MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Events Section

Events Section (5) - Forums [Biker Match] Events Section (5) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Events Section

nice one matt

Update Reply
RC @ 17/08/2007 17:59  

Matt, on reconsideration I think we should keep the Pub/Cafe and the Informal entries separate, but a rename may be in order. How about this (list in alphabetical order):

Advanced Riding Meets
for improving your riding
Bike Shows/Exhibitions
all indoor events
Biker Rallies/Festivals
all outdoor events
Club Meets
like owner's clubs
Dance Events
(for John Travolta want to be's )
House Parties
organised by individuals
Informal (Irregular) Gatherings
for irregular gatherings
Longer Trips/Weekends
including trips abroad
Pub/Cafe (Regular) Meets
for regular gatherings
Racing Events
for watching
Ride-Outs
enjoying the British roads
Rock Gigs
(for head bang-ers/-ing )
Speed Dating
what this site is all about
Track Days
to have fun on the track

So, maybe Pub/Cafe Meets could have the word Regular added, and the Informal have the word Irregular added, or some similar types of words, should cure the confusion.

Until someone comes up with other Categories, I think you've got most things covered.

Well done,

Update Reply
Berks_Biker @ 18/08/2007 03:58  

yea, i was thinking that the informal gatherings was for like Matlock bath meets etc, where there is no specific pub/cafe but just a general herd of bikers lol. It is however quite regular now. So that will cause confusion. Oh i don't know anymore! Why is life so hard mummy? lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/08/2007 07:15  

Which 'mummy' are you asking? illogical (aka Kwak) or biological? pml Why 'SPEED DATING' events? No one on here has ever organised one, would anyone on here go if someone did? BTW it's RIDES OUT not ride outs who's being picky?? Not moi!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/08/2007 07:21  

Agreed Kwak that "Speed Dating" is a bit specific, but I couldn't come up with any better suggestion. :-(

As for organising one, at TVAM they organised a "Dating Run" on Sunday 29th Feb 2004. It was a mixture of Speed Dating and a Social run to a pub and back. Would have been quite fun, except for the overnight snow that put off most of the women (18m vs 5f). One of the 5f was an ex-g/f from about 3 months earlier, so we just chatted about what we thought about it!

Maybe BikerMatch could organise a similar get together and run?

Update Reply
Berks_Biker @ 18/08/2007 09:43  

Suicide Frogs mcc, (Burton on Trent). Custom Show, Saturday 1st Sept, at the Foresters Pub, Scropton, NR Tutbury. Staffs. Stalls, Tatooist, Beer, pub food, 100 camping spaces for sat night, Rock disco, live band. Trophies + cash prize for best bike in show, to pre-book your bike in show, booking form available on website or phone Deano 01283 533363, www.suicidefrogsmcc.co.uk Admission to show is FREE, Camping is £3. All donations to Scropton Riding School for the Disabled. Hope to see you there.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2007 14:52  

Please put this in the events section, not the forums. Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/08/2007 15:02  

Berks_Biker, Matt mentioned speed dating yonks ago, so I wasn't having a dig at YOU, I wasn't having a dig at all, I just wondered how many bikers would attend a speed dating event. Even if I wasn't dating I don't think I'd attend a speed dating event. IMHO I think far too many men SPEED when it comes to dating, whatever happened to ROMANCE, taking things steady and woooing a woman? Yup, an old-fashioned concept but a good one.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/08/2007 03:53  

what about the combined event suggested above then? Like a ride-out combined with a pub/cafe event that's specifically for dating? But this might exclude those who dont want to date from going on the event. What say thee?

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/08/2007 04:32  

Don't worry Kwak, I wasn't taking it personally. I fact I didn't even think it was directed at me. :-)

Like you, I prefer a more romantic approach, rather than "you've got 3 mins to make up your mind" approach.

Anyway, off to decide what to add to the Events section.

Update Reply
Berks_Biker @ 27/08/2007 08:35  

Matt, no, don't modify the categories to combine types. People should just add two items, and link them by name or description.

Ref my description of what TVAM did once was just as a way of making BikerMatch more interesting, rather than a suggestion to change anything.

Update Reply
Berks_Biker @ 27/08/2007 08:38  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email