MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Events Section

Events Section - Forums [Biker Match] Events Section - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Events Section

I've recommenced work on the events section. Its a big project though and will take more than just a week or 2. Is there anything you would like to see included in it? Please use bullet points for any suggestions Thanks

Update Reply
Matt @ 17/07/2007 16:44  

Events section of what? the forum? the newsletter? What type of events? my coat awaits>>>>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/07/2007 22:43  

Im not even gonna answer that! DOH. U definitely are blonde

Update Reply
Matt @ 18/07/2007 15:43  

oh my kwak---- events as is goin out ....things to do places..... to see rallies to go on

Update Reply
RC @ 18/07/2007 16:31  

Charming!! I ask a genuine question and you let my 'blondeness' colour your judgement and refuse to answer the Q Sod ya then! How can there be a section about anything on here, everything gets lost cos it aint a normal forum Mutter mutter nit 1 purl 1, drop a stitch, start again mutter mutter

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/07/2007 16:49  

what the hell u still goin on about the forum for lol ffs!?!?! The EVENTS SECTION and NOT the FORUM!

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/07/2007 12:53  

now now calm down calm down what will it matter in a hundred years errrrrrr dont throw those tomatoes and rotting fruit i was only joking xxxxs

Update Reply
earthwind @ 21/07/2007 07:51  

The events section as i see it will have or have the facillity to creat a ride outs thread, could it be possible to have a attendance list added or is this asking to much ? Some forums i have been on in the past have this option!

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 21/07/2007 18:05  

its a calendar, which shows current events. Subscribed users can create new events (This is to prevent spamming) and moderators must approve them. I've already built the attendance list into it. Im hoping to have it so that a person's profile will show which events they are due to go to next (Or have been to). Then I'm going to have reviews about the event where people can post some stuff up about it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/07/2007 10:14  

That sounds like a damn fine idea Matt.

Update Reply
Di @ 22/07/2007 13:16  

Sounds brilliant matt a fine setup

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 22/07/2007 16:46  

yea but its taking forever - its a huge section, and im going to try and integrate it with as many other parts of the site as possible (like a users profile for example)

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/07/2007 16:46  

Matt maybe you (or the member) could put the events, that the member is attending, in their profiles with a link to the calendar, and have the rest (calendar of events and reviews) separate? or would that be more work instead of less? coat >>>>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2007 08:45  

It's ok I've just re-read my drivel, realised I've just repaeted what Matt said lol, I'm tired, it's been a long (but happy) weekend At this rate I'll have more coats than I can possibly wear >>

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2007 08:49  

my god kwak! Im gonna set-up a coat-manufacturing factory for u!

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/07/2007 13:20  

Lol lol lol lol matt Never mind kwak im always having bad brain days

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 23/07/2007 13:57  

ROFLMHO @ Matt Behave, you'll be accused of favouritism if you're not careful

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2007 14:31  

Wot he didn't say kwak is that you're the only one working there and ya gotta knit 'em!

Update Reply
Di @ 23/07/2007 18:07  

ROFLMHO Baaa! that's an awful lot of wool Mrs

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/07/2007 04:06  

Are you not thinking of a calendar? So each week members can see what is happening, and where, and then plan their ride to and from, check who else is going, and maybe meet on the way, etc. Here is one for next year: Chestnut Sunday in Bushy Park, near Hampton Court. Bring along the bike, join the parade, then mill around meet others and see he other displays. Here is one for this year: BM's Bike 440 ride weekend in October...

Update Reply
Apiarist @ 24/07/2007 17:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email