MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

PurpleBetty's Birthday Bash @ Squires on Sunday 8th July

PurpleBetty's Birthday Bash @ Squires on Sunday 8th July (11) - Forums [Biker Match] PurpleBetty's Birthday Bash @ Squires on Sunday 8th July (11) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

PurpleBetty's Birthday Bash @ Squires on Sunday 8th July

Same here!! dry at the moment here BUT riding along fringe of severe weather warning to Squires BIKE or car???

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2012 09:00  

Cloudy but dry over here right now. Just checked the Met Office website and they're saying OK (ish) for this side of the Pennines but could get seriously wet in Yorks and Humberside later on. On balance, maybe car.
See you anyway

Update Reply
Wills @ 08/07/2012 09:32  

Been camped out here at Squires all weekend, and weather has been very changeable...But, currently, it's cloudy and mild. No rain at the mo.

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 08/07/2012 09:54  

Happy Birthday Betty!

We're going to whimp out and come in the car.

Now how much purple can I find in my wardrobe ....?????

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 08/07/2012 12:46  

Well I'm glad Its started to rain now cause I am in my van, other wise a good turn out, it was quite nice sat in the sun and I,m sure Betty enjoyed it, thanks to all who came and a big thanks Rockchick for organizing it

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 08/07/2012 17:09  

Dam it's bright sunshine again why did't I come on my bike

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 08/07/2012 17:30  

glad I chose the bike, dry all day. weatherman got it wrong thank goodness.
good to see some folks I haven't seen for a while. and to meet new faces.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 08/07/2012 17:55  

great day

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 08/07/2012 17:58  

Great day sat out in sun shine with everyone,sorry I didn't get to chat to you all, was overwhelmed by so much purple, hugs to you all

Well done to Rockchick for organising everything & once again Happy Birthday PB, enjoy the rest of your glorious purplish lush day.

ps sun was shining so much I had to put roof down & drove for 2hrs in its warmth, brilliant, got home & heavens opened!!...now to get ready for work

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2012 18:08  

Six hours sitting in the Squires sunshine, eating yummy food and chatting with lots of lovely people

Thanks for being the catalyst for such a lovely day, PB...and to rcl for organising. May the smiles last for a long time

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 08/07/2012 18:47  

What a brilliant day... Well done to RCL for organising it! And HAPPY BURPDAY to PB!! Sorry about the lack of purple on my part...Typical, for years I've had purple hair then as soon as I dye it red, there's a 'purple do' lol It was great to catch up with some great friends I've not seen in yonks!!! been way too long, we definately need to organise a good night out And great to catch up with everyone else and meet new faces The weather was glorious, if I had known, I would've definately been on Ziggy, but it's absolutely banging it down now, Hope you all got home safely and kept dry. See you all soon xxxxxx

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/07/2012 19:14  

Another great day out! wished I'd gone on bike,only rain was last 5 minutes on way back.Don't trust weatherman

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2012 19:18  

Great to have a catch up and meet new faces too. Glad you had a good day PB

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 08/07/2012 19:47  

Very glad to have made the trip and it was ood to see everybody again, even if it was rather fleetingly. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did, PB and thanks to chickie sis for organising it. Have a gold star and go to the top of the class xx

Update Reply
pistonbroke72 @ 08/07/2012 19:47  

Great day. Mind you, although it was Purlebetty's day in theory, it was Tigertim's hairless Staffie that stole the show. Never seen such a shameless piece of upstaging for a long time
The weather held off apart from one short shower on the way back. That means that my daughter is hardly speaking to me - she really wanted to come on the bike, but I said no, the weather forecast wasn't that good and I didn't fancy an hour on the M62 in the pouring rain. There again, that's dads for you, always in the wrong!

Update Reply
Wills @ 08/07/2012 19:59  

@ Wills, you'll be glad to hear you dads don't have a monopoly at always being wrong I think that applies to parents in general!

Fantastic day! Thanks to rockchickeelicious for organising it, it was lovely to see everyone

Thanks too to CW for bringing his spare panniers for me to use at Yorkshire Pudding I owe you a pint.... or two..... what the hell, lets just find the beer tent

Update Reply
lisaj @ 08/07/2012 20:36  

What a really lovely day for PBs birthday lunch...just great to meet the lovely lady herself at last..x Fabulous weather to boot with lots of smiles and laughter all day long....Brilliant... Well done Anne for organising this... lovely job well done .... xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2012 20:38  

Where do I begin to thank everyone who came to Squires today, thus making it a magical day!

Anne - thankyou so much for all the hard work and organising you put into making the day work so well...... and lushly wonderful.x.x.x.
You are such a !!!!!

I just loved that lovely warm feeling of caring and friendship that wrapped itself around the group, making the day fly so fast, that I can't believe I'm back home already.

My cards are sooo fab and funny, my gifts sooo individual - from the one eyed purple people eater.............and everything in between..... to the original and signed wabbit drawing from the one and only EllieMinx....I love and appreciate them all very much, and will think of each of you, whenever they're used..x.

If ever anyone was going to be upstaged, it could only be by the little Timmys - as they shall forever now be known - they are such little Darlings.... And Tim, how fabulous to meet Lynette at last.x.x.

Today has meant such an awful lot to me, more than you will ever know. Thank you so much my friends, your kindness, generosity of spirit, and friendship is priceless.x.x.x.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/07/2012 21:21  

Bonnie the hairless staffie says thank you to everyone for fussing her. She asks if anyone wants to send money to the nice people at Deerness Kennels (Stray action for dogs) in Durham on her behalf then please do x

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 08/07/2012 21:25  

I am blushng to the roots of my ears Thank you for your lovely comments but you know something... It could never have been anything less than a wickedly lush day for PurpleBetty because... It's the People that made it i.e. you beautiful gorgeous lot! I did have a word with Himself and make the sun come out though I don't "wear blue jeans and a rosary" for nothing lol It was a fabby lush day and I'm still smiling and can't wait to get the photo's sorted.. and seeing Her Royal Purple Lushness's post above just made me smile even more... Thank You EVERYONE for making my dear friends day so very very special xxx

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 08/07/2012 21:56  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email