MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Help Needed from Biker Friends

Help Needed from Biker Friends - Forums [Biker Match] Help Needed from Biker Friends - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Help Needed from Biker Friends

***POSTED WITH MATT'S PERMISSION***Total Biker FM have recently came under a cyber attack by person(s) unknown. On Thursday evening (10/05/12) there was a malicious attack on our website which corrupted the database and caused the site to be offline for almost 24 hours. The TBFM staff worked tirelessly to get the information back online. As we got to the end of a long day fixing the website, we were then informed of another attack. This time via Facebook. As many of you know, all our DJ’s have their own DJ page on Facebook to promote their show, the bands they are playing on air and to keep you informed of gigs and festivals they are interested in. Also, the main Total Biker FM Facebook page was a great information page giving free promotion to the hard working bands, the promoters and more. On Friday 11th May 2012, over 20 official Total Biker FM related pages were all taken down with a basic message for each one with this information: Hello, We have removed your Page: Total Biker FM from Facebook because we
received a report alleging that it infringed or violated the rights of a
third party, and/or because we have reason to believe that you are not
authorized to represent the subject matter of the Page. We strongly encourage you to review the content you have posted to
Facebook to make sure that you have not posted any other unauthorized or
infringing content. Please keep in mind that it is our policy to terminate
the accounts of repeat infringers/violators when appropriate. If you believe that we have made a mistake in removing this content, then
please visit http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=1108 for more information. The Facebook Team Obviously, this contradicts itself as they emailed an official @totalbikerfm email address to say that we do not have permission to use the account. At the present moment, we are using an old TBFM group to rally support. The page can be found by clicking here. We are asking if you could post this message and share it to all your friends. Also could you join the group to show Facebook we will not be beaten by these bullies. “We really need some people power. Some one has decided at Facebook to pull down Total Biker FM’s facebook page and all DJ associated pages. If you want to help us to continue to support the underground rock, punk & metal scene, we would really appreciate it if you could email ip@fb.com and tell facebook that Total Biker FM’s facebook page is owned by totalbikerfm.com – if you could also help to spread the word on Facebook we’d be very grateful!!!” Jay & Stacey
TOTAL BIKER FM Total Biker FM has and always will be a non profit radio station. No one (including the owners Mucka Jay & Scarlett) ever get any payment for the work they do. We do not play annoying adverts and we do not play commercial rubbish. We support unsigned bands, new and independent record labels, young bands that get no radio play elsewhere and a lot more. We also support charities and have helped with RACPA, SHELTER UK, ST BASIL’S HOSPICE, ACORNS, HELP FOR HEROES, RBL, MAG, BRITISH BIKER RELIEF FOUNDATION and many more. We are not an offensive radio station, we are a community. To have a piece of our station ripped from us without cause is unfair but we will continue regardless. On may 31st 2012, we will be celebrating 3 years on the airwaves and nothing will stop that. Thank you to everyone from bands, staff, promoters, and very importantly our faithful listeners for helping support us through this unprovoked attack. TBFM Factor announcement will still happen Sunday 13th May. The Total Biker FM 3rd Birthday Bash will still happen on 3rd June. ITS BUSINESS AS USUAL.

Update Reply
totalbikerfm @ 12/05/2012 13:19  

Hope we can fix it mate and get the bastards who have done this. If we let these people get away with it they could even be targeting BM next. It's not acceptable either that FB can allow someone to just take down your business.

Good luck

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/05/2012 13:27  

I've just clicked your link and joined your page on FB!! Good luck

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2012 13:36  

Me too, Good luck you great guys.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/05/2012 14:11  

me too !!! Mucka you still owe me ice cream :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/05/2012 22:52  

Hello Jay & Stacey, I came across your post this morning and I am geniunely sorry to hear of your trouble. I am not a member of the Facebook (AKA 'Dangerbook') crowd, although I have sent an email to ib@fb.com in support of TBFM. I'm sure you and your team are making every effort to ammend the wrong doing and demanding to know how FB can remove you based on mere allegation? While I am no computer buff, it all seems to a little strange and in my opinion, quite possibly a deliberate attack from someone closer to home. As Matt rightly says, the bast(s) responsible should be caught, .. then named and shamed and hung out to dry!.. Good luck in your quest .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2012 09:55  

hmmm, just clicked on the link above and got this msg This content is currently unavailable The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Update Reply
centurion @ 14/05/2012 17:17  

Jason McGuire OFFICIAL: TOTAL BIKER FM'S NAME WILL CEASE VERY SOON AS ANOTHER COMPANY WITH A SIMILAR NAME HAS REGISTERED THERE NAME AS A TRADE MARK WHICH TRUMPS US. SO TOTAL BIKER FM HAS TO REBRAND TO STAY LIVE.
Due to the above they have removed all pages that mention or reference Total Biker FM and are re-branding with a new name.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 14/05/2012 18:09  

Gloom...forgive my aging brain cells...but does your post mean that all has been explained and all OK now ???

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 14/05/2012 21:00  

How can a similar name to TBFM mean that TBFM has to change its business name? I don't understand that. As TBFM has been trading for 3 years how come it took the other company so long to notice the 'similarity' in names? Surely it's only when a non trade marked company trades under the exact same name as a trade marked company that it has to change its name? I didn't explain meself very well there but I think you know what I mean? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/05/2012 18:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email