MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Join the BM Events Team!

Join the BM Events Team! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Join the BM Events Team! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Join the BM Events Team!

"I have no track of which are BM-only events and which are public events in the calendar" Perhaps you should!

"we had 2000 events in the past 12 months" that is misleading to say the least

I'm sure that all the bike clubs and pubs etc will over the moon to know that you claim them as BM events ...... bear in mind most of the events posted on there are done by ordinary members not the "fantastic mutual appreciation" team.
Now what will happen is that all the mutal appreciation teams will post like mad say what a wonderful job BM does.
It is I agree a good source of what events etc are going on, something a lot of rally based info sites often miss off, but please Matt don't take credit for stuff that has nothing to do with BM

Update Reply
kaycat @ 11/05/2012 07:29  

I wish I could post in my own name The "fantastic mutual appreciation" team.

Update Reply
JP @ 11/05/2012 07:38  

*we had 2,000 events in the past 12 months* Nowhere did Matt say BM events, and I agree that if BM'ers arrange a pub/cafe meet then it is an event on BM, such as just this winter we arranged social meets in pubs around the East Anglia area, if we don't put it on events how do people get to know about it?? The major rallies up & down the country aren't "organised" by BM, but they're on the events for the purpose of information for members, that's when members get together & meet, therefor IMO this becomes the BM side of the event. Lets stop knocking just for the sake of it eh, as to the "fantastic mutual appreciation" team, I take it you refer to the events team, the unpaid giving their time to sort/plan co-ordinate events?? Before I go I'd just like to say congrats to Kaycat on the eloquent though misguided post..

Update Reply
old red @ 11/05/2012 09:18  

Kaycat posted: bear in mind most of the events posted on there are done by ordinary members not the "fantastic mutual appreciation" team. Erm...Kay (or was it Shadowfax?) there is no them and us on BM, we ALL are 'ordinary' members as you put it, including the *staff. To everyone: Every member of staff is a *volunteer, and frankly I'm getting fed up with the negative comments. The events organisers do a sometimes difficult job, co-ordinating events and trying their best to factor everything in and please everyone, an impossible task but they get close. As for the calendar I spend a lot of time editing and adding information to events that other members have submitted, as well as sourcing events myself. If that makes me a member of the 'mutual appreciation society' then good! cos just lately there has been a lot of unappreciative comments. I would say 'if you can do better get on with it' but I enjoy looking after the calendar.lol I wish those who don't contribute to the site would stop criticising those who do!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/05/2012 10:13  

Rockchickeelicious ..... you would be a very welcomed member to the team ... esp 'in the North'

POSITIVE feedback is always welcomed and always has been ...
no one is perfect but we do our best and to be honest ... as part of the "fantastic mutual appreciation" team .... If anyone would like to put their money (time) where their mouth is .... they also would be a welcomed member of the ...erm dare I say it .... 'team'

Posativity ... Builds and encourages
Negativity ... Destroys and discourages

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 11/05/2012 10:46  

and they begin zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ! oh the pedantic

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/05/2012 11:09  

Constructive critisism and suggestions are more than welcome.

No event is ever perfect and can always be improved upon, irrelevant of who is organising it, major well established events or small first time only ones.

For those who wish to have a go at organising something themselves go for it, plenty of folk who are more than happy to advise or help.

For those who are dissatified with what other folk have done, actions speak louder than words, put up or shut up

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/05/2012 11:19  

Shadowfax, Sorry I mean "kaycat",

Your misguided and negative post just goes to show why you was removed from the site in the first place.

Oh sorry I forgot, that's not Shadowfax at all is it. Yea, right.

Kaycat - let SF use your account one more time and you'll be removed from BM. I'm leaving this warning public so everyone knows when the time comes why your account has vanished. Those who know you and SF know exactly who posted the above message.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/05/2012 11:48  

Welcome to the team: OLD RED.

Thanks fella, I know BMers in your area will very much appreciate your help.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/05/2012 11:49  

Yay ... welcome to the events team Dave

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 11/05/2012 11:57  

Being fairly new/old/returned I havent organised or helped out any BM folk but organising ride outs, rallies, BBQs, pub visits etc... wouldnt be a problem I dont think. D'ya think I might be of any use?...

Update Reply
Laffo @ 11/05/2012 12:17  

Boss Man grab him quick before he hides lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/05/2012 12:20  

You get the rope Jackie and I will lasoo (or whatever you call it) till Matt gets him ...lol

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 11/05/2012 12:21  

MIKE! Jees man you're more than welcome. I know from the old Bike Chat days (remember BC! lol) how good you are organising stuff.

Hope the missus and kids are good mate and I'll drop you a PM about joining the team

Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/05/2012 12:25  

Welcome to the events team: Laffo (Mike, North West/Cumbria).

Mike's been hiding in the background of BM for a while but I've known the guy for 9 years (since Bike Chat). I know 100% he's gonna be a credit to the team (cos I have his address and can find him if he's not pulling his weight lol).

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/05/2012 12:57  

Alex i missed but Matt got his man lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/05/2012 13:05  

I always get my man

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/05/2012 13:13  

Matt, soon as the ladies mentioned rope I was there allready.

How doo folks hope I can help.

Update Reply
Laffo @ 11/05/2012 13:22  

Best start would be a ride out, get your local BM folks together then ask what next.

Cumbria is perfect so I'll bet you get folks travelling to your events, like for bbqs etc

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/05/2012 13:49  

Have to get me plotting hat on, see who's where, meet up points/routes etc... Watch this space.

Update Reply
Laffo @ 11/05/2012 14:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email