MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Thankyou Matt and other Mods

Thankyou Matt and other Mods - Forums [Biker Match] Thankyou Matt and other Mods - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Thankyou Matt and other Mods

I just want to say thankyou to Matt and the other mods on here for all their hard work.
I have been a member quite a while and have met/spoke with some excellent people on here (all from England/Scotland as no one from here who is on this site seems to want to reply, talk or meet up) add to that the info on bike maintenance and upcoming legal stuff for tests, l-drivers etc and I would have known a lot less if this site was not here, so thankyou Matt and hope your pain goes soon!
Lulu

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 11:26  

from a purely personal point of view,i have met some of the warmest and caring people on here,and although seen as a potential thorn in the butt, i do what i do ,i am what i am,marmite as they say...if not for bm i would not have stumbled across you lot and the object of my attentions......i think the loss of any one of you would be a sad thing. x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/05/2012 11:34  

Aw thanks guys

I love running BM to be honest and it's messages like this which make it all worthwhile. And seeing 300 or so BMers at MCN and other such events clearly demonstrating the size and success of BM really makes me proud.

BM wouldn't be what it is without the staff though so I gotta say again how much I appreciate everything that they do for me/BM.

And the pain - hmmm, not getting better. Every time I sneeze or stretch (in the morning) it's like pressing a reset button and going back to week 1 after the operation. It's 7 weeks now though

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/05/2012 11:42  

From your other post in the 'smile' thread Jinx it looks like Monday is going to be good for you hon, nice one! Hope you have a great day x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 11:43  

Jeez 7 weeks Matt :( Oh dear, not nice! I was recently off work for a month with a badly torn muscle in my back/shoulder and am only now able to move my right arm freely so I couldn't imagine the agony of an op on the spine!
Yes thanks again to all the mods for their time and work :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 11:48  

Awww, jinx, you`ll have everybody blushing mate.
But have to agree, as a relative newbie, just wanna say thanks Matt and the staff for a great site and for giving me the chance to meet so many wonderful people.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 11:50  

Thanks Lulu, altho I'm not a moderator I assume you mean all staff lol Thanks Matt, for your appreciation and thanks for not throwing it all in when the going gets tough.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/05/2012 11:51  

Oh right Sandi haha! I have no idea who is a Mod or what!

Yes all staff I meant x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 11:54  

Thanks, Matt, for the time taken to consider what are constructive points and answer with generalitites and opinions. This site can be so much more. There is no doubt the potential is there and good things do happen on here. However, as I pointed out earlier, if opinions don't match yours or senior mods you get gagged. Most that I know do have a warmth and affection for the site and do want it to prosper yet our views are devalued and excluded. Worth baring in mind me thinks.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 11:56  

Matt if this thread goes the way of the others could you lock it please as it is purely a thread to thank all staff for their time and effort and I don't wish it to be hi-jacked by negative stuff.
Thanks x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/05/2012 12:01  

Ronnie, there are no SENIOR mods, all staff are equal, we are members just like you and everyone else. Matt doesn't want to shut anyone up he just asks that if any member has a complaint to contact him direct, not post on the forum first. You have to give him a chance to sort out whatever is the problem before posting remarks on the forum. LOL Lulu, no problem, for a look see at who is who scroll down the page and click on the 'BikerMatch Staff' button. You will see all of us there, with a description of what we do.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/05/2012 12:04  

Yea some people can't help themselves, Lu. They deliberately try to destroy the website every day. Posting crappy negative comments to put off new members. Simply because they're just holding a grudge over previous issues/incidents or trying to cause destruction on behalf of ex-members who are their friends. Just gotta shrug off idiots like that and accept the internet has trolls like them everywhere.

I've already said a million times that any suggestions or complaints can be sent to me via PM. There's a website feedback option on the contact page for that very reason. Shame these same people have NEVER used it and instead vent their frustrations as complaints in the forum. VERY constructive - NOT.

