MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Insurance renewals

Insurance renewals - Forums [Biker Match] Insurance renewals - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Insurance renewals

hmm insurance companies eh
just done the usual comparison stuff (for the car but i'm sure the same applies to bike insurance too!! too bad i've already renewed my bike insurance two months ago ) and found out while changing a couple of things around that its 10% MORE EXPENSIVE to be WIDOWED rather than SINGLE WTF is that about?!?!?!? so i guess as far as they are concerned i'm single (be another 25% cheaper again if i was cohabiting) so just to make everyone aware about this and to advise you to "check" when your own renewals time comes round whether you can "reduce" your premiums!!!!Also don't trust the comparison websites in their entirety, as my current insurer came in at around £200 cheaper than they were actually asking for with the renewal notice!!!!!!

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 05/05/2012 14:53  

Always the way with insurance. When I insured the bike the quote was exactly the same with or without the voluntary excess, although the excess was £300 by default. Quote was £78, took the excess out and the quote was still £78.
Golden rule with insurance is shop around each year, both motoring and house. Most companies will give you a good deal with a new policy, then increase it on renewal. Most people accept the renewal so they've got on-going business from an existing customer base. Go elsewhere the next year and you'll get a cheaper price than your existing renewal quote. If you have the time and can be bothered take the quote from another company to your existing company and you'll be surprised how much they can knock off the price they quoted you.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 06/05/2012 03:41  

Just insured six bikes fully comp for under £250,includes legal protection and breakdown/recovery inc European cover!! I happy wiv dat!!
(total bike values around £15000) excess £50-200 depending on bike..multi bike policy for classic bikes,Carol Nash.FNCB

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 15/05/2012 00:31  

ditto for me carole nash ,been with them for donkey's years!least hassle company i've found,now supply marking soup for the bikes too;similar to smart water.combined modern/classic policy,very similar price to rossoandy,not the cheapest out there .but easiest to deal with espescially if you need to chop and change bikes around!near ex -wifey uses them for car cover too.beleive you can cover cars and bikes together now too....could save a lot perhaps.hope this useful! jinx

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/05/2012 12:41  

Yep Stroggyman, found the same thing last year. Wasn't even any awareness on the part of the the thicko in the call centre that maybe me changing my marital status was a tad upsetting, let alone the fact that the premium bumped up 10%

Update Reply
SouthLondonPhil @ 20/05/2012 16:10  

I pay £1000 for mine. As I dabble in a bit of motor trading it's a trade policy. Gives me fully comp on unlimited vehicles, bikes and cars with no limit on engine size

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 20/05/2012 17:19  

Problem there Tim is Traders Policies only give trade value if u bin or loose bike....and no fringe benefits such as recovery,legal assistance and foreign use is often either very restricted or not there at all. And your no claims discount from private policies often not useable. |Excesses often high too...
BUT if you are buying and selling there no option....

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 31/05/2012 12:47  

Well Carol Nash are taking the piss for a VFR 800

Your Quote:£647.29Until:03/07/2012Excess:Voluntary £0, Total Excess £450

AA £166, same cover less excess, are Carol Nash just out of touch or do soft gits insure with them.

I am house owner, no convictions it is garaged in a low risk area alarmed, locked HISS 2 and trip wires and bells....so what the hell are thes so called dedicated bike insurers thinking. I have at least 20 quotes less than £200 I just dont get it ha ha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2012 10:09  

Moving to products and services forum, interesting topic. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/06/2012 14:08  

my pet hate subject! Carole Nash was cheaper for me in my 30's but now comparitively expensive.
im now with Adelaide.....think they might be irish but check their website. you should always go back to your insurance and ask for better than the renewal quote they are offering - generally they can knock 30-40% off it.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 06/06/2012 16:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email