MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Durham Bikewise

Durham Bikewise (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Durham Bikewise (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Durham Bikewise

This Sunday!!!! Now how utterly lush is that.. somewhere to play out.. and on your doorstep too!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 28/06/2012 07:55  

I might make it if I can get over my phobia regarding willingly going anywhere near a police HQ! I know, sign of a misspent youth but it still doesn't seem natural behavior

Update Reply
centurion @ 28/06/2012 09:57  

Relive the good ol days - chuck a brick thru the police window!!! (I'll back u up mate - I'll say rockchicky did it)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/06/2012 12:08  

Now that sounds like a plan!

Update Reply
centurion @ 28/06/2012 14:05  

Nuggets! What you like?!
Centurion.. for sure they won't recognise you now.. but to err on the side of caution you could always come in fancy dress.. borrow some of XK's gear

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 29/06/2012 08:00  

Or REALLY confuse them and borrow some of yours!!!

Update Reply
centurion @ 29/06/2012 10:05  

LMAO!!!!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 29/06/2012 13:54  

Bump!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 30/06/2012 23:33  

Are folk heading to fram for the "start" of this
Today? (10 am)
Or at different times while it's on?
(10-5)
Any "meet point"?

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 01/07/2012 06:19  

Oldyeti.. only just saw this.. and after being given a "tipoff" that you'd been spotted... you are rarer to sight than a great crested something but I hope you did find the others lurking behind the burger vans... As for Anyone else who reads these forums and topics.. Durham Bikewise is Immense.. had to more than 5000 people there and the things to do and see and buy and taste.. well have to say it was way way Way better than MCN London.. by far! Massively cheaper too and a cracking atmostphere.. only £2 to get in too!! Next year.. we will be organising a Meet/Rideout/Camp on the Friday/Saturday before and then a scoot over to this on the Sunday because it's definately not one to be missed and it's super child friendly too with a fairground attached and large stuffed animals walking about... So something for everyone!! I would rate this on a 9/10 ~ they lost a point because no one was selling tassles for my wee bike.. But plenty of other bargains to be had...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/07/2012 15:59  

Worth the entrance fee alone just to wander about the bike park
There were lids from £30 (flips £50), boots £25, jackets £50, gloves £10. All the major manufacturers had a selection of their bikes on display, plus several local clubs were showing off their finest. I took a fancy to the Triumph Tiger Explorer, a cross between an off-roader and a tourer, be great for the more out-of-the-way rallys And then there were the Victory's - HD eat yr heart out! The stunt show guys showed us mere mortals how bikes can be ridden. Such skill - I wish... Then there was live music, police dog handling (do not mess wiv them!), mini-funfair, paint pellet shooting, food stalls, loads bikegear stalls, classic bike show. I, too, would rate it 9/10. They lost a point 'cos no beer tent!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/07/2012 17:16  

And don't forget that 5 mins after Anne went we saw a wolf

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 01/07/2012 18:45  

I am quite literally laughing my ass of right now Whatever sunshine lol

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/07/2012 18:50  

Seriously, we really did. It was on a lead

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 01/07/2012 18:52  

Hmmmmmmmmm... then I am vindicated as had that Wolf got loose of it's lead and escaped into the woods at the venue and there had been badger blood and carnage about some place.. it would be first on the scene.. and I rest my case...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/07/2012 18:56  

LMAO, and yes, Tim ain't joking, I saw it too!

Update Reply
centurion @ 01/07/2012 19:04  

Omg.. not fair!!! I would have been first out with the camera!!! I've been carrying dead badger bits around in my pockets for just such an occasion...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/07/2012 19:13  

It's a cracking do, and the weather was spot on today. We had a great laugh and caught up with al manner of folk.
and I finally found a flip up lid to fit my head, result!!

The only downer is that it's always pretty much the same, it could do witha revamp in my opinion but 5000 folks seemed happy so I'll shut up now...

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 01/07/2012 20:24  

I do agree there grey, I asked the mrs to come and she said "I went 2 and 3 years ago, it'll be the same"

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 01/07/2012 20:48  

Yes.. but for first times.. second timers and maybe's even third times it was wickedly lush!! Lets not put folks off lol.. We can have a cracking weekend out of this next year and you two can be "tour guides"

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/07/2012 21:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email