MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Recommendation: Lake District, Y'shire Dales or N. Y'Shire Moors

Recommendation: Lake District, Y'shire Dales or N. Y'Shire Moors (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Recommendation: Lake District, Y'shire Dales or N. Y'Shire Moors (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Recommendation: Lake District, Y'shire Dales or N. Y'Shire Moors

Thanks for the details Neil. I know what you mean regarding a bike for all occasions. In my youth my Royal Enfield continental GT was my life line. A work horse for traveling to work, usually about 60 plus miles a day, my holiday transport and general ride out with mates evenings and weekends.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 01/05/2012 22:27  

If you do Middleton in Teesdale don't forget to park up and take a look at High Force And how could I forget the Slaughtered Lamb....oops, tan Hill Inn

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/05/2012 22:32  

Thanks Minnie, that looks good.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 01/05/2012 22:59  

i'd wizz up the a1 to the n y moors. have a day at scarborough. hammer the bike round olivers mount and dream. dont miss robin hoods bay. then whitby. then ride through the villages along the river esk. go boating at ruswarp and sleights. steam trains at grosmont. work your way to great ayton for ice creams by the river. you could go over to saltburn and staithes. theres loads of nice places over there. then you could head over to tan hill and the lakes.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/05/2012 01:44  

Thanks for the information busafeller. Looks like I am going to be busy with so many places to see

Update Reply
davidneale @ 02/05/2012 05:12  

oooo besides all those ovely roads/places - boy am I missing em since moving to the West Midlands!! - there's always the road from Ingleton to Hawes (& the Hawes cafe...good biker cafe)..the B6255. Takes you past The Hill Inn - good ales there & they do (or did) B&B You could also go to Malham & Malham Cove (not far from Kirkby Lonsdale & Devils Bridge) - There's the Buck inn & the Lister Arms, both do B&B & (I think it's the Lister) that, if you're into Whisky has a WHOLE menu of every type of Whisky you could imagine!...I wasn't into Whisky until I stopped there!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 02/05/2012 09:52  

That sounds dangerous, whisky is my favourite tipple Thanks for the suggestions . What I think I need to do is get a big map on the wall and mark up all these lovely places. Then work out what order to do them in.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 02/05/2012 10:07  

David sounds like your doing a "Tour of the North" not a Tour of the Lakes! lol Giving me quite itchy feet too ....all my old stomping grounds mentioned there!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 03/05/2012 07:03  

kwakgirl Yes your are right. It started with what part of the north should I go, but it now looks like, with all the brilliant suggestions, that I want to do as many areas as possible. It will give me the oportunity to meet some more people also.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/05/2012 07:11  

Wow! A "Classic Nealer-Beemer Tour!"

David - so many suggestions of good places to go. A lot of ground to cover and all great roads.

Get us an intinerary when you sort it. Would love to see if I can join you for a leg! (Especially if there's ice-cream to be had in Whitby)

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 03/05/2012 09:39  

Riggy, Yes I am quite looking forward to it, but have a lot of working out to do. Also I want to take the opportunity to meet up with some of the BM'ers while I am in their area. Do they do ice cream by the leg now?

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/05/2012 12:42  

Only for us short people

Update Reply
Riggy66 @ 03/05/2012 20:38  

Unfortunately I have to change my plans now, due to a period without any work and funds running dry. I now have some work come in but it all clashes with the planned trip and the Farmyard. Needs must and I have to work instead. Thankyou to everyone who has given me some tips on where to go, they will not be wasted, but I will have to think again as to when I can do this.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 02/06/2012 07:19  

David , that's understandable but such a shame!! We've got all the flags out around here....some peeps reckon they're for someone called The Queen, ....but we know better don't we!!!!

You're welcome up here anytime, so give us the nod when you're on your way, and it'll be great to see you.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/06/2012 07:52  

Well said, Oh Purple One :>> Perhaps later in the year, David

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 02/06/2012 11:48  

Aww David. That's a shame but good news on the work front. Don't worry we'll all still be here when the time is right and I bet you won't want to leave!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 02/06/2012 12:33  

Give us a shout if your up this way, free camping in the middle of the Lakes (our garden) and I might take you to a rally if your a good boy.

Update Reply
Laffo @ 03/06/2012 00:34  

all this is making me wish the sax and car had sold so i could grab my tent and do a tour , never really seen that much of yorkshire apart from looking for crashed planes in the middle of the night or passing over head when ever I could cadge a plane ride .
I tend to get lost and miss things take the wrong and usually boring roads

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2012 05:05  

Don't know where you were looking Rad but there are no boring roads in Yorkshire....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2012 09:31  

Yorkshire is God's own county we have every thing, great roads, great cafe's, great race track, great resorts, great coast, great camp sites,the highest pub in Britian, the biggest cave in Britain, the highest waterfall in Britain and some of the best beer availabeln what more could you want. Ho and I live here if you had not guess'd

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 03/06/2012 18:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email