So glad that 99.9% of BMers absolutely love it here. Shame it's taken me 5 years though to block out the moaners and shit stirrers. They used to make me really depressed and I considered closing BM many times in the past. Then I realised - when one goes away there's always another to replace him/her, along with 50,000 people who disagree with everything he/she says. Which is great :-D

And thanks for starting this topic, it's clear why you did it and it's appreciated.

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/05/2012 12:07  

Lulu How about meeting us in person at the Kiss rally. we can find you a tent if you need to fly or are struggling with luggage so hope you can make it to the big meet of the year. we may even get Matt to buy you a drink or 3

Update Reply
JP @ 05/05/2012 15:19  

lol don't push it JP!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 05/05/2012 15:24  

"Thanks Lulu, altho I'm not a moderator I assume you mean all staff lol"
Who's this Sandi person then; lol. - only joking Sandi, we all know you get more dates than anyone else on BM . Thanks for your commments Lulu. We do our best.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 05/05/2012 15:31  

i found this site by accident and i m glad i did since joining i ve been on many events and meet many lovely people who are now friends every group of people has its problems but i find the site good value for money but you get out what you put in also

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 05/05/2012 16:32  

Im a new member of staff so thanks Lulu xxx

As for BM......................I have met so many lovely people, quite a few i class as some of the best friends anyone could wish for!!! BM to me is a group of people who like bikes, whether they ride or just pilly or even if they don't they share an enthusiasm for bikes.
Its a place to chat with like minded people when you're sat alone at night, somewhere to be with others even if you're home alone, a place to laugh and cry, a place to help or be helped, get advice on something you're not sure about, that little pick you up when you're feeling down, a place where you can be yourself and don't have to try to be something you're not, a place to arrange to get together for rideouts or socials and a place to see whats going on in the biking world.

BM is so much and its all thanks to Matt for all the hard work he has and is putting into it, thanks to the staff for arranging great meetings and rideouts, and its thanks to all members for supporting BM and making it such a great place to be!!!!!

Big thanks BM and Matt and all who make it what it is!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 06/05/2012 00:39  

Sandi, we all know you get more dates than anyone else on BM . Yes, well Simon, don't tell Nellie or he'll want one!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/05/2012 09:21  

Wow I have read some of the threads today and lets just leave it at that statement.
Firstly Matt, I had no idea that u are recovering from a spinal operation and that u are dedicated enough to even attempt to just read the pm's let alone do any coding changes. Hats off and deep respect for you, and a little concern as well if i'm honest. Please don't risk jeopardising ur recovery.. Gentle hug and enuf said.

Secondly, wow, i feel really bad at getting upset over some access issues on chat.. I'm not going to fan any flames of threads by going into the issue there. I am now less sensitive about the issue and people have stopped reminding me about it.. So my humble appologies as a newbie who did not know how to contact the mods or who they were. I now know how to find that information out and will address any suggestions or problems via that route..

I also want to say that the gentle way that I was given advice to contact a mod if the problem continued, was nothing short of an excellent and very professional way of letting me know who to talk to and I have to say thanks for that standard of care, I applaud u all.

I do love the positive threads on here as we all have bad times and I go on there to cheer myself up sometimes.. That can be soo beneficial. I woud love to see more of those types of threads as a newbie.
I am happy to pay the very reasonable fees for a site that offers so much more than others. Its a much more complex site than a normal and expensive dating site, and without it, I wouldn't have my newbie rally to attend. I would never have known about it. So massive appreciation for that.

Thank you to all the staff that help this site work and i am eternally greatful to you all. Ur unwavering determination to keep this site current and relaxing are truly noted and appreciated. Ur request a lift function on the events site is soo invaluable to a newbie saving for a bike again after years like me.

Lastly to Lulu, as a relatively new member on here myself, thank you for starting this post as it has been a breath of fresh air and a real eye opener to a simple soul as myself..

Update Reply
hurtz @ 06/05/2012 10:24  

What Wenders said

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 06/05/2012 13:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email