MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

cheapy aldi camping stuff from 31st may

cheapy aldi camping stuff from 31st may - Forums [Biker Match] cheapy aldi camping stuff from 31st may - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

cheapy aldi camping stuff from 31st may

anybody needing new rally stuff could do worse than this stuff,usually quite well made and durable.tent 3 person 29.99,self inflating mat(t?)...sorry,12.99..air bed8.99 single/double 12.99.mummy doss bags12.99,also walking shoes same as mine ,v.comfy ,hard wearing too14.99 a pair,camping head torch2.99,look on aldi.co.uk for piccys,hope this of some use,later! p.s.some spanners and socket set,in my experience,reasonable quality for price. x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/05/2012 17:56  

your making me cringe. aldi only sell womens tools, and lets hope it dos'nt rain when you go camping, and its not to cold and your not planning on any long walks - in the rain

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2012 01:47  

My friend has an Aldi tent that did a sterling job on 2 x two-week hols including north of Scotland, and another who swears by the thermal compression socks from Aldi, another with a bike cover that's doing the job
Course if you've had a bad experience with an Aldi tent busa...maybe when you were walking & camping in the Lakes??? As for 'women's tools'....well yes, have to agree....there are tools, and then there are tools aren't there?

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 28/05/2012 08:38  

not used any of the aldi camping gear but definately +1 on the socks..

MTM - last comment made i laugh... I'm sure what busa really meant to say is that the tools are fine for non gender specific home mechanic use

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2012 09:28  

I have two sets of tools. a comprehensive good quality set for the garage and a basic cheap set I carry on the bike. Cheap tools are generally no good for repeated use but they can get you out of trouble.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 28/05/2012 09:36  

@ busafeller what exactly are 'women's tools'?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2012 12:43  

I had one of the Aldi tents. It did a brilliant job and was well used until a bunch of T*****S lit a fire next to it at the Farmyard two years ago and burnt the flysheet.

The only criticism I have of them is that they get a tad wobbly in strong wind but the design, water repellant spec and durability for a £30 tent are second to none. (the Tent not the T*****S)

Also thumbs up for the compression leggins vest and socks, good value there too....Oh and a mate has had Aldi bike boots for about 4 years now, done a trip to Spain amongst thousands of day to day miles...still going strong.

Update Reply
clarkee @ 28/05/2012 15:08  

Pick through the aldi stuff and you can get quite a few good bargains. I know in my job (digital tv) I fitted hundreds of set top boxes, and set up loads of TV's for digital, and after originally scoffing at Tevion (aldi's own brand) I found them to be the least problematic, with NO call backs to them! . . . Although I may've been fortunate! I have aldi compression top & leggings, gloves, and socks. All good.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2012 15:27  

i rest my case,m'lud......busafeller,you probably think skodas are still joke cars too!most aldi tools usuallly have tuv approval markings on the packaging if you look for it,our german cousins are far fussier about quality standards than ourselves and most euro-partners,as to the quality of the shoes ,mine are three years old now,one broken lace!!!!!gasp the horror!if i see cheap tools, i usually shy away ,most of my kit is snap-on,bought many years ago but the plug in trickle charger i bought 4 years ago still refuses to burst into flame!and no neither i or anybody i know works there.i also ride triumphs and moto guzzis,drive a shitroen and live in the soft south where it never rains,ever.most of my holidays are camping,sometimes in my county of birth,cumbria........rainproof,you wouldn't even like to guess.

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 28/05/2012 15:48  

P.S.perved your profile busafeller,outdoor activities: does not include football or camping.............................................!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 28/05/2012 16:24  

Thought womens tools came from Anne Summers...... lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2012 17:19  

lol @ Guzzi Lady

Update Reply
ZZRpilot @ 28/05/2012 17:33  

batteries not incl........................better not

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 28/05/2012 22:07  

I too have Aldi m/c socks and boots and they are both great, as well as my "windy beach" jacket which many may have seen because it is sooooo bright, but it keeps me warm and dry cos it's a ski one so I'm told

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2012 22:20  

Unfortunately we don't have Aldi here we only have Lidl, maybe I will have a look see if they have any bike gear in atm. Haven't been in there in years.
It is funny I only ever shopped in Lidl when I was on the dole....I must be a snob now haha oh dear....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/05/2012 22:44  

Lulu, Lidl often run very similar promotions at pretty much the same time as Aldi so I bet they will be doing camping gear pretty soon

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 28/05/2012 23:39  

Cheers Minnie will have a wee look tomorrow if I get time.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/05/2012 00:16  

Is Lidl like a downmarket M&S/Waitrose then?

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 29/05/2012 02:25  

ltgtr,you really need to get out more,lidl are more like a down market aldi!!if anyone had crap tuv approved tools they came from here......but i did buy an electric chainsaw from them 7-8 years ago......still going strong,so be warned(maniacal lafter follows) xx

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/05/2012 05:22  

You're right I do need to get out more, but if that means mixing with the riff-raff I'll stick to Waitrose.

Update Reply
invalid characters @ 29/05/2012 08:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email