MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Trouble Sending Personal Messages

Trouble Sending Personal Messages - Forums [Biker Match] Trouble Sending Personal Messages - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Trouble Sending Personal Messages

Over the last week when ever i have written a Personal message out and clicked on send message the message has been deleted and the site homepage appears on my screen. when i have rewritten the message and tried again to send it this time it works fine ???. This has never happened before, not being the quickest on a keyboard this is a bit of a pain in the rectal orifice. Any idea's as to the cause ???

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 17/05/2012 02:41  

Hi Dave VM, I don't know the answer to this I'm afraid but have circulated it to the moderators for advice. In the mean time, although not ideal I know, if you send a PM to someone, after you've typed it right click and copy before you send so that if there's an error you can just paste it back into a new message. Hopefullt it will be sorted out soon for you.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 17/05/2012 03:35  

Hi Dave,

It looks like a cookie / browser issue to me. Depending on what web browser you are using depends on how you do this. I would try deleting your cookies especially the ones that regarding website passwords. A word of warning!! Delegating the cookies that store Website data my require you to log Back into websites such as forums and web based email.

Update Reply
Phil @ 17/05/2012 08:46  

Dave make sure you click on 'SEND MESSAGE' and not on the 'CLEAR FORM' icon. I used to do it a lot when I first joined. Altho a pop up does appear telling you that all form data will be lost if you click on 'ok' so you can retrieve it, if you click the 'cancel' button. If you find out for definite what caused it let us know, so others know for future ref'. Cheers.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/05/2012 12:59  

Ignore the idiot above, the meds are obviously not working for her today LOL. After re-reading your post Dave, I realise it wasn't clicking the wrong button that caused your problem. DOH! *click clack* <<<sound of knitting needles as I knit meself yet another 'blonde' wig

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/05/2012 13:03  

Thanks to both of you for the advice it is much appreciated.
I have sent Simon a PM, it sent first time so whether it has cleared the fault or not or maybe its an intermittant fault i don't know ??, i will monitor how things go. Once again thanks for the advice. Regards Dave

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 17/05/2012 13:12  

Never mind Sandi it comes to us all in the end, i'm there already Barmy as a bag of spanners me !!!

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 17/05/2012 13:16  

...'in the end'? I've only got a cold...I aint dying, yet!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/05/2012 13:25  

Its me again the problem is still there, i have just done 2 PMs the first sent okay no problem, the second did'nt as i mentioned before as you click on send message the site homepage comes up on the screen and the PM is deleted. I tried to copy and paste but it would'nt allow me to do that either ??, so i rewrote the PM and this time it sent ok if a little slow in going ??? Regards Dave

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 18/05/2012 03:46  

Hi Dave - I've asked Matt to check this out for ya.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 18/05/2012 08:18  

LOL Stella I was just about to suggest he contacts Matt, altho I'm sure it's Dave's computer and not BM that's causing the glitch.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/05/2012 08:37  

Wrong, I've had the same problem twice this week and lost both messages

Update Reply
centurion @ 18/05/2012 09:01  

ok, if anyone else is having problems can you go to the homepage, click on the contact button & fill in the details there - re website issues. This will go directly to Matt & he can then check it out as he dosn't always see topics posted. Also - when you are writing a PM (or topic for that matter) make sure that the box you are writing in has fully loaded- ie the background colour of the box has gone grey BEFORE you start typing. If it's a White background, then the page hasn't loaded properly & anything you type will be lost.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 18/05/2012 09:07  

Centurion!! speak up man! lol Anyone else having the same problem as Dave and Centurion?, please follow Holmfirthgirl's advice. Make sure you tell Matt exactly what happened, and if you got an error message please try and copy it and paste it into your message to Matt.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/05/2012 09:35  

I was beginning to wonder if it was my computer that was playing up, but now Centurion says he has experienced the same problem i'm not so sure ?. I will take Holmfirthgirls advice without a doubt. Thanks all for the help and advice.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 18/05/2012 10:00  

Yeah Dave, like you I've sent messages and not had the usual 'message sent ' reply come up and there's been no sighn of them in my sent box, yet when I've retyped them they go allright, and both times I know I have clicked on the send box correctly. Its the fact that re-sending them works and that some messages go allright 1st time that makes me doubtfull that its a problem on my computer

Update Reply
centurion @ 18/05/2012 10:17  

Centurion. I have done what Holmfirthgirl suggested and contacted Matt. Have you had the site being a bit slow in general occasionally eg:slow to return to the previous page, going to the next page etc, initially i just thought it was my computer being slow or slow broadband connection perhaps i don't know? not being computer minded i rely on those that are to help me out .

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 18/05/2012 10:33  

Tried to send 3 msgs to Sandi but when i hit the send button it goes straight to BM homepage. Help please lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2012 11:09  

Hi Jen - re above: ok, if anyone else is having problems can you go to the homepage, click on the contact button & fill in the details there - re website issues. This will go directly to Matt & he can then check it out as he dosn't always see topics posted.

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 18/05/2012 11:26  

Thank you Stella, make that four msgs now ive tried to send to Sandi, but went to Jackie fine, weird lolol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/05/2012 11:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email