULL)

Fed up waiting so gone on my own, Cheers!

(YOUR RUDE AGAIN AND SELFISH)

Why did no one text me to let me know there was a delay, to which I was unaware?

(YOUR NOT UP TO DATE WITH THE ROUTE)

I came to the conclusion that you'd decided to stick with your original plan, and to hell with me.

(YOUR WRONG)

Give the lass a break, she offered to lead a ride not wet nurse anyone.

Update Reply
Laffo @ 30/05/2012 23:00  

Ooh .. Looks like XK is in the dog house ? Good place for you XK .. Woof Woof .. lol

Update Reply
nitro70 @ 30/05/2012 23:23  

Now let's all be growed up and stop the name calling and taking sides in the playground. We all know Minnie and her love of the bike and that she has a real love for biking, we all know XK and I know he will go out of his way to help a fellow biker when he can, a mistake was made and that is fact it is up to the 2 parties involved to work it out without the input of everyone else on the site...

Update Reply
old red @ 30/05/2012 23:33  

The limitation of my text comm's may allow it to look that way, I'm just pointing out that his problems had a lot more to do with himself than perhaps he realises and from his replies it seems unfair on a lass who has made the effort to post up a ride out.

To join a ride out just look at the info available, look for any updates and turn up and ride with others in mind.

I'm sure he was pretty hacked off waiting at Newby for an hour, its a long time stood there and theres nowt to do, understandable but blame is perhaps a tad off target?

Update Reply
Laffo @ 30/05/2012 23:47  

Not the first time that best-laid plans go wrong, and it won't be the last. Tomorrow is another day.

Update Reply
Wills @ 30/05/2012 23:52  

The lad had just had a great weekend with us lot down at Bury St Edmunds, 4 hour ride each way for him from Bedale + a rideout from 11:15 am to 22:00 on the Saturday, had one or two minor probs with the bike whilst down there but still road legal and rideable.... Quite suprised he was up for a ride on the Tuesday!! Could to some extent explain his mood at Newby, would suggest they both get on the PM's and sort it between them....Both great folk shame to see either of them in a rift...

Update Reply
old red @ 31/05/2012 00:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email