MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

cheapy aldi camping stuff from 31st may

cheapy aldi camping stuff from 31st may (2) - Forums [Biker Match] cheapy aldi camping stuff from 31st may (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

cheapy aldi camping stuff from 31st may

Posh Totty visit both stores... they take their own M&S.. Sainsbury's and Waitrose Bags... Have seen them do it.. the Meat and Smoked Fish section seems to be mighty popular so best get yourselves down there before the world cottons on and they hike their prices in line with the aforementioned

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 29/05/2012 17:04  

and Lidls chocolate, stollen and pannatone at christmas

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/05/2012 17:11  

even their rich tea biccies and ersatz hobnobs find a welcome home in my tent.....crumbs! frequently have nicer bananas than tesco too.(ook)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/05/2012 17:19  

Have you guys tried Aldi's "Romagna pizzais" £1.99?. Think they're in "special selection" boxes. Even my Son and his mates are impressed and they've been known to spend £20 + to have a pizza meal from Domino's.

Jinx are the "hobnobs" called "Oaties at Aldi?. If so they don't last long in our house

Update Reply
clarkee @ 29/05/2012 18:28  

damn the secrets out......and yes i've been told by my kids same thing on the pizzas,shame i can't vouch for that ,allergic to cheese!right clarkee,that should get us a place on Aldi's board later i think ,but dont tell the others where we got the new bikes o.k.?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/05/2012 19:27  

ah, this is my kinda thread, drifting from camping to food..!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/05/2012 19:28  

neil,lets try booze next then,southern belle cheapy aldi southern comfort clone acceptable in tight times(sic)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/05/2012 23:08  

well at least someone's perving my profile. shame im not attracted to beards and dangly bits. ive bought things years ago from aldi and lidl and they dont last. wouldnt dare buy tools there. they might be ok if you dont have to tighten things to much, like women do. at least when you use their screwdrivers to try to unscrew a tight screw you wont damage the screw. just in case anyone from aldi and lidl are looking at this all your stuff is'nt bad. ive been buying my food there for years so your getting something right.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2012 22:12  

Im going to have a nosey tomorrow just cos im a "woman"... lolol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/05/2012 22:18  

Lulu asked: what exactly are 'women's tools'? PML, that'll be MEN won't it?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/05/2012 11:07  

pawns maybe,willing victim probably,slaves inevitably,sandi

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 31/05/2012 16:32  

Had a nosey earlier .. the camping stuff looks fine and dandy.. 3 man tent £29.99... and lots more inexpensive stuff.. sleeping bag £7.99 .. with various torches , stoves and mini stove stands ... lots and lots.. but the socks are brilliant just as Boss Mom says..but, the tools lol, oh they are not good tbh, very light and even i couldn't be blamed for bending them.. but all in all i wish i had waited till now for the camping stuff.. live and learn eh lol. Came out with some biscuits lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/05/2012 19:18  

vindicated,all rewards sent in plain brown wrappers to,jinx57,c/othird water pipe along,no.2 gents toilets,stroud railway station,gloucestershire.i'll be checking saturday,not just adding more graffiti like the magistrate said last time.......................ooopsy!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 01/06/2012 19:15  

Just been and got my Tent, £30 with a 3 year guarantee !. How about that Go Outdoors, Decathlon, Blacks etc?.
I know it's going to be good as I had one before. Was going to get the stove too, double burner with grill for £20.....sold out!!! Manager phoned 3 other branches for me...all sold out too...can't be too much wrong with the stoves then...can there?
I like Aldi

Update Reply
clarkee @ 01/06/2012 19:17  

I wish i had bought one of the Stoves but 4 days earlier i got a single one from go outdoors , think the aldi ones had a grill too ?? Oh well eh ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/06/2012 19:43  

just mosied down to quedgeley branch near me in glos. grabbed 2.99 head torch...good spec even magnetic base so stick under seat foe emegencies perhaps,self inflating air bed,saves wheezing lungs and knees,goes to about 1+1/2 inches thick very comfy cats have adopted it for today!12.99 /3year guarantee.sorted!p.s.lamp so bright, nearex going back for more!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/06/2012 12:34  

Got the self-inflating air mattress yesterday. First test sleeps next weekend Moggies happily scoffed the cat food at 1.99, thats a big saving

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 03/06/2012 09:55  

glad this thread worked out well for so many members,as soon as the bike stuff or anything else useful to us comes up will post,best wishes jinx57

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/06/2012 14:05  

Managed to get a self inflate bed thingy... happy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2012 22:49  

Well, the last 2 nights spent on the Aldi self inflating air mattress and it definitely gets the thumbs up from me. It's not incredibly thick but there was none of that deflating feeling accompanied by boney bits making contact with the ground (well boney bits in my case is perhaps stretching it a bit), that I've had so often with conventional airbeds No rolling off the side of it and the insulation it provides from the cold ground is amazing. Really horrendous conditions where I was camping meant it was virtually floating on liquid mud at one stage but I still had a great night's sleep and was as toasty as anything Because it is so flat I found I needed a pillow, which I don't usually bother with but a rolled up fleece sorted that out Brilliant for the price

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 11/06/2012 00:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